Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Indoor 1/8th track near Chattanooga, Tn. >

Indoor 1/8th track near Chattanooga, Tn.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor 1/8th track near Chattanooga, Tn.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Indoor 1/8th track near Chattanooga, Tn.

Hey guys I'm moving to northern Ga (Wildwood), next weekend and I'm wondering where can I run 1/8th indoor? Is battlefield only outdoor?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richracer2
Hey guys I'm moving to northern Ga (Wildwood), next weekend and I'm wondering where can I run 1/8th indoor? Is battlefield only outdoor?
Battlefield is outdoor only.

The only place I can think of that runs 1/8th indoors is the Annual Pyscho Nirtro Blast race, (see the thread in this forum) and that's a temporary track just for that one race.

Only indoor offroad tracks that I'm aware of are Turtle Trax in Cartersville, GA and VRP in Brooks, GA. I don't think that either place allows 1/8th scale. Only 1/10th and smaller.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fishn or Racin
I don't think that either place allows 1/8th scale. Only 1/10th and smaller.
i hear that turtle trax might be having some 1/8 scale races. they are just right with a 2 cell indoors
Old 12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rednck21
i hear that turtle trax might be having some 1/8 scale races. they are just right with a 2 cell indoors
Where is turtle trax? Link? I guess I'll have to sell one of my newly bought but used 8t's for a tenth scale if I want to have fun.... Dang it... I recently sold a xxx-t...
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My father used to live in Wildwood and I stayed with him during summers. Nice place, he was part of the sanctuary down there.

Even with our great vendors trying their best to give us great tracks like dalton, turtle, and battlefield...... We still lack two major things

1. large indoor area for something other than small carpet cars

2. Local area integration on the web that links the local tracks together. (We just come here to see who is racing and that's as good as it gets).

We need a big ass facility that is an "all in one" indoor oval and off road track and we need that track to have a dedicated website that is linked to the local vendors and other tracks so everyone is in constant contact and has one place to go to know anything about the area they need (which we somewhat use rctech for now on a lower level than I envision).

All our shops are mom and pop shops doing medium budget tracks, but there is no big dog vendor that can spring the kind of money you see spent in larger areas where a single vendor can buy a warehouse and convert it into a Mega RC Center and have enough traffic to support it.

If you go by the amount of people that show up to races, the truth is we really can't support such a cool ass place. Maybe one day we can get away with it.

Last edited by Revo-lution; 12-07-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

maybe there will be someday
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richracer2

Where is turtle trax? Link? I guess I'll have to sell one of my newly bought but used 8t's for a tenth scale if I want to have fun.... Dang it... I recently sold a xxx-t...
www.turtletraxraceway.com

We've been toying with the idea of 1/8th electric on our indoor track. My big concern is with turn marshals. Theres not a lot of room to jump out of the way if someone gets stupid with one and I dont want to see anyone get hurt. I've been driving mine on the track with a 1700kv Tekin RX8 system on a 2s lipo and it negotiates the track well and runs about the same speed as a 2wd buggy does on the track

Were located right on 41 in cartersville just down the road from Quick Trip in the old Ideal Sports building

1271 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy
Cartersville GA 30120
770-334-8846

I'm not generaly at the shop till 1 (Im taking care of mothers puppy till she gets back from NY and I cant leave it alone long enough to stay at the shop all day) but Tina is there in the mornings to get things opend up durring the week.