Wiki Posts
Search

TC race at Hot Shot

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default TC race at Hot Shot

Have been talking with several guys over the past couple weeks and we are looking to starting running some TC once again. It looks like a good weekend to start this would be March 3rd. This is the Saturday after our last Wednesday night series race so allows some of the guys with a single TC chassis to convert and give TC a try without sacrificing there VTA setup in the middle of a series.

Looks like some differences of opinion between mod, 17.5 blinky and 17.5 boost. So lets discuss it but with those I have discussed with so far it seems the easiest is to make it 17.5 open. This means you run a 17.5 motor and the rest is up to you to decide what you want from there.

Anyone picking up orders from Melvin the next couple weeks work on getting Melvin to come out.

I will work on Fernando.

Dane work on Brian and I am sure Fernando will also work on Brian if he is able to make it.

Anyone else able to work on getting Danny to show?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After the race on Saturday in TC, I am open for any class we decide to go to. I was running a 17.5 boosted and it was very controllable on the track. I hope others will join in and once again have large TC turnouts like we used to have.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Should be back in town by then.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

FYI March 3 is the one lug race is Alabama. Don't know how many tc guys are planning to go but I wanted to make you aware of it so dates don't conflict.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 6376vette
FYI March 3 is the one lug race is Alabama. Don't know how many tc guys are planning to go but I wanted to make you aware of it so dates don't conflict.
Thanks Scott. Are we really looking at loosing anyone other than Danny Sawyer? The reason for this weekend is I heard this was the weekend for Brian to come into town which will normally bring Fernando so we loose one but get two????
Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Thanks Scott. Are we really looking at loosing anyone other than Danny Sawyer? The reason for this weekend is I heard this was the weekend for Brian to come into town which will normally bring Fernando so we loose one but get two????
Oh no. I didn't know if the tc guys were going to AL. I wasn't saying it was a bad choice of day just wanted to point out that there is a race that day. If the tc guys aren't going to AL then hopefully they will all run hs and you guys will have a big class.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where can one find specs for TC????
Old 02-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ridepate
Where can one find specs for TC????
Any 4wd TC Chassis
Any speed control. Take your pick to run blinky or boost its an open class
2s Lipo
any 17.5 motor
If up to Joe you must run spec Sweep tire he carries at the shop. These are a little sticky for me and I think everyone else revolted so its any TC tire. But may want to verify with Joe before buying something else.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Xpress; 02-14-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xpress
Flattered, but I'm not sure you can count on my sticking around to actually race. I have a long drive and usually duck out @ the time you guys are running the second round.
I give up . Guess I am going to One Lug
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
I give up . Guess I am going to One Lug
Have fun.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

there should still be enough folks to run tc specially after the vta series. give the vta guys a breather to test skills on a faster class.

I said give it a go.

the fast guys will show up when they want to show up. thats how it always is. we got chad, dane, danny, daniel, eric, myself, joe, chris, grant, allan and the host of other vta drivers that would like to give it a go like.

The beauty by making it open we can all run the same vta speedo. the track is setup in such a way that the boosting is really not an advantage unless you have the skills to use it. and judging from last sat night those guys are better off not boosting. btw before you go taking offense that includes me... Brian school me once with better lap times with his 17.5 blinky and me on mod...

build the class and folks will show.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcko
there should still be enough folks to run tc specially after the vta series. give the vta guys a breather to test skills on a faster class.

I said give it a go.

the fast guys will show up when they want to show up. thats how it always is. we got chad, dane, danny, daniel, eric, myself, joe, chris, grant, allan and the host of other vta drivers that would like to give it a go like.

The beauty by making it open we can all run the same vta speedo. the track is setup in such a way that the boosting is really not an advantage unless you have the skills to use it. and judging from last sat night those guys are better off not boosting. btw before you go taking offense that includes me... Brian school me once with better lap times with his 17.5 blinky and me on mod...

build the class and folks will show.
im def. down... got a new car on the way for tc also, what time will these races start?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

My buddy and I are just getting into on road and were going to order some rc kits. Didn't know what motor was popular here, is the 17.5 class popular or going to be what most run. This sounds like a cool package!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TDI793
My buddy and I are just getting into on road and were going to order some rc kits. Didn't know what motor was popular here, is the 17.5 class popular or going to be what most run. This sounds like a cool package!
Yes, 17.5. Many people have ran modified motors and had fun but I think 17.5 is going to be the winner due to its practicality on the Hot Shots track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.