Wiki Posts
Search

F1 at hotshots

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
And I will keep on happening because it is a very cool class to race. Don't be timid Mike, just do the 3 up's. Showup, signup, lineup!

Where else could you spend such a small amount of money to hit the walls at those speeds.
Why dont you come down next weekend?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks KIK for letting me pilot your F1, it was surprizingly fun to drive!
I have one of those cars on my wishlist, just don';t enough about them to pick a chassis. The chassis does work on the track so I will be getting one & setting up & seeing just how fast I can get it around the track. Brushless all the way!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Thanks KIK for letting me pilot your F1, it was surprizingly fun to drive!
I have one of those cars on my wishlist, just don';t enough about them to pick a chassis. The chassis does work on the track so I will be getting one & setting up & seeing just how fast I can get it around the track. Brushless all the way!
I got the HPI F10 just because I liked the color of the aluminum better (and I liked the idea of the gear diff) The Tamiya F104 or the 3racing F109 are definately the way to go though

Oh and the bodies for the F10 suck to cut out
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is setting up the suspension in a tamiya F104 as involved as the set up for a regular TC? or is it an assemble and race type deal?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Assemble and race. I dont think you can even adjust tweak on them.

Pan cars are Much easier to tune suspension wise than a touring car, mostly because there just isn't much you can do to them. Some cars let you adjust tweek (so that both sides of the car are sprung eavenly) which is as simple as adjusting two set screws so that when you place a penny on each rear tire and start to lift the car both pennys fall at the same time. I know my HPI doesn't let you adjust it and I'm unsure if you can or not in the tamiya car
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Suspended

i'm almost tempted to sell my VTA in order to get an F1 car. But, as soon as I do that, F1 will die and there i'll be, standing alone, in the corner, while all the other kids point and laugh at me.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aardvark
i'm almost tempted to sell my VTA in order to get an F1 car. But, as soon as I do that, F1 will die and there i'll be, standing alone, in the corner, while all the other kids point and laugh at me.
I have that problem everytime I speak in public.

In other news onelugIn Albertville is having a 6 race series every 3rd Sunday starting on the 20th. TC,Mini, F1, bsr 1/18 and pancar oval, and as many VTA's that want to race. Indoor season is here! They have ambrc w/handouts and plenty of food places nearby. It looks like I may have employment coming soon thank goodness. That means I can be in everybodys way again.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Assemble and race. I dont think you can even adjust tweak on them.

Pan cars are Much easier to tune suspension wise than a touring car, mostly because there just isn't much you can do to them. Some cars let you adjust tweek (so that both sides of the car are sprung eavenly) which is as simple as adjusting two set screws so that when you place a penny on each rear tire and start to lift the car both pennys fall at the same time. I know my HPI doesn't let you adjust it and I'm unsure if you can or not in the tamiya car
The 104 has plenty of tuning options front and rear. Don't worry about the HPI with the gear diff on carpet. It will pull like crazy out there. I was told that the bridgstone tires work great with them. I have a set if you want to try them.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Why dont you come down next weekend?
If I can make it i will even if it means just to watch.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Oh and the bodies for the F10 suck to cut out

That much is true. When I got mine I tossed the body in the not to be used box. But, HPI does have much better bodies for it now. When I got it Marty at MLP asked me to send it to him since he had not seen one. It did not take long for him to call me back cussing about the car and what a pile it was. Then he put the options on it and liked it better. But he did not like the chassis. He put a viper chassis on it and sent it to Andy. It never made it to him because of his health. I have not heard from him since. He may be gone now.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

If I can make it i will even if it means just to watch.
Scratch that, I have to be at a funeral saturday.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Take your 21.5 f109 and come down. Im 10 minutes from there. lets get something going on a saturday.
I am actually going to start the build on the F109 tonight. If you can keep the flame going I will make it out soon to give it a try.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Once again the winter series will start on the 20th at onelug in Albertville on the 20th and will be on the 3rd sunday of each month for 6 races. Get those TC's,minis, karts, F1's and vta's ready to rock. For the speed freaks out there pancar oval wil also be running on the carpet. You can bet Cooper will be looking for a challenge.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Hopefully Hotshots will figure out a way to incorporate an oval into the on-road layout, kinda like how they do it at daytona.....that would be awesome.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Once again the winter series will start on the 20th at onelug in Albertville on the 20th and will be on the 3rd sunday of each month for 6 races. Get those TC's,minis, karts, F1's and vta's ready to rock. For the speed freaks out there pancar oval wil also be running on the carpet. You can bet Cooper will be looking for a challenge.
Your right George, I just finished painting a body for my oval car!!! Now to set the speed control then off to the chassis dyno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.