Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turtle Trax Indoors 11/21

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Had a good time coming out and watching the racing Sunday. I was the guy in the Thundercats t-shirt there with my daughter. Everyone was very friendly and all the hospitality was much appreciated. It's a long haul from Cumming, but hope to be out again soon. The experiance definately lit a fire under me and I can't wait to get that SC10 together and running. I am definately looking for someone to help me out with some info. on getting the truck set up. If you think you can help, please feel free to PM me. Thanks again for the good time and great racing.

Perry
Old 11-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Prlahr72
Had a good time coming out and watching the racing Sunday. I was the guy in the Thundercats t-shirt there with my daughter. Everyone was very friendly and all the hospitality was much appreciated. It's a long haul from Cumming, but hope to be out again soon. The experiance definately lit a fire under me and I can't wait to get that SC10 together and running. I am definately looking for someone to help me out with some info. on getting the truck set up. If you think you can help, please feel free to PM me. Thanks again for the good time and great racing.

Perry
Hope you come back to race your SC10 with us soon. The more trucks running together, the more fun! I'd love to help you with set-up, but this was my first time racing electric so...... Yeah, I was the green truck (more like a car body) that kept rollin' over!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

The first thing I need to figure out is a SC/Motor combo. I was looking at the Castle Sidewinder SC combo. I want something decent, but the price has to be right.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

The first thing I need to figure out is a SC/Motor combo. I was looking at the Castle Sidewinder SC combo. I want something decent, but the price has to be right.
Just keep in mind that 13.5 turns is the smallest number of turns allowed in the SCT class. Because of how small and tight that track is, I actually did better with my 17.5....but I guess I like crashing hard, rather than going slow (even though a 17.5 is NOT slow on that track!! ) so I put a 13.5 in for the race. Hopefully you're not as stubborn as I.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Be careful which system you chose. The 3800kv and higher Kv rated systems are acctualy considerd Mod motors, Gene runs the track and would have final say on the legality of the system but a 13.5 is rated at ~3200-3500kv depending on the motor. Im sure the 3600kv system would be allowed though as long as its a 540 can. I couldn't find the specs looking quick on what size the motor can was. We dont allow 550's in the 2wd SCT class

Edit: I didnt mean to sound as rude as re-reading it comes off being. I just dont want you to go out and buy a system and then find out its not a legal system to run anywhere. Our class limit is 13.5 but everyother track in the area running SCT has a lower 17.5 motor limit
Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey Adam, are you going to post the results? ( Not rushing, just wondering )

Thanks.......
Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

We are out of the shop on Mondays so I'm sure he'll do it when he comes in on Tuesday
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

I'd like to see those, myself. Will it break down how many flips I did per race? Per lap? Per turn marshall???
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Our class limit is 13.5 but everyother track in the area running SCT has a lower 17.5 motor limit
I am running a 13.5 because I had one handy when I built the truck, but I think sometimes it gets me into extra trouble. Actually I know it gets me into trouble. I am considering going to a 17.5 because it is still plenty of power at TT plus its legal at other tracks. Most of the time the 13.5 is not.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

By the way I had a blast yesterday. Second place felt like a full win to me. I want to thank Keith and Danny Sawyer, Brent H, and John Crawford. Plus I want to thank anyone else who is clearly faster than me who did not show up to race SCT yesterday.

Rock On.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

See if this tells ya what you need to know...........

Castle Creations

Sidwinder SCT Short Course Brushless Combo

Introducing the ALL NEW Sidewinder SCT Short Course Truck Edition combo: an exciting combination of a new motor design from Castle & Steve Neu and a new Sidewinder SCT controller.

The all new Sidewinder SCT controller offers a 40% increase in power handling over the previous Sidewinder 1/10 but keeps the same great Sidewinder affordability.

The new 4 pole 1410 1Y motor offers 50% more torque than Castle's great CM36 series motors of similar kv.

Add some cool to your motor with the included CC Blower fan and shroud and you are ready to run with the big boys.

The Sidewinder SCT is ready to run out of the box, but it is completely Castle Link™ compatible too – drivers can use their Castle Link and Windows PC to tune and tweak all their favorite settings such as brake and throttle curves, throttle response, drag brake and many other parameters that add up to an incredible RC driving experience.

Key Features
ROAR SCT legal-designed for 2WD and 4WD 1/10 scale short course trucks
3800kV Castle 1410 Y brushless motor with four magnets on the rotor giving a 20% increase in torque over most other motors in this class with only two magnets
Sidewinder SCT electronic speed control with proportional brake, reverse with lockout and programmable low voltage cutoff with Auto LiPo Detect set as default
Motor and ESC are wired together-no connectors needed

Specs
Motor-
Pole Count: 4
Motor Winding Temp Rating: 93C
Magnet Material Temp Rating: 180C
Stator Lamination Thickness: 0.0078" .2mm
Bearings: CNC rated Japanese bearings
Dimensions: 1.4 x 2.1" (36 x 53mm)
Shaft Diameter: 1/8"
ESC-
Brake: Proportional
Reversible: Yes, with lockout
Length: 1.8" (46mm)
Width: 1.4" (35mm)
Height: 0.9" (23mm)
Weight with Wires: 2.5oz (71g) approximate
Max Voltage: 2S (4.2V fully charged Lipos)
Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Honestly the RTR brushless system is really darn good, they can be had for dirt cheap and have alot of power to them. I use one on my SC10 and its faster than it needs to be, and still runs forever.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Honestly the RTR brushless system is really darn good, they can be had for dirt cheap and have alot of power to them. I use one on my SC10 and its faster than it needs to be, and still runs forever.
Can you give me an example? I bought the truck kit and it has nothing with it.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

To be honest, I run a Hobbywing 13.5T combo in my buggy and won yesterday, and it runs very very well at TT.

It is cheap, and reliable and comes with a program card that works really well.

Here is a nice combo you could get.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-sens...-rc-motor.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-60a-...-1-10-car.html

You could get the combo with program card for $97 bucks with free shipping.

To be sensorless, it is really smooth. I put down some of the fastest laps I have ran at TT yesterday with my hobbywing combo.

Sincerely,

Apollo Creed.

EDIT: I was the one that commented on your shirt...
Attached Thumbnails Turtle Trax Indoors 11/21-1032236.1145931802747.apollo_creed.jpg  

Last edited by Metalsoft; 11-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
I was the one that commented on your shirt...
You were the one winning everything.....

Thanks for the suggestion. I may take your advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.