Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

As I recall it was pretty much the same as retail...maybe a buck or two lower but not much. They also normally use Jaco WGT tires...I prefer the BSR/CRC ones due to the bendy Jaco rims. They did use BSR/CRC tires one year but that was because Jaco was out of stock.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Well I'll be damned...After messing with the steering link something just wasn't looking right so I checked the ride height on the car and it was lower than I originally set it. On further investigation I found I was missing the front 2 screws and spacers that space the suspension mounting plate from the chassis. Then I remembered I was messing with ride height in the last practice and had screws that were too short for those spots and just barely held in the nut...most likely they came off on the track somewhere. Which means the front suspension mount was likely flexing and causing the erratic behavior of the car. D'oh!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well I'll be damned...After messing with the steering link something just wasn't looking right so I checked the ride height on the car and it was lower than I originally set it. On further investigation I found I was missing the front 2 screws and spacers that space the suspension mounting plate from the chassis. Then I remembered I was messing with ride height in the last practice and had screws that were too short for those spots and just barely held in the nut...most likely they came off on the track somewhere. Which means the front suspension mount was likely flexing and causing the erratic behavior of the car. D'oh!
shazzzaaammm!!!

i can't wait to come home and race again. the weather here is nutz hot.... and NO A/C... YAAAAAAAHHHH
Old 08-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jumpnjack
shazzzaaammm!!!

i can't wait to come home and race again. the weather here is nutz hot.... and NO A/C... YAAAAAAAHHHH
what kind of hot humid hot? or baking hot? there was a couple days these pass few weeks I really wanted to just strip my clothes and walk out on work lol. So when you coming back?

also, finally got Wes's car finally rebuilt and going to put a really basic easy to drive setup on it. I must admit I was impressed with building/rebuilding the HB geardiffs. Blows away the Spec R's I have been using for about a year. The design of the outdrive seals and the measurement of the 2 halves going together got my attention. Even the new materials in the shocks! really impressive.

Can't wait for the next race! I really want to test out a few things. Burt! I'll be ready for 1/12 gonna try the mag/mag setup. I figure I can run them down before iic.

so as of now to bring up to iic with me
4 sets mag/mag
7 sets mag / pink
2 set dbl pink front

is that enough range to tune to the carpet? Ive seen other people recommending other compounds but I have no clue

See everyone on Sunday!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Champion

That should be plenty...the shop there has tires too so if you feel like you need other compounds to try you can. However the last few years I've gone I've stuck with 1 recommended tire and setup. The track is really green to start with and rubbers in as the week goes on so for some people it is better to pick something and let the track come to them rather than chase setup the whole week. The first year or 2 I chased setup...Now I just stick with a setup and adapt or make only minor changes.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by goots
what kind of hot humid hot? or baking hot? there was a couple days these pass few weeks I really wanted to just strip my clothes and walk out on work lol. So when you coming back?

also, finally got Wes's car finally rebuilt and going to put a really basic easy to drive setup on it. I must admit I was impressed with building/rebuilding the HB geardiffs. Blows away the Spec R's I have been using for about a year. The design of the outdrive seals and the measurement of the 2 halves going together got my attention. Even the new materials in the shocks! really impressive.

Can't wait for the next race! I really want to test out a few things. Burt! I'll be ready for 1/12 gonna try the mag/mag setup. I figure I can run them down before iic.

so as of now to bring up to iic with me
4 sets mag/mag
7 sets mag / pink
2 set dbl pink front

is that enough range to tune to the carpet? Ive seen other people recommending other compounds but I have no clue

See everyone on Sunday!
Both, i am on a lake so the best of both worlds. i a just so happy me dad is finally on the road to recovery. i will be home this coming tuesday @ 2pm. i can't wait i miss the islands so much
Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Well hopefully we'll get some decent weather for tomorrow...this hurricane near by is causing weather issues.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Weather report app on my tablet shows today to just be cloudy...should be a good day!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

RS gen2 black cases are in stock. I have 2 on order for my cars,just letting you guys know. Even though the white has grown on me, I like the stealth look of black.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by goots
RS gen2 black cases are in stock. I have 2 on order for my cars,just letting you guys know. Even though the white has grown on me, I like the stealth look of black.
Sweet....now u got an extra one for your wgt car
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Weather report app on my tablet shows today to just be cloudy...should be a good day!
Thanks burt for another great day...
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

I should make the next 2 races.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AOD
1/12th scale? You missed some really close racing this weekend! Both Goots and I smashed the previous fast lap record. Goots got down to a 12.2 and I was at 12.3
Old 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

1/12th scale? You missed some really close racing this weekend! Both Goots and I smashed the previous fast lap record. Goots got down to a 12.2 and I was at 12.3
Some day......Just letting you and goots have a false sense of security... Looks like we will soon have enough people so we can run multiple classes. Will be running sedan for the next two races....
Old 08-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AOD
same here, i will be home until Vegas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.