Community
Wiki Posts
Search

N. GA Kart thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
EA was just telling me that Thunder has redone their track and it is now new carpet over a deck just like Snowbirds. SUPER SMOOTH!!! I liked the concrete floor with the CRC over it but thats just me. This should provide a good experience for those looking for a Snowbirds warmup race. Be it VTA or 1/12th Touring or whatever.
I seen it but not recently. I'd love to get the karts going there since they'll basically be my new neighbors. Once I get settled in the new house, I'm going to run over and chat with the guys there. Be nice to do indoor at Thunder RC, outdoor st Battlefield and in nashville as well. I just need to get my kart out there and start racing with everyone again. With my move up to Nashville I'll now have free time Tons of it I'm hoping!

Robert
Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

EA was just telling me that Thunder has redone their track and it is now new carpet over a deck just like Snowbirds. SUPER SMOOTH!!! I liked the concrete floor with the CRC over it but thats just me. This should provide a good experience for those looking for a Snowbirds warmup race. Be it VTA or 1/12th Touring or whatever.
Do any of you guys or have any of you raced there? Indoor at Thunder that is?

Robert
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/portal/
Real Kart Racing
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc
Do any of you guys or have any of you raced there? Indoor at Thunder that is?

Robert
About eight weeks ago. Not since it has been redone.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UnknownFive
AWESOME site UnknownFive! Thanks for the link. Tons of info. I've a huge interest in shifter karts as we studied them for years and years. Plus I raced shifter karts myself until I became to tall to race LOL. I just stick to the rc type now

Robert
Old 12-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

About eight weeks ago. Not since it has been redone.

I'm heading up that way next week to do some painting in the new house. I'll see if I can stop by there and see whats going on. I was there about 2 months ago. Decent crowd or so it seemed.

Robert
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

where in Al and PC do they race these. I'm in Dothan, Al and am thinking about getting one. Just need to see what is available and prices.

WoodyT (larc)

Last edited by larc; 12-03-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by larc
where in Al and PC do they race these. I'm in Dothan, Al and am thinking about getting one. Just need to see what is available and prices.

WoodyT (larc)

Hey hun I posted your info in rc groups. There use to be a group in Dothan. The property was sold this summer. I guess they'll be racing with us or Jacksonville next year. On a good race day theres around 30 plus kartiers here. Bad day maybe 12 to 15. We also try to race in Destin Fl. Around 5-10 drivers live over there. Attendence is about the same maybe less. Keep in mind all of us are very laid back. Don't go making the racing more technical than it is. It's no different than their karts. Simple and cheap fun. Hope to see you out next year or indoor soon.

Ceri
Old 12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Like most of you, I to repainted my kart for indoor season. I can't wait now to get all scratched up again LOL.... I also have our new racing numbers on my kart. They fit nice.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails N. GA Kart thread-2011dec.jpg   N. GA Kart thread-dec3_2011.jpg   N. GA Kart thread-dec2011d.jpg   N. GA Kart thread-dec32011.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Ceri,

Thanks for the reply. been racing rc since early 80's currently concentrating on 1/5 and 1/4 scale gas oval. Where can I purchase a kart? Are there several brands of 1/4 scale karts? The only one I have seen so far is the Hobby King kart. Is there a set of rules that y'all go by, if so is there a place to download them?

Any info will help,

WoodyT (larc)
Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ceri,

Thanks for the reply. been racing rc since early 80's currently concentrating on 1/5 and 1/4 scale gas oval. Where can I purchase a kart? Are there several brands of 1/4 scale karts? The only one I have seen so far is the Hobby King kart. Is there a set of rules that y'all go by, if so is there a place to download them?

Any info will help,

WoodyT (larc)

The karts we race are the same size as a 1:10th touring car. They are slightly smaller than a 1/4 scale.This is why they only race their karts on their tracks. I bought this one only for the fact I ran upon one of their races in Daytona Florida. They seemed fun so I bought one. After driving with a stock motor it got old real quick at the track. I used to race off road so more speed was needed for me. After I went modified I was hooked. I like the fact theres no tinkering or constant adjusting unlike my truggies and buggies I owned. Jonathan my hubby races with me as well. He's the best pit manager a girl could have He has a rc background with boats. With your back ground similar to my husbands. These karts will be like no other rc you've owned. Go ahead and throw out your ideas of changing this and change that to go faster. There pretty much set so everyone is racing the same. Of course driving skill is what makes you win races more so than other rc. Classes are what seperates the speeds of the karts. And yes there are rules we use. Robert or the event hosts follow it closely at every race. Techs are performed but rare at the track.

Ceri
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

got one on the way
Old 12-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

got one on the way

I seen your postings in rc groups. Nice to hear you'll be joining us. You'll need to make your way up to Battlefield RC in N. Georgia. I've known Robert for years and since he and his wife are moving into the TN area he plans on racing there. I'm making plans to roll in on a few races there myself. Its a fantastic outdoor track. Since your down south like many others hotels are near by if you need one. Your more than welcome to sleep in the trunk of my car if theres no rooms left. Email Robert and get directions.

Lead
Old 12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc
Like most of you, I to repainted my kart for indoor season. I can't wait now to get all scratched up again LOL.... I also have our new racing numbers on my kart. They fit nice.

Robert
You didn't lell me they would scratch! What am I going to do now with this Mr style of the year award. I'm so depressed.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mxrich
You didn't lell me they would scratch! What am I going to do now with this Mr style of the year award. I'm so depressed.

LOL Sorry about that MX. You can get that pull foam at your local fabric store. Just use some servo tape around your kart and apply the pull foam! ROLF

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.