Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Metro Summer Series - Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I find it funny as he** that everyone is downing someone for voicing there opinion what a class act alot of you are, and your talking about $25 well add gas,food and whatever else you had to buy to make the race its not cheap not unless you have alot of money then i guess its not that big of a deal.
I got to run 8 total minutes do i feel like that was worth the 200 i spend he** no i dont i was in the last qualifier when the rain hit, is it anyones fault it rained no it wasnt but the track owner and race director got their money.Do you think they would let you race for free i think not so why shouldnt they do something to make up for it i aint trying to start a big arguement but to me thats not right but i guess i will get run down for voicing my opinion but i could care less.

Last edited by DPowers; 06-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DPowers
I find it funny as he?? that everone is downing someone for voicing there opinion what a class act alot of you are and you talking about $25 well add gas,food and whatever else you have to buy to just to make a race its not cheap not unless you have alot of money then i guess its not the big of a deal
and i got to run 8 total minutes do i feel like that was worth the 200 i spend he?? no i dont i was in the last qual when it come the down poor is it anyones fault it rained not it wasnt but the track owner and race director got there money yeah they sure did do you think they would let you race for free i think not so why shouldnt they do something to make up for it i aint trying to start a big arguement but to me thats not right but i guess i will get run down for voiceing my opinion but i could care less.
they arent doing nothing about it....

Originally Posted by nwjones76
Did you read the post by Charles?

"we will do something a little extra along the way to help combat today."

Relax - They will work something out! As, far as today goes it was a great race right up until it rained. Nothing you can do about that. Maybe you should have done a rain dance.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I find it funny as he?? that everone is downing someone for voicing there opinion what a class act alot of you are and you talking about $25 well add gas,food and whatever else you have to buy to just to make a race its not cheap not unless you have alot of money then i guess its not the big of a deal
and i got to run 8 total minutes do i feel like that was worth the 200 i spend he?? no i dont i was in the last qual when it come the down poor is it anyones fault it rained not it wasnt but the track owner and race director got there money yeah they sure did do you think they would let you race for free i think not so why shouldnt they do something to make up for it i aint trying to start a big arguement but to me thats not right but i guess i will get run down for voiceing my opinion but i could care less.
Reading comprehension FTMFW....
Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
they arent doing nothing about it....
I read what nick wrote i was just expressing my opinion.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
FTMFW?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness

Old 06-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rednck21
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Not trying to be the grammar police but please use a little punctuation . I had to re-read your post 3 times and still didn't fully understand it.

How many races have you ever been to that they give you your money back if you don't complete the qual. rounds or the race? It's the nature of the beast sometimes. I don't think folks are getting on him for his opinion just his attack on the race directors. Do they make mistakes? Most definately. But to get on them because it rained before the race was over is crazy.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairdog
Not trying to be the grammar police but please use a little punctuation . I had to re-read your post 3 times and still didn't fully understand it.

How many races have you ever been to that they give you your money back if you don't complete the qual. rounds or the race? It's the nature of the beast sometimes. I don't think folks are getting on him for his opinion just his attack on the race directors. Do they make mistakes? Most definately. But to get on them because it rained before the race was over is crazy.
Yeah i dont have the best spelling or grammer and i dont wont my money back never ask for it.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default rain wasn't a problem for me.

i got my second race in then i had to head up to Calhoun, what was a problem was I-285 north, when i left after the first heat of the second round i sat in stop and go traffic for over an hour just to get to spaghetti junction.
i'm sorry you guys didn't get to finish, i had a good time it was my first time racing their, i personally think it was out of everyone hands, i rained so "soak it up and get ready for the next race".
i go by the motto: any day racing is better than not!
***losi4me***
rfury, i told you it was going to RAIN!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Team Turtle

6. If you have ever run or setup a race you will know that most softwares will split classes
if there is more than 10 cars in it. That is what it did for 2wd buggy and 1/8th E buggy and
we agreed to combine them on the second round to shave a little more time off.

Every attempt was made to make the show run smoothly and for you to complain is uncalled for.
These guys went out of their way to put together a great event for us to run at and thats excactly what it was.
Rain outs suck but thats part of this time of year and we have to deal with it.

- I beg to differ.. If you know the software and how to setup the races - then "NO" it will not split them up. I personally have worked with several different counting software's and if you know the program and its limitations, you can setup 20 plus per heat / main.

"Maybe" the error is human ... maybe it was the "Program" none-the-less 17 / 5 minute qualifiers with 5 racers in each heats was in error. I'm not splitting hairs
but that's the fact...
----
hairdog

Every track I have ever been to to race the rule is if you complete the first round of Qualifying then the race is
considered complete. From what JMaxey posted it sounds like they did. So from the looks of it points will be based
off qualifing. Just my observation. I'm sure JP and Charles will be as fair as possible to make it right for everyone.

- hairdog ... with all-due-respect .. you must not have been to many races.

For me... personally... I have been to several in state and out of state races. Most, in the event of a rain out if less then half of the race
had not been run (ie. qualifiers and mains combined) then a reschedule is placed on the table (Or something of the sort). If this was a club race and oh well it rained, and then next week one could make it up. No huge loss. This is not the case.

To give you an example of making the best of a situation - at this years PNB - one the SCT races had a error in the start, after discussion to
make it right, the option was given to re-run that round. Did some others get upset.. sure... but whats right is right. People plan for these
events, its not just a weekend club race. That's what I'm talking about.... for the fellow racers... and the love for it!!!

----
buzzlitebeer

I think your puss-itis is flaring up again! Did you not read anything that Charles posted? These race owners work very
hard taking time from their families and work to make a fun venue for you to come to. So if you think they are in it for
the money then open yourself a track and try to make some money. This hobby is made of people who love the hobby. Taking
a chance that people will buy parts from them at a very low margin, or having enough racers to make the monthly payment on overhead.
So if this still bothers you I will pay your entry fee. Just to keep the bad apple out of our great hobby.

- buzzlitebeer

I've maintained, run and help built tracks. I've come out of pocket for materials, donated computers and various hardware, invested time and labor.
All for the love of the hobby. Nothing more... nothing less.. "Never" has it or will it ever be for the money. It's for the love of the hobby!!
I never questioned the venue or the hard work the track owners have invested. And YES I do know what it takes.

If you know me, you will know that I'm one of the most laid back and one of the most giving people you would ever meet. I voiced my opinion
on the actions taken at the track, and asked the questions, out of concern. Nothing more nothing less. I know that on these forums many people
like to twist and turn things only to get a raise from others and hey, good for them. Again, only my opinion.

We were riding out the storm like everyone else.. and if the option was to wait it out, we would have been there...
When we asked the director and track owner what the plan was - the answer was. I'm getting out of here.

So that being the case... my / our question was raised.

If one round is what has been called "The Race" so be it... Party on folks!!!!

Last edited by offr0aden; 06-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
rfury, i told you it was going to RAIN!!!!!!!
I am an optimist about the weather for once and people give me crap about it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[QUOTE=offr0aden;9279603]----

- hairdog ... with all-due-respect .. you must not have been to many races.
QUOTE]

Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The rain didn't bother me too much. i brought my soap and was able to take a shower and get some racing in. it's a win win for me!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturdays Heat Standing this is what we are going off of Rocket rounds

http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...ere=Loganville
You must Marshall to have a good race day.

http://www.loganvillerc.com/

Last edited by cy1710; 06-21-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.