Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

I thought you still had 1 day left on those tires...mine are still trued and waiting from the last race.

I'm going to order some tires this weekend...need to get another set of F1 tires too.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I thought you still had 1 day left on those tires...mine are still trued and waiting from the last race.

I'm going to order some tires this weekend...need to get another set of F1 tires too.
I do but they are really in nice condition. Most likely bring that set, up with up with me to Vegas. Ill most likely race 1/12 the next race since I'm putting in a parts order for 1/12 ie. chassis plates, springs, tires etc...

so for now I have
rear: Pink and magenta
front: magenta

any other compounds to bring up with me? I'm thinking a set of dbl pink front and rear also. What you think?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

San Francisco TV station got it TOTALLY wrong

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road-ku-xlarge.jpg
Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jumpnjack
San Francisco TV station got it TOTALLY wrong

Attachment 1089013
Old 07-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by goots
I do but they are really in nice condition. Most likely bring that set, up with up with me to Vegas. Ill most likely race 1/12 the next race since I'm putting in a parts order for 1/12 ie. chassis plates, springs, tires etc...

so for now I have
rear: Pink and magenta
front: magenta

any other compounds to bring up with me? I'm thinking a set of dbl pink front and rear also. What you think?
Magenta/Pink is what I ran last year at the IIC in 13.5. Some 2x pink fronts may be good to have as magenta/pink was a bit on the aggressive side initially. Right after truing the tires are quite aggressive for about the first minute of the race then they calm down so it is a good idea to get a few laps in on them in the morning practices so they run consistent through the whole race. If you are going to run 17.5 you'll need a less aggressive tire setup. The popular fronts are black and lilac. Black is a little more aggressive than lilac. For the rears there are 4 variations of the same tire...yellow (Jaco) or grey (CRC) are essentially the same compound. Their alternates would be orange(Jaco) or grey-low(CRC) which are the same as yellow and grey but with a band of a harder foam on the outside edge to help keep them from peeling off the rims. The softer compounds have a tendency to separate from the rim at the outside edge.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Would gluing the outer edge help the foam from separating from the wheel?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoyU
Would gluing the outer edge help the foam from separating from the wheel?
Gluing the edges is pretty much a given on carpet. If you don't plan on doing many traction rolls.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Ok gang, looks like we are gonna meet at 8at Denny's kunia. And then to the track.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Well just finished up 2 WGT cars for tomorrow...1 more to go.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
Gluing the edges is pretty much a given on carpet. If you don't plan on doing many traction rolls.
Thanks Bob, never thought about traction rolling. Not good
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU
Thanks Bob, never thought about traction rolling. Not good
im assuming the sidewall not the contact patch right? is there a special glue, or ca would be fine. I was thinking also, wouldn't rounding the edges of the tire steeper lessen traction roll? lol hard to believe 1/12 would since its soo low to the ground.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Yes you want to round the edges even with CA on the sidewalls. On carpet the sidewall flex can dig in and cause even a 1/12th to traction roll but more likely the WGT since the minimum ride height is higher on WGT and the CG is also higher do to the taller bodies. Lately 1/12th drivers have been using CA less but I think that is largely because they are cutting the tires down even further.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Great fun out there today guys! So good to see new racers and new classes out there. WGT was a blast with some really close racing. That series is going to be a close one! Gettin close to Goot's fast lap time in 1/12th too...got down to a 12.55 in the main

Thanks to the regulars for being so patient...between me running 2 classes and trying to help out with the new class and the new drivers things ran a tad later than scheduled. But not by much Thanks to everyone who helped out with the setup and take down today! Wes for vaccuuming the whole track and Danny for both setting up and taking down the computer and lap counting equipment, and Bob and Danny for stepping in and running a few heats for me while I was racing or wrenching. All that help made things much easier for me to keep things running smoothly all day.

Results are posted!
http://www.hawaiitalks.net/race-worl...er-series.html
Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

For anyone else interested in WGT the general rules are:

1s LiPo
13.5 motor
Blinky ESC
WGT Spec tires: Jaco WGT Spec Lilac tire, BSR/CRC WGT Spec Lilac tire
WGT Body: 200mm body, front engine, rear wheel drive, GT class body. The ROAR rules only list the DB9, Sophia, and the Giana, as legal bodies but in the past the Corvette has been allowed. Others may be allowed if they fit the rules description. Please contact me if you want to run something other than what is listed so I can verify it before you spend money on it.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks IG and everyone at race world hawaii its always a pleasure racing with u guys...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.