Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmenard
Or a Serpent
Originally Posted by orcadigital
+1
Nah, It is a nice car (the serpent) but I have already narrowed it down to those 2. The Durango is the front runner(love the layout of the electronics) but the Mugen part support is just much better locally.

We will see. I will be ordering something in a week or 2.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
Yeah, the hardest choice is whether to get a Mugen or a Durango
Mugen has better parts support, but I like the way the electronics are laid out in the durango and the ease of removing electronics for cleaning in the durango. Pro's and Con's to both. I will be running a D8 when I can afford (and get my hands on) some electronics.. purely because I have one laying around that nobody wants to buy

Last edited by LMRacing; 03-26-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Someday I will fix all my typo's before I press the save button 3 times
Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Nah, It is a nice car (the serpent) but I have already narrowed it down to those 2. The Durango is the front runner(love the layout of the electronics) but the Mugen part support is just much better locally.

We will see. I will be ordering something in a week or 2.
Originally Posted by LMRacing
Mugen has better parts support, but I like the way the electronics are laid out in the durango and the ease of removing electronics for cleaning in the durango. Pro's and Con's to both. I will be running a D8 when I can afford (and get my hands on) some electronics.. purely because I have one laying around that nobody wants to buy
I point you to my +1 above...

The Durango is pretty nice though. Build quality is there (unlike some of their 10th scale stuff) but in my research, it seems you have to make a lot more modifications out of the box to get it to handle right. Not necessarily buying upgrades but the roll center mod and stuff like that. I do see more DEX408's locally though, so at least you have some help there with setups and the like (compared to Serpent anyway) The Mugen is supposed to be amazing out of the box, but I agree, not sold on the layout in comparison.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 RC Masters Electric Championship - HCRCR-s811.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Durango is pretty nice though. Build quality is there (unlike some of their 10th scale stuff) but in my research, it seems you have to make a lot more modifications out of the box to get it to handle right. Not necessarily buying upgrades but the roll center mod and stuff like that. I do see more DEX408's locally though, so at least you have some help there with setups and the like (compared to Serpent anyway) The Mugen is supposed to be amazing out of the box, but I agree, not sold on the layout in comparison.
Agreed!! I have YET to break or damage anything on my Serpent.. and I've been running it now for almost a year!

Love it!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

The 10th scale 4wd is going up for sale shortly.
Why don't you hold onto it for other 4wd races, as there WILL be more in the area this year...

What are you gonna make? A couple hundred bucks on it, just to spend on something else you're going to sell in a few months time? Richard, you're like the master of musical chairs for RC...
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Why don't you hold onto it for other 4wd races, as there WILL be more in the area this year...

What are you gonna make? A couple hundred bucks on it, just to spend on something else you're going to sell in a few months time? Richard, you're like the master of musical chairs for RC...
I wouldn't say that. I just sell off what I don't want to race or what I am replacing with new equipment.

I only want 2 cars on the shelf. If I am only going to have 2 cars, I might as well have 2 cars I can race whenever I feel like it and not just at large events.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tekno EB48
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Tekno EB48
Sure, if you want to drive around a Capital "I" for a buggy... Go right ahead!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
Agreed!! I have YET to break or damage anything on my Serpent.. and I've been running it now for almost a year!

Love it!
Hard to break something when all it does is set on a shelf

I have been running e-buggy for awhile now again and have yet to see that Serpent of yours on the track
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness

I have been running e-buggy for awhile now again and have yet to see that Serpent of yours on the track
Boooooooya!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness

Jew kidding me? Haha okay okay, last I ran it was before Thanksgiving :/ lol been focusing on 2wd buggy
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

he let me drive his serpent and its still in one piece. thats gotta say something
Old 03-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

those serpents make me drool. i'd love to get one
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youwish16
those serpents make me drool. i'd love to get one
best ebuggy I have driven to date
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What mods need to be made to the DEX408? I have been racing mine for 5 months now with the only mod made is to use Losi bladders, other than that it's box stock. Lutz just ran a box stock DEX at PNB. So can you please expalin the mods needed?

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited by SUPERLOOPER; 03-27-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.