Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drama Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

on the other side of the spectrum how do you like it when you are getting a car that has wrecked and as soon as you touch it they rev it. or you are trying to un tangle them and one is steady on the gas. My theory is if you are on the gas then stay there till your in last. And a marshal can make or break your race.. Now i have a question of my own. Say you r racing and in the lead or even behind the leader. You catch someone out of the coner of your eye wreck and go out at a certain spot marshal picks them up and tries to compensate for time lost by placing him on a part of the track where he thought he would be by now like in a 180 turn and so on. Normally i wouldnt say a thing but if you won or lost by that margin would you complain about it. Just sayin
Old 02-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I find it funny when you set 'em down and they gun it just before, or as soon as it barely touches the ground. They wheelie and flip again...

The only reason i find to throw (not literally lol) someone a little ahead is to keep the pile from tangling again, i might put a faster guy, or a leader out and ahead before the other guy, it just makes sense. By wrecking or tangling, they have already lost time. Im not likely going to throw someone on the other side of the track or a turn, but someone i notice leading may get a priority depending on situation.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Hey this isnt a turn marshall thread, its a drama thread. Lets get it back on topic little girls.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Hey this isnt a turn marshall thread, its a drama thread. Lets get it back on topic little girls.
You perv you
Old 02-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flipmeover
on the other side of the spectrum how do you like it when you are getting a car that has wrecked and as soon as you touch it they rev it. or you are trying to un tangle them and one is steady on the gas. My theory is if you are on the gas then stay there till your in last. And a marshal can make or break your race.. Now i have a question of my own. Say you r racing and in the lead or even behind the leader. You catch someone out of the coner of your eye wreck and go out at a certain spot marshal picks them up and tries to compensate for time lost by placing him on a part of the track where he thought he would be by now like in a 180 turn and so on. Normally i wouldnt say a thing but if you won or lost by that margin would you complain about it. Just sayin
This reminds me of the first race of the Fall for all series at VRP. I had flipped during practice trying to find a faster line. And a couple of guys were walking over to it, in no hurry by the way. I revved it just a little when the guy was 5 feet away from it. When he picked up my truggy, he threw it, yes threw it about 15 feet back on the track. I won't put up with that shit, and whoever that was knew it. If he had a problem with what I did, come up to me later and talk to me about it, I'm a really easy going nice guy, but when he did that shit, I was pissed off.

I don't zing the throttle when someone has it in their hands, but I will blip it until you get their to keep it going.

As for turn marshaling, I don't expect marshals to break their backs to flip me over, just do the best you can. And yes I agree, don't stand out there talking or texting, talking to another marshal, sitting down picking your nose, watching the race, etc.. Pay yo ass attention while marshaling, thats all I ask.

Other than that idiot who threw my truggy like it was a trash bag, I don't have any drama, or hard feelings toward anyone I have ever raced with. Maybe it's just you electric guys that like to start crap all the time LOLOL
Old 02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
How about a waffle house on a sat night like 2 am? haha worlds collide!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Where be at all the drama is?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Where be at all the drama is?
'ere fool. Don't you be seeing the drama, it laying alla bout.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

we wouldnt rely on corner marshals so much if there were less hackers. when someone faster is coming up behind you get out of the f'n way!!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if it wasnt for wrecking you and hopefully knocking you out guys like me may never have a chance.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If everyone TM'd like me there wouldn't be any problems, just saying I ROCK!!!
Besides i can't drive worth a darn so i need a valid excuse for showing up on race day.
How come if my main is only 10 minutes long i gotta TM some "pro" guys 30 minute main?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

OK... DRAMA>>>DRAMA>>>>> DRAMA

I know that Caleb and I are newbies and we try to follow everyone's lead and example when it comes to turn marshaling. Luckily I guess for everyone there we have been away for a few weeks. :-p

Anywho... I treat every car out on the track as if it were mine. Which I think is a pretty good concept cause I dont like breaking my stuff. Granted accidents happen and unfortunate turn overs take place. I still feel that if everyone that TM'd that way we would see better racing through out the race and better TM's

FWIW... I feel that if you dont have a car registered to race you shouldnt be allowed to TM... when I see my $200+ dollar "toy" go flying higher and longer than it would normally.... lets just say I cringe very hard and bite my tounge... just sayin...

And if I wreck someone out on the track I can assure you that it is an accident and is not intentional. The day that I resort to crashing someone for getting in front of me is the day I will stop. With that said... lets go racing...

Yes I know that I am probably going to be black listed for these comments but this is DRAMA<<< LOL
Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by n2uga
OK... DRAMA>>>DRAMA>>>>> DRAMA

I know that Caleb and I are newbies and we try to follow everyone's lead and example when it comes to turn marshaling. Luckily I guess for everyone there we have been away for a few weeks. :-p

Anywho... I treat every car out on the track as if it were mine. Which I think is a pretty good concept cause I dont like breaking my stuff. Granted accidents happen and unfortunate turn overs take place. I still feel that if everyone that TM'd that way we would see better racing through out the race and better TM's

FWIW... I feel that if you dont have a car registered to race you shouldnt be allowed to TM... when I see my $200+ dollar "toy" go flying higher and longer than it would normally.... lets just say I cringe very hard and bite my tounge... just sayin...

And if I wreck someone out on the track I can assure you that it is an accident and is not intentional. The day that I resort to crashing someone for getting in front of me is the day I will stop. With that said... lets go racing...

Yes I know that I am probably going to be black listed for these comments but this is DRAMA<<< LOL
I completely understand where your coming from... I cringe everytime i get up to run a qualifer or main & look out and see noobies or worse, spectators that may be accompaning other racers, marshalling. Spectators are the worst because they genarally have clue of the value of the toys, don't have any idea how to work a corner & get caught up in the race & don't pay attention to their area.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just try to get em shiny side up without doing a face plant into the doubles on top of 3 other cars. I hate to turn marshal because I'm neither quick nor agile and my worst fear is crushing sombody's car under my big foot.
Sadly, I give the TMs a real work out when I'm on the stand.
BTW I think Adam gets the award for the most face planting while turn marshalling.

Friendly competition, and somebody to flip you over when you wreck, are the main reasons I enjoy racing.

Brent, I got your drama right here now thats drama
Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
If everyone TM'd like me there wouldn't be any problems, just saying I ROCK!!!
Besides i can't drive worth a darn so i need a valid excuse for showing up on race day.
How come if my main is only 10 minutes long i gotta TM some "pro" guys 30 minute main?

I dont, but then again I dont like going to big races with nitro cars. They are annoying sounding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.