LOGANVILLE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 21 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOGANVILLE TOYS FOR TOTS DEC 21 2013

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Please mark your calendars for Sat., Dec. 7th for the 5th Annual Toys for Tots Race! We had a great turnout last year and were able to help many less fortunate families with the toys and money donated. All proceeds go to families in the Loganville community. The toys go to a local church that holds a "Free Shopping Day" once a year where families can "shop" for Christmas gifts. The money donated by Charles & Joe Young, and the many sponsors of the raffles goes to Shepherd's Staff ministries that provides food baskets to families in need. Last year I was fortunate enough to be part of the TFT Race, help with the "Free Shopping Day", and see many people receive their food baskets. It was such a blessing for me to see the faces of the many families that benefited from your generosity. It truly is better to give than receive! So come on out with your toys, plan on having a fun day of racing and be blessed!
Sherry Brand
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also, huge thanks to all the sponsors for donating merchandise to raffle off as well as to give away. Jeff at 4C Hobby Supplies has come on board and donated stuff as well as Brent at Bones Motorsports who has donated some awesome fuel to give away. Thanks again to all the sponsors for this event that truely make this race what it is for the racers.

Shay
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jonathan Maxey and Alpha Plus engine's are proud to announce they are donating a new in box Alpha Plus A-830 Dragon engine to be raffled, with 100% of the proceeds going to Toys for Tots. It is the same as the engine he has been using in his buggy pretty much all year. Buy those raffle tickets! Let's give less fortunate children a good Christmas!!
Here is a link for info. on the engine.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Old 11-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? Kyosho

Should b nice for the kids. I have a Family that's n need!!can't wait to brighting their eyes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lets just make sure the air is clear here. All toys go to local church for them to give out.
Just want to make sure everyone under stands.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So when does racing usually end if you start at 11? I was planning on racing but I just had something come up that I have to do that evening. If racing ends early enough I should be able to do both.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgerber
So when does racing usually end if you start at 11? I was planning on racing but I just had something come up that I have to do that evening. If racing ends early enough I should be able to do both.
There should be a really good turnout for this race. I think there were over 100 entries last year. Should be a great 2wd buggy turnout too. We will run a very efficient program and try to get everyone out as early as possible.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Like gene said, the turn out should be pretty big, i think there was 124 entries last year. only issue is that the fall brawl at myrtle beach is the same weekend. anyways, loganville has a 10pm curfew so it has to be done before then
Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

10 would be great but I have to be out of there no later than 7 before 7 would be awesome.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

10 would be great but I have to be out of there no later than 7 before 7 would be awesome.
I think that's doable if we run 2wd buggy first. Just come and enjoy as much of the day as you can. I think we will have a very efficient program.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Charles / Joe / Gene run a great show, so bring a toy for the kids and join the fun. Race with confidence that they will do what they can to have us out the best they can.

Fingers crossed for good enough weather to race. Already got my toys! See ya Saturday!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Possible Date Change

Here is we stand with the weather, it is Georgia so I think it is to early to make a call. We will make the Final decision Thursday by Noon. Would like to keep the date of the 7th as planed if at all possible. Reschedule date will be the 14th If we don’t get to race this weekend.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With the rain we have had already this week and the forecasted rain for the rest of the week and weekend we are going to go ahead and reschedule the TFT race to Dec. 14. Spread the word and pray for dryer weather.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A huge thank you to Lance Heidmann over at TritonRC & RCRenew for stepping up and sending a Alpha Dragon/A830 Engine to be raffled off and 100% of the proceeds going to the Toys for Tots. So now you have TWO chances to win one of these great Alpha engines!

I will be unable to race on the 14th due to college graduation but I will bring the engines out saturday morning! Buy them raffle tickets and lets make some kids have a christmas they wont forget.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If the weather screws up this weekend as well, maybe we could just meet to give the toys and I'd be fine going ahead and paying my entry fee so the Youngs can get the goodies to the church in time. And race later when the weather is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.