Wiki Posts
Search

GA State Electric Offroad Champs

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Turtle
June 12th TurtleTrax will host our first annual GA State Electric Championship race. This will be a one day event with gates opening at 7AM and first of 4 rounds of qualifiing starting at 12.

Classes will be
13.5 or less 2wd Buggy
13.5 or less SCT
Open 4wd SCT
Novice both buggy and sct together.
Vintage pre 96 cars only 540 motors, any esc any 6cell or 2S lipo.This is for mxrich get your guys together and lets see them run again.

Racing format will be
6 min qualifiers and 6 min mains for 2wd,4wd and 2wd SCT Will run 8 min if time allows
4 min qualifiers and 4 min mains for vintage

Entry fee $30 first class $15 for second
Event T-shirts for each entrant extras may be available for purchase afterwards
Trophies TQ 1st 2nd and 3rd in each A main and 1st for B

ROAR wt. measurements and tire rules will be teched. In other words no 4wd fronts on 2wd buggies and no 1/8 tires on SCTs.
From the first page. Were not going to offer an 1/8th scale class, the track just wasn't built for it. I bought an 1/8th buggy to try it out and it just wouldn't navigate the turns and it had too much power to be any fun. I couldn't get more than half throttle down the straight before I had to brake for the first turn
Old 05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Still need anyone who is attending this race to PM me shirt sizes if other than XL. I need to know how many to order other than XL. PM me with title "SHIRT SIZE".

Thanks Gene
Old 05-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gene, Have you found anyone to make the shirts yet? My mom can do the shirt with different colors. Just need you to call and chat with her about it, so we know exactly what you need.

BTW, I should be making my 4x4 SCT debut at this race. I hope alot of people show up for the class!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColbySC10
Gene, Have you found anyone to make the shirts yet? My mom can do the shirt with different colors. Just need you to call and chat with her about it, so we know exactly what you need.

BTW, I should be making my 4x4 SCT debut at this race. I hope alot of people show up for the class!
Yeah I think we have it covered now. May use her for the TT track shirts but that will be a few weeks out.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wish i could attend this race...but i will be attending the FL Electric state races over at kissimee raceway that same weekend.

You guys have a great race. Best of luck to everyone
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default FINAL CALL

I really really need a headcount for anyone that is going to run novice. If we aren't going to have people sign up for that I would rather not buy trophies when that money can go for better trophies for the Buggy/SCT fellas.

So please let me know if you are going to enter that, if I don't hear anything by this Friday, I'm going to nix the Novice class.

Thanks
Tina
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tinasam
I really really need a headcount for anyone that is going to run novice. If we aren't going to have people sign up for that I would rather not buy trophies when that money can go for better trophies for the Buggy/SCT fellas.

So please let me know if you are going to enter that, if I don't hear anything by this Friday, I'm going to nix the Novice class.

Thanks
Tina
Where are we supposed to sign up? I'm not running novice, but if this race was on RCsignup it would be easier to judge what the attendance will be.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markt311
Where are we supposed to sign up? I'm not running novice, but if this race was on RCsignup it would be easier to judge what the attendance will be.
She just wants people to pop her a PM or a post on this thread. Were looking at getting some high dollar trophys and having them engraved for each class, we dont want to buy trophys for the class if nobodys planning on racing it. There were only 2 at VRP this past weekend so buying 4 trophys for a class with only two enterys would be money wasted when only 3 trophys ( 1st, second, and TQ) would be the only ones neccisary
Old 05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't want anyone to pre-sign up. I was asking how many, if any, plan to run novice. Usually the people just post here with a "yea I was going to" and then I have a good idea of who will be there. It was sorta thrown in there and I know that no one that normally runs with us goes into that category.

We are a small track that do everything out of our pockets to finance, no business loans or what have you. I'm fixing to have to buy around $700 worth of shirts for the race and $500-600 worth of trophies. So you see how I'd like to just make sure that we're even going to have entries for that before I get everything ordered I know that we'll have tons of buggies and SCTs, we do every week, so I'm not worried about those trophies.

-----------
Trophies will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd in A-main, 1st in B-main, and TQ
I'm looking at plaques and not small plastic trophies

Shirts will be good quality screened, 2-3 color, race-specific new hot logo
-----------

Tina
Old 05-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

I would run novice... I know for a fact im not good enough to keep up with most of the guys. And im sure most would agree.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Novice is just an open 1/10 class right? If more people are interested I'll run my stampede.

I wear an adult small shirt.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

We are having the novice class, open 1/10 scale for anyone still really new to the sport.

Thanks for the shirt size Ty, I will make sure to order a smaller one for you
Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Well, in that case I dont think I will run the novice class. My blitz is competable enough to run with the other guys. I wear a 2X shirt. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

I think Jmac and Alisha are going to be running the Novice class. So Tyler you'd make 3.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Another Look-at-my-Horse Update!

Trophies are ordered and paid for. Trophies will be given out for the following:
1st Place A-Main 2wd Buggy
2nd Place A-Main 2wd Buggy
3rd Place A-Main 2wd Buggy
2wd Buggy Top Qualifier
1st Place B-Main 2wd Buggy

1st Place A-Main SCT
2nd Place A-Main SCT
3rd Place A-Main SCT
SCT Top Qualifier
1st Place B-Main SCT

1st Place A-Main Open SCT
2nd Place A-Main Open SCT
3rd Place A-Main Open SCT
Open SCT Top Qualifier
1st Place B-Main Open SCT

1st Place A-Main Vintage
2nd Place A-Main Vintage
3rd Place A-Main Vintage
Vintage Top Qualifier

1st Place A-Main Novice
2nd Place A-Main Novice
3rd Place A-Main Novice
Novice Top Qualifier

HOWEVER: Every person that enters gets a tee shirt. So, 23 trophies will be awarded and everyone gets a tee. The trophies are plaques, sized 10 x 13 !!

Edited to add: Tee shirts are now paid for and off to production. I ordered 75, if we have more than 75 people (whooo hooo if we dooooo) I will make sure to order more and send them to whoever didn't get one at the race. Extra shirts if available will be for sale.

Last edited by tinasam; 05-12-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.