Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jd2under
I'll try to come out this weekend finally got all the parts in for the car now that I know what it is thanks for the help inspector gadget hope the weather is nice on Saturday
good to see you out there today. I'm sure you're daughter had a blast. For advice if she wants to come out and play I suggest a modern budget car like the spec r or 3 racing cars which are all under $125, you can use you're current electronics with them.
And since you have all of our support you have plenty help around the track.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
He made it out. Couple of us talked with him for a few minutes. I thought BC got rid of the fee just to watch? All it does is scare away everyone. For realz....
honestly speaking, I know several "would be racers" got turned off by this as well and stayed away from RWH. We should have a guesting system where regulars can bring in a spectator for free.

btw, will this sunday be a prep practice day? I can't make the next race so wondering...

Last edited by inpuressa; 08-11-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default VTA

Originally Posted by RoyU
Well, it turned out to be a beautiful and hot day for racing. Really wanted to race VTA but I had a long, last week. First my wife went to emergency Monday afternoon, passed out and mild concussion and sinus infection. Then, worries about the 2 hurricanes, if I had enough water and supplies, if my generator would start. Had to work on Fri, hurricane Issele day. Worring about my mom and her cat all by herself. But all in all everything worked out OK. Had to take care of things today, huricane delays.

Anyway, did Joe and Winston show up to race?

And you VTA guys, what ride height seems to be the norm at RWH and how much droop you guys run front and rear or does it differ from car to car? I have a ride height of about 8mm front and rear, +3mm droop rear and +3.5 front(thats the lowest I can get it unless I shim up the arm mounts). I have 1* front toe out, 3* rear toe in(seems like lot). Spec R does not give base settings.

See you guys racing next one!
Roy,
I hope your wife and mom are OK. Gotta take care of family first.

I've been running just over 7mm front and 6.5mm rear ride height, only because the front won't go any lower with my current springs. I tried softer springs to bring down the height, but the handling went away. I have shorter springs coming in and hope to try them on Sunday. I want to get the ride height to abut 6.5mm front and 6mm rear.
I'm running about 2-2.5mm droop front and rear.
The toe in/out sounds about right. My stock rear toe in is 2.5*. I run 1* toe out on the front.
Front camber is -1* front and -2* rear on my car. You can probably get away with less rear camber, but this is working for me so I'll stick to it.
Too bad you couldn't make it yesterday. It was a perfect day for racing. Everybody is going faster in VTA.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Well, it turned out to be a beautiful and hot day for racing. Really wanted to race VTA but I had a long, last week. First my wife went to emergency Monday afternoon, passed out and mild concussion and sinus infection. Then, worries about the 2 hurricanes, if I had enough water and supplies, if my generator would start. Had to work on Fri, hurricane Issele day. Worring about my mom and her cat all by herself. But all in all everything worked out OK. Had to take care of things today, huricane delays.

Anyway, did Joe and Winston show up to race?

And you VTA guys, what ride height seems to be the norm at RWH and how much droop you guys run front and rear or does it differ from car to car? I have a ride height of about 8mm front and rear, +3mm droop rear and +3.5 front(thats the lowest I can get it unless I shim up the arm mounts). I have 1* front toe out, 3* rear toe in(seems like lot). Spec R does not give base settings.

See you guys racing next one!
Hey Roy, family first.

I'm not sure what everyone is setup is on VTA, I'm running a tc3 and still sorting out a comfortable setup. For me, my ride height is about 6.5 front 7, back. +4 droop front, +6 back. 1.5 camber all around, 2 degree toe out front, 3 degree toe in back. I try to keep my ride height at the minimum without scratching the chassis. Soft setup I the front, gives me good front grip as long as I don't go close to full steering lock, if I do, the back end flies out. I say just setup to baseline kit setup, and run it, VTA is fun!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Great to see the new(er) drivers come back out this weekend...I hope everyone had a fun time! Thanks everyone for helping out in the morning since I had shower drain issues and was unable to be there on time. Keiji did a good job with the sprayer since grip was good all day.

As for practice...typically on practice days I don't run my cars. I normally just use practice days to work on my cars so I don't have to during the week. So I leave that up to whoever is there in the morning. If they vacuum and want a prepped day then that's what I do. If no one vacuums then I normally don't spray. If you want a prepped practice day I am fine with that...but someone will need to vacuum. Wes does a great job of doing it every race day but I don't expect him to do it on practice days too...heck I don't expect him to do it on race days but he does anyway Anyway that's why sometimes it is prepped and sometimes it isn't.

Roy, hope your family is better!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default can can

do u guys practice/ race dis wkend??? wanna come check em out??? i heard gotta pay just to watch???
Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pete1333
do u guys practice/ race dis wkend??? wanna come check em out??? i heard gotta pay just to watch???
There supposedly is practice but I wont make it. VTA is taking off atm since its very beginner friendly. For the hardcore, there is some pretty crazy things happening in the 17.5 class.

I don't know what's going on with the pay to watch. I remember BC saying you are allowed to bring in the racing individuals family or friends. I know Michelle gets in with me. We need to utilize the new grand spectator tent so families and kids can watch and gain interest.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

out of curiosity what motors do the VTA guys run? everyone has the same motors?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Tech Regular

out of curiosity what motors do the VTA guys run? everyone has the same motors?
yes same motors, novak 25.5. rules are at www.usvintagetransam.com
Old 08-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob
yes same motors, novak 25.5. rules are at www.usvintagetransam.com
its mechanic time
Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

its mechanic time
my sandbag senses are tingling
Old 08-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inpuressa
my sandbag senses are tingling
Nope. Just wanna use wesley's car for test setup. I figure I can test things faster with my car and his
Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good to see you out there today. I'm sure you're daughter had a blast. For advice if she wants to come out and play I suggest a modern budget car like the spec r or 3 racing cars which are all under $125, you can use you're current electronics with them.
And since you have all of our support you have plenty help around the track.
Thanks for all the help guys my daughter really enjoyed herself I think I got all the bugs worked out. I think that last carts would have broken something on a newer car too! Still less than I broke my first time to the track with my dad I bent both rear axels on successive hearts then broke a front and rear a arm the next time around the track. Fun memories I should have it all worked out next time we come out. Thanks again for all your help
Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First of all, thanks guys for all your concerns. Mom and cat OK. Wife still sick, gets a little dizzy when she bends over, getting better. She doesn't go back to work till after Labor Day per doctor's orders.

I guess I should've put the car on the setup fixtures before I took it apart to know what the settings were. I'm trying to find all the info on car setups I had when I was racing gas TC. The basic stuff still applies. Never thought I would be racing TC again.

So Goots, VTA??!!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

First of all, thanks guys for all your concerns. Mom and cat OK. Wife still sick, gets a little dizzy when she bends over, getting better. She doesn't go back to work till after Labor Day per doctor's orders.

I guess I should've put the car on the setup fixtures before I took it apart to know what the settings were. I'm trying to find all the info on car setups I had when I was racing gas TC. The basic stuff still applies. Never thought I would be racing TC again.

So Goots, VTA??!!
good to hear your folks are doing fine.

btw, it's kinda old but one of the best setup guides around. Explains all the terminology too.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=6143

Last edited by inpuressa; 08-13-2014 at 01:37 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.