*** HotShot's Wicked Wednesday Fall Series Championship ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Im ready to cut some rug the as usual.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im in atl. for work and checked out their website and it says they have rentals, do they have anything that I would be able to race and be competitive? Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

IT'S WEDNESDAY!!!!!! I'll be there pretty early today just to get some much needed practice. I'm done licking my wounds that Allen gave me last week. must get too 9 second range just make podium finish today........

Who's running 1/12 tonight? I know VTA is covered because they are getting bigger every week. But I would love to see the 1/12 class grow. I know you guys are out their so come on in and cut some rug.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes it's finally Wednesday. I will only be running VTA this series in prep for Snowbirds
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Yes it's finally Wednesday. I will only be running VTA this series in prep for Snowbirds
you going..VTA stlye?...
Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
you going..VTA stlye?...
Does appear to be the case.

I'm still not a big fan but it is the biggest class and does provide the most experience for driving with traffic. Which is something I need a lot of experience with as noted by your race. I had a car and the skills to be in the A but each race I constantly had issues with traffic. One qualifier I even decided to not drive respectful and because I don't even have those skills it did not work either.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

I had, and sometimes still have that issue....The 1st time I went to the Scale Nats in Chi, Melvin and Dirla both worked with me on the same things...the biggest thing I learned was PATIENTS....I had to learn to wait and let them make a mistake or go wide, and sneak by....

It helps to just wait and see what the "slower" guys do...also learn the number of the car thats holding you up, and call them out on a corner and LET them know you are going on the inside on the next corner...dont ask for it...tell them you are going inside next corner...it normally works....try it

and if that doesnt work...2 corner rule works...or is it 2 laps...I forget..lol

good luck
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

...the biggest thing I learned was PATIENTS....
I didn't know you were a doctor. Man, I really need to have some patience and just listen. /8)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by waltuo
I didn't know you were a doctor. Man, I really need to have some patience and just listen. /8)
yeah you didnt know...I doctor on all the ppl that end up in jail...that didnt want to go...lol
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustWill75
IT'S WEDNESDAY!!!!!! I'll be there pretty early today just to get some much needed practice. I'm done licking my wounds that Allen gave me last week. must get too 9 second range just make podium finish today........

Who's running 1/12 tonight? I know VTA is covered because they are getting bigger every week. But I would love to see the 1/12 class grow. I know you guys are out their so come on in and cut some rug.
THANK GOD ! I need to race !
Old 10-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Does appear to be the case.

I'm still not a big fan but it is the biggest class and does provide the most experience for driving with traffic. Which is something I need a lot of experience with as noted by your race. I had a car and the skills to be in the A but each race I constantly had issues with traffic. One qualifier I even decided to not drive respectful and because I don't even have those skills it did not work either.
I suck in traffic too.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aardvark
I suck in traffic too.
Careful! You can get arrested for that.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Waiting for the right moment is the key to passing. if you force it you usually end up wrecking yourself. its hard to do but learn to wait. also, practice with the people you're racing with if possible and watch them practice on their own. learn their driving style and what part of the track they are having difficulty holding the line. make your passes at their weak spot. just remember, there is absolutely no excuse for pushing someone out of your way. if they are good enough to run a tight line give them the credit they deserve for making it a good race. enjoy the competition of a well run race more than your finishing position in that race. if you have to push someone out of the way it only means you have a faster car, not that you can drive it.

I admire your willingness to work on your passing skills. its hard to admit where our weak spots are and sometimes even harder to improve on our weaknesses. I know I need to work on my passing as well.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 6376vette
... I know I need to work on my passing as well.
You don't have to worry about passing me
Looking forward to having you out our way this Saturday!

Sorry about the thread crash, fellas!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

I had, and sometimes still have that issue....The 1st time I went to the Scale Nats in Chi, Melvin and Dirla both worked with me on the same things...the biggest thing I learned was PATIENTS....I had to learn to wait and let them make a mistake or go wide, and sneak by....

It helps to just wait and see what the "slower" guys do...also learn the number of the car thats holding you up, and call them out on a corner and LET them know you are going on the inside on the next corner...dont ask for it...tell them you are going inside next corner...it normally works....try it

and if that doesnt work...2 corner rule works...or is it 2 laps...I forget..lol

good luck
Just be prepared if they don't move. If its a pass for position, you have just let your opponent know your move. He may make sure he is right where you want to be. Yes you can pressure the guy in front of you to make a mistake, but he can also make you push too hard and make your own mistake. If you are lapping traffic then they should move over. position passes are and should be hard fought and earned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.