Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere race 1/36 scale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Anywhere race 1/36 scale?

Does anyone race 1/36 scale? I have a losi micro t and wondered. Maybe it wasn't a total waste of money. It was bought for a child to use but I don't want to put too much into it if you can't race anywhere with it. thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You might check HT in Kennesaw, I saw jumps have been added to their Kyosho mini track they have there in the shop.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cptxaggie
You might check HT in Kennesaw, I saw jumps have been added to their Kyosho mini track they have there in the shop.
I called. They don't but thanks for the idea.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love my micro t, but I don't really see anyone racing them. They require such a smooth surface in order to remain controllable, but are still a lot of fun to play with. Maybe they'll make it around the new tt track =D
Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

As was posted in the TT thread a couple days ago Keith

Originally Posted by LMRacing
I don't belive so. I think a 1/18th scale would be fun on the track but its going to end up being too big for a 1/36 car to run on. Plans are for a set of good jumps like at the current track on the back strech of the indoor facility, with the exception it will be a double single or possibly a tripple instead of tripple doubles
Thats not to say your not welcome to bring them out and run them on the track, we're just not going openly offer a class for them every week.

Get enough of them togeather though (4 or 5) that want to race at one of the races and we'd let them have a heat to themselfs. Just like any other 1/10th or 1/18th electric off-road class. Get enough of them togeather at the track at a race that want to race and we'll trow a heat out there for them if its not a premire class (1/10th buggy and SCT) that we advertise
Old 07-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had to go in person today today and saw the track you mentioned. I asked about it and that is indeed what it is for, so the person on the phone was wrong. Thank you for the information! I'll have to try it out.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
As was posted in the TT thread a couple days ago Keith

Thats not to say your not welcome to bring them out and run them on the track, we're just not going openly offer a class for them every week.

Get enough of them togeather though (4 or 5) that want to race at one of the races and we'd let them have a heat to themselfs. Just like any other 1/10th or 1/18th electric off-road class. Get enough of them togeather at the track at a race that want to race and we'll trow a heat out there for them if its not a premire class (1/10th buggy and SCT) that we advertise
lol, I wasn't suggesting it as a class I just want to see if I can make it all the way around the track So long as Gene doesn't chase my car around with the leaf blower I should be fine...
Old 07-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I need to try out the 18t on the track. I have a brand new set of bowties that are begging to hit the track.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 31794ty
I need to try out the 18t on the track. I have a brand new set of bowties that are begging to hit the track.
I'm hoping that we can get a class of 1/18scale if they can make it around the track alright. Got to test them out on it first and see.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tinasam
I'm hoping that we can get a class of 1/18scale if they can make it around the track alright. Got to test them out on it first and see.
I have my 1/16 Slash sitting on the shelf, I can start getting it ready.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have my 1/16 Slash sitting on the shelf, I can start getting it ready.
Yeah but that would be like running a 1/10th with a 1/8th

I say bring em out. We wanted to run an 1/18th race out at the big TT, even had a set of jumps we were going to build over the pipe after the sweeper (a removable wooden jump of course) so they could run two lanes of the track and have some jumps and whoops and corners to play on. Nobody brought them out though so we droped the idea. I'd still like to get them going and will be ordering myself an SC18 when the shop gets on its feet