Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info Requested

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Info Requested

My company will be relocating me to HK for the next 3 years. I have few questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. I've been told there is a indoor road coarse at the old airport location. What is the name/address?

2. Are there any other tracks besides this one? Is there anyplace to race off-road?

3. Is electric or gas more popular?

4. I found a small practice track (in a park under a street ramp) near my office in Wanchai. Are there any other tracks open to the public for practice?

5. I have a JR XS3 FM trasmitter. Are there any restrictions in HK re what frequencies can be used?

Thanks is advance for your help.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Info Requested

Originally posted by Lano
My company will be relocating me to HK for the next 3 years. I have few questions that I hope someone can answer.

1. I've been told there is a indoor road coarse at the old airport location. What is the name/address?

2. Are there any other tracks besides this one? Is there anyplace to race off-road?

3. Is electric or gas more popular?

4. I found a small practice track (in a park under a street ramp) near my office in Wanchai. Are there any other tracks open to the public for practice?

5. I have a JR XS3 FM trasmitter. Are there any restrictions in HK re what frequencies can be used?

Thanks is advance for your help.
im not sure what the indoor track is called but i suggest you not to go there. the track is pretty small and i think its more suitable for micro racing. there are 4 more tracks in hk. theres one at the old airport and the rest are mostly up in the New Territories. there use to me an off road track, but since its not popular in hk, i think it closed down. both eletric and gas is popular in hk, you will find the same amount of eletric as gas running on the track. i think the small practice track new your office in wanchai your talking about is under a bridge near the cross harbor tunnel. that track is even smaller than the indoor one and theres absolutly no traction at all. the track is made of concrete and the oil from gas cars made the surface really slick and hard to control. as for your transmitter, any transmitter work in hk, 27mzh, 40, 75, AM, FM...anything works!

hope this information could help you out...see you around the tracks!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:07 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Furthermore, here are some websites:
- For mostly 1/8: www.aco.com.hk
- The indoor track: www.rcracinghk.com

Enjoy shopping at MongKok... for RC products!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thank You

Thank you for all the information. This helps a great deal.

Fortunately my wife reads Chinese so she was able to translate the sites for me. I'll be checking the tracks out as soon as we make the move.