Search
Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well it looks like I won't be making this weekends race.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AOD
Finally stopped being stupid! They don't change the 12th scale every year so that's a plus. Anyway good to hear from you and still waiting for the X1 as RC America dropped the ball again.
I really like the front end of the X1. The upper arms sit higher up in the body and looks more scale. I just wish the back would allow Tamiya bodies to fit better.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Is the 17.5 touring still using spec tires or can you use Sorex tires?
Old 01-08-2015, 11:35 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turtlehill
Yes sir, let Danny know if you need a set.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

yeah, it was decided @ the the pizza race that the tc guys wanted to stay with the spec premounts
Old 01-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

The tires I have are still good. Should last another season.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I forgot today was race day Was working on the VTA, putting it back together, sort of. I won't be racing till Feburary after the knee surgery, just arthrapedic(orthropedic?) surgery, in and out, I hope.

So, see ya guys racing next month

BTW, does VTA have maximum width f/r?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Had a good time racing today, thanks guys. See you next race, hopefully with a faster car
Old 01-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Good seeing you out there Tim. It was fun.

Roy, I think it's arthroscopic. I had my left knee cleaned out a while ago and I think that's was the doc said. Anyway he showed me pix of inside my knee. Stuff I really didn't want to see. Good luck with the surgery.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Its nice to see new faces coming out to the track. It was a good day, and a great way to start the season. I had a great time testing out my xray t4'15, and got my TC3 VTA car handling issues sorta sorted out, but its really starting to show its age. See you guys in 2 weeks.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quark
Its nice to see new faces coming out to the track. It was a good day, and a great way to start the season. I had a great time testing out my xray t4'15, and got my TC3 VTA car handling issues sorta sorted out, but its really starting to show its age. See you guys in 2 weeks.
Car looked good Will, got better every run. I'm going to try and get both my xrays ready by 1st race in February since I won't be able to attend the next race.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good seeing you out there Tim. It was fun.

Roy, I think it's arthroscopic. I had my left knee cleaned out a while ago and I think that's was the doc said. Anyway he showed me pix of inside my knee. Stuff I really didn't want to see. Good luck with the surgery.
Yeah, arthroscopic.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AOD
Car looked good Will, got better every run. I'm going to try and get both my xrays ready by 1st race in February since I won't be able to attend the next race.

Thanks for the gearing tip. Made a difference, and I might be able to squeeze more out of this motor. I looked further at the tekin data, and even though I got about 1-2k RPM more out of the higher FDR, the lower FDR gave more speed overall.

I'm exited to see someone else run this car too. I personally really like it so far, out of the box, I think its very easy to drive, and well balanced. I specially like the way the steering feels, I can make micro adjustment mid turn and it does it, something I couldn't really do when I tried Mr. M's awesomatix. Although, the Awesomatix feels way different on the track, and it feels like it has endless grip mid corner.

Driving my TC3 VTA, now feels like shit.....steering wise, pretty sure it has like 2-3 degrees of steering slop, just from that damn slider rack.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Quark
Thanks for the gearing tip. Made a difference, and I might be able to squeeze more out of this motor. I looked further at the tekin data, and even though I got about 1-2k RPM more out of the higher FDR, the lower FDR gave more speed overall.

I'm exited to see someone else run this car too. I personally really like it so far, out of the box, I think its very easy to drive, and well balanced. I specially like the way the steering feels, I can make micro adjustment mid turn and it does it, something I couldn't really do when I tried Mr. M's awesomatix. Although, the Awesomatix feels way different on the track, and it feels like it has endless grip mid corner.

Driving my TC3 VTA, now feels like shit.....steering wise, pretty sure it has like 2-3 degrees of steering slop, just from that damn slider rack.
Will, i already told you Last night..... XRay for VTA.......
Old 01-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Seems like you guys had fun
I'll try make it out to the next race, but the kitchen modeling is taking a toll on me. Not too sure how this will plan out...

btw, anyone know of a good place to consult for kitchen remodeling?

Last edited by inpuressa; 01-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.