Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Racing in Easley SC - Saturday Oct 22 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robby368
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to come up and race the offroad track but can't make that trip on a fri. Now that it's gonna be on Sat after oct I'll be able to come up and play
I'm really looking forward to it myself. I only started racing in Easley SC in April this year, and it's been on Friday nights for off-road.
It'll be cool to be able to run off-road and on-road the same day. Short course, then USVTA
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Results from Oct 8 are now posted
http://carolinarc.com/Oval-TC/Tourin...tage/index.htm
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Batfish
It's definitely a difficult thing to get a new class going at a track, and it seems even more so with touring cars over the past few years. I am more and more of the opinion that USVTA can bring cars back to the road course tracks.
When we started VTA in Knoxville this past spring, it seemed like everybody was considering building or in the process of building and VTA car. Still every week I would only have 3 or 4. I just kept plugging away and promoting the class and encouraging everyone to get in. All of a sudden, 13 showed up one Thursday night.
Now with the new track layout we built, the VTA still grows and now the USGT is making a comeback.
Keep plugging away!

Great job!

John
Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JS-toe
When we started VTA in Knoxville this past spring, it seemed like everybody was considering building or in the process of building and VTA car. Still every week I would only have 3 or 4. I just kept plugging away and promoting the class and encouraging everyone to get in. All of a sudden, 13 showed up one Thursday night.
Now with the new track layout we built, the VTA still grows and now the USGT is making a comeback.
Keep plugging away!

Great job!

John
Thanks for the encouragement and information, John!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Alright, folks - I'm making it officially official

Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

It's just over a week away - October 22 2011 is coming up quick! Come on out for the USVTA Kickoff Race!

There is no additional cost for this race, and it doesn't change the race program for the day; oval racing will continue as normal in addition to the USVTA racing.
It's just a "normal" race day, with a push to keep growing the USVTA class!

So what's different?
- We have a few things to give away, including promotional items from Novak and a couple items from the shop that David has graciously donated. We'll be putting the names of each racer that signs up for USVTA in a raffle bucket, then we'll draw names either right before or right after the USVTA A-Main.
- We will be tech-ing ALL cars before each qualifier and before the main. Part of the importance in this class is strictly adhering to the rules, and we plan to do just that. Rules can always be found at http://www.usvintagetransam.com - click on the "Rules" link.
- Awards for 1-3 in the A-Main and TQ!!!!

We're looking forward to loading the track with US Vintage Trans Am cars! Come join us!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

"Jerry Henderson" is the spelling if you want to go ahead and put it on my Trophy, it looks like you have anticed the Georgia crew to come back and run this event. We were very pleased with the staff and the venue when we were there last week that we are wanting to help build this location as a regular USVTA destionation for club races and maybe even National level events.
In an effort to help Joe prepare for the event now would be a good time to start a roll call for this race.

1)Scott Fuhrmeister-Sakura Zero S
2)Chris Fuhrmeister-Tamiya TT01
3)Jerry Henderson-Sakura Zero S

Joe if you need any assistance with the Tech line let me know and I should be able to help. Also can you clarify the tire rule for this location in relationship to the tread.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jemavk
"Jerry Henderson" is the spelling if you want to go ahead and put it on my Trophy, ...
Joe if you need any assistance with the Tech line let me know and I should be able to help. Also can you clarify the tire rule for this location in relationship to the tread.
Um...I thought I said there were only awards for 1-3 in the A and for TQ.

Help with tech may be in order if we get a crowd. My initial expectation is 10-15 cars, which shouldn't be too big of a deal. With more, I'll definitely invite the help!

It'll be a pleasure to have you guys back at the track here in Easley SC. The Carolina R/C Complex is becoming the home for USVTA racing in South Carolina!

I'll post up what I have created for tech procedure, so that should help with preparation.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Carolina R/C Complex
USVTA Tech Procedure:

1. *25.5 Novak motor (SS Pro or Ballistic)
Motor must be clearly labeled "25.5" with the USVTA light-blue ring.
Ballistic motor timing must not be advanced beyond the last line of the timing range sticker.

2. *Approved ESC
Novak -
EDGE 2S Brushless ESC (1850, 1851)
Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC (#718)
GTB 2 Sportsman Racing Brushless ESC (1708, 1709)
GTB series (1710, 1711)
Havoc series (1732, 1733, 1735)
Slyder (1712)
XBR (1720)
LRP
A.I. Brushless Reverse (LRP80100, LRP80150)
Speed Passion
Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC (12280)

3. *2s ROAR-approved LiPo, 5000mah or less
Look for ROAR Approved sticker

4. *1550g or more weight
weight is checked in race-ready trim (body, driver figure, body clips, etc…)

5. *Ride height 5mm or more
5mm bar under chassis, move from front wheels to back - bar should not rub chassis enough to make the car roll

6. *HPI Vintage Tires (4793, 4797)
HPI Vintage Wheels
Vintage wheels are spoked or otherwise non-dish.
Vintage tires have a sidewall that is noticeably taller than standard TC tires. Tires have "HPI Racing" molded into the sidewall. Tires may or may not have tread. Tires that have rubber separating and showing the foam insert should be replaced, but are not grounds for disqualification.

7. *Vintage Body with numbers on doors, hood, trunk.
A car may be allowed to race 1 or two weeks with no numbers.

8. *Driver Figure
A car may be allowed to race 1 or two weeks with no driver figure.

9. *4wd Touring Car chassis
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Thanks for the rule clarifacation on the tires, The USVTA only states no cut tires and alot of tracks interpret that differently. What time is the track going to open for practice and do they have the tires and wheels in stock as I may need to pick up an extra set for the following week.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the rule clarifacation on the tires, The USVTA only states no cut tires and alot of tracks interpret that differently. What time is the track going to open for practice and do they have the tires and wheels in stock as I may need to pick up an extra set for the following week.
I have gotten confirmation that the shop has black and chrome wheels, and several sets of tires. I will ask them to hold a set, if you want.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you dont mind ill take a set of black wheels and tires.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

I don't mind at all.
I've sent word to the shop to hold a set of fronts and rears; black wheels and tires. I've given them your name to put them under.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

I stopped by the shop yesterday and confirmed they have the wheels and tires held for you.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Just a few more days left before the USVTA Kickoff Race here at CRCC!

This will be our biggest local turnout for USVTA, and having visitors will just make it that much better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.