R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Georgia Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing-77/)
-   -   TURTLETRAX Saturday 7/25 @ 2PM (https://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-racing/313478-turtletrax-saturday-7-25-%40-2pm.html)

Team Turtle 07-20-2009 03:50 PM

TURTLETRAX Saturday 7/25 @ 2PM

This Saturday's club race will be at 2PM. Same as usual track opens at 8 and first qualifier at 2. I won't over water the track friday like I did this past weekend still trying to figure out how much to put on it at night to last til morning. Any way see everyone there.

Team Turtle 07-20-2009 03:58 PM

We had 23 entries last weekend 14 buggies 6 Slashes and 3 4wds. The group is growing every week. Lets keep this up heard rumors a couple more guys might be getting buggies.

K_Spec_RC 07-20-2009 06:29 PM

I cant make it this Saturday :( I have a wedding to attend...

cptxaggie 07-20-2009 06:54 PM

Cannot make it either, gotta get ready for a business trip to Minnesota to see the Cherrios people.

nicholas cline 07-20-2009 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC (Post 6092756)
I cant make it this Saturday :( I have a wedding to attend...

naw, u just found out i was getting a buggy and got scared LOLZ :smile:

ALLERACER 07-21-2009 05:24 AM

Could someone please tell me what 30 degree caster blocks do compared to the stock ones. Does it give you more steering? Does it have more camber change turning?

FATKAT 07-21-2009 07:43 AM

More
More caster aids stability, and handling in bumpy sections.

Less
Less caster increases steering drastically.
Steering feels much more direct, the car turns tighter and faster.

Do a Google Search for RC Car Set UP Guide and you will find a world of information to confuse you even more;)

Hope this helps

Keith Sawyer 07-21-2009 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ALLERACER (Post 6094980)
Could someone please tell me what 30 degree caster blocks do compared to the stock ones. Does it give you more steering? Does it have more camber change turning?

more high speed steering. I tried them yesterday after the race and I wish I had done it earlier

Rfury 07-21-2009 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ALLERACER (Post 6094980)

Originally Posted by FATKAT (Post 6095463)
More
More caster aids stability, and handling in bumpy sections.

Less
Less caster increases steering drastically.
Steering feels much more direct, the car turns tighter and faster.

Do a Google Search for RC Car Set UP Guide and you will find a world of information to confuse you even more;)

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Keith Sawyer (Post 6095963)
more high speed steering. I tried them yesterday after the race and I wish I had done it earlier

Just to show the differences in the different buggies, I use 25 degrees of caster on the RB5. My car pushed really bad before I made the change. Also, caster is changed at the pivot block on the RB5. This means you have to take the entire front apart to change it. It is a good thing that 25 works on virtually all surfaces on the RB5.

K_Spec_RC 07-21-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rfury (Post 6095984)
Just to show the differences in the different buggies, I use 25 degrees of caster on the RB5. My car pushed really bad before I made the change. Also, caster is changed at the pivot block on the RB5. This means you have to take the entire front apart to change it. It is a good thing that 25 works on virtually all surfaces on the RB5.

I'm going to have a hard time changing my caster... I broke my block after the race durring practice :blush: I found out that there is a high spot in the last double you DO NOT want to hit... lol Took out my front suspension mount, inner hinge pin, and arm... :weird: oh well, that's racin' :lol:

Rfury 07-21-2009 12:53 PM

I knew you were trying to break it. :lol:

Team Turtle 07-21-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC (Post 6096530)
I'm going to have a hard time changing my caster... I broke my block after the race durring practice :blush: I found out that there is a high spot in the last double you DO NOT want to hit... lol Took out my front suspension mount, inner hinge pin, and arm... :weird: oh well, that's racin' :lol:

Thats it blame it on the track. I suppose you tell me I put that pipe in your way too:ha:

K_Spec_RC 07-21-2009 03:10 PM

Of course it was you, I sure as heck didn't put it there :D

btw, the Turtle Trax decals are printed and cut. I should have them by this weekend. I will have to find a way to get them up there to you. Maybe I can meet up with Adam at wolf camera or something? We'll figure it out.

31794ty 07-21-2009 03:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My b4 body should be here by the weekend. I attached pictures. Also my stuff from amain hasn't even shipped yet! The shipping label has been printed but it hasn't even been given to FedEx.

Atomicsickness 07-21-2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 31794ty (Post 6097247)
Also my stuff from amain hasn't even shipped yet! The shipping label has been printed but it hasn't even been given to FedEx.

Yes they are slow this week.... I ordered a few things Sunday night and it was just shipped a few minutes ago. They are normally a lot faster.