Search

Howzit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Howzit!

Aloha Everyone...

Just getting back into the hobby...Good to see our local bruthas and sistas rocking their RC whips!

Looking forward to meeting you folks, and getting out there. Running on my street has gotten boring...Time to venture out...

Anyways, if you see a new (old) guy out at the tracks, that may be me...

Not sure when the track is open, but I'll swing by once and awhile to check it out...

Any 1/5 scale action happening?

Is there a fee to run on the track?

All my stuff is electric, is this OK?

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks...

Jump it, fix it, repeat...

Aloha

Last edited by local boy; 07-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by local boy
Aloha Everyone...

Just getting back into the hobby...Good to see our local bruthas and sistas rocking their RC whips!

Looking forward to meeting you folks, and getting out there. Running on my street has gotten boring...Time to venture out...

Anyways, if you see a new (old) guy out at the tracks, that may be me...

Not sure when the track is open, but I'll swing by once and awhile to check it out...

Any 1/5 scale action happening?

Is there a fee to run on the track?

All my stuff is electric, is this OK?

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks...

Jump it, fix it, repeat...

Aloha
howzit bra the track at barbers point open every sunday and on the first sunday of the month is races as far as fees on reguler days it 15 buck and on race days its 15 bucks first class 10 bucks each additional class we dont have a class for the 1/5 scale yet and we race both gas and electric here are the classes for racing nitro- 1/8 truggy and 1/8 buggy electric 1/8 buggy 1/10 short course 2wd and 4wd 1/10 shortcourse buggy 17.5 class but on regular day you can run whatever you bring pretty much
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Howzet Local Boy. Welcome to the Hawaii section of the forum. With the addition to what kailiboi noted, we also have ShortCourse Saturdays that is a night race for all 1/10th and 1/8th scale electric rides. A scheduled race is this coming Saturday the 20th at "Da Track" (see thread). All are welcome to joint in on the fun and I hope you can find the time.

Shoots..
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Right-on!

Thanks Guys!

I appreciate the Aloha...and that you guys were kind enough to take the time to help me out with the info...

I'll see you guys out there...For sure!

Aloha
Randy
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

And for on-road action we have racing at Race World Hawaii in Kunia every 2nd and 4th Sunday. There are 3 on-road tracks on-site: Small oval, Small road course, and Championship road course. There is a park entry fee of $10 to cover maintenance and insurance for practice. On race days it is the park entry fee $10 plus $6 per class you run. Currently we run 1/10th stock TC, 1/10th 13.5 TC, 1/12th 13.5 pan car, World GT, and Formula 1. WGT is a new class that is just getting off the ground but interest is high so I think it will be around awhile. 13.5 TC and Formula 1 right now have kind of low interest so they don't always run. But I have hope they will pick up again soon.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Thanks!

Thanks InspGadget...

Being new to the race scene...I don't quite understand the tech descriptions of the cars/trucks...

I use my brushless E-Revo w/ MM 2200 kv ( has a 1/8 on-road body) as a on-road car...Will this one fit in any class?

Thanks...

Aloha
Randy
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've been busy with my job search.

Unfortunately that really wouldn't fit into one of our classes. If you want...come by this weekend when we race and check out the classes. That way you can get a better idea of what is running.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking No Worries...!

Bummer...

I'll just come on open days to get my speed rush...

Thanks Brutha...

Aloha

Randy
Old 07-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry about that man...I really don't like to turn people away but that just really doesn't match up with the classes most people run. We used to have a "run what you brung" class but not enough people ran in it to keep it going.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking No Worries...!

Thanks Brutha...

I will be checking it out...and seeing how I can get in the action...

Aloha

Randy