Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RC race parkcoming to Mcdonough, Ga

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schumi_f1fan
Bob, would you have made these same comments if Jamey were a JLap customer and Vince was not? If so, then fine. If not, then I think your true motives here have been made clear.
It's funny how people think they know what my motives are! And I don't even have a clue who this person is who posted this post?

Fact is I've supported Jamey and Travis from the start on this project. I'm the one who told Brad, the guy who started the whole project, to call Jamey and get him involved. Even gave him the phone number!

Sure, I would've been more than glad to sell JLap to Jamey! But even after he bought RCSP I made him an offer (and it's still on the table Jamey) to save him $1300 on a new decoder! And this is a deal that I could have passed on to a JLap customer!

Last edited by Bob Malphurs; 05-27-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
It's funny how people think they know what my motives are! And I don't even have a clue who this person is who posted this post?
My name is Gene Snipes and I never presumed to know what your motives are, but you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit. You can't support both sides on this issue, really, yet you are trying to do just that. You say you've supported Jamey and Travis from the beginning. Yet here you are, defending someone who is attacking the very people you say you support.

Just doesn't make sense.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Guess I'm missing something here, I only saw one post from here VRP. Didn't look to damning to me!

Ok Gene, now I know who you are! It was when you wrote "then I think your true motives here have been made clear" sounded to me you were presuming to know what my motives were. Bit of a contradiction on your part as well.

Anyway, I offered Jamey and crew any help I can give, be it swinging a hammer or digging in the dirt. Same help I give to other tracks, JLap or not!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Guess I'm missing something here, I only saw one post from here VRP. Didn't look to damning to me!

Ok Gene, now I know who you are! It was when you wrote "then I think your true motives here have been made clear" sounded to me you were presuming to know what my motives were. Bit of a contradiction on your part as well.

Anyway, I offered Jamey and crew any help I can give, be it swinging a hammer or digging in the dirt. Same help I give to other tracks, JLap or not!
Bob, for clarification, allow me to repost my comment in its entirety. After which, I think you will see there is no contradiction.

Bob, would you have made these same comments if Jamey were a JLap customer and Vince was not? If so, then fine. If not, then I think your true motives here have been made clear.
Specifically, let me point out this part:
Bob, would you have made these same comments if Jamey were a JLap customer and Vince was not? If so, then fine.
You say you will help any track, JLap customer or not, so you have validated the first part of my statement, which renders the last portion moot. Thank you for clarifying.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

In my opinion, this is exactly what these type people do.
They sit around thinking of ways that they can pit others against one another with disinformation and lies. All of the "so called" facts stated by the accusers are based on the assumption that someone (JP) is a dishonest and greedy person, which anyone that has ever met the man, knows this to be the farthest from the truth.
I know that there are people sitting around right at this very moment, laughing at the uproar they have caused here!!!
Hopefully these people can see that there are enough people on board with JP and believe in him and his friends to know that this is meant to help and not hurt, anyone, and just possibly might back fire on them!!!
Noone will ever be able to change the type people that go behind everyones back and lie for personal gain, they will always be able to justify it to themselves some how. The honest man will never understand them or their methods.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh and by the way, this is not the only forum this it getting spreaded around on, so some may not be able to see all of the hate and filth being spread, believe me its out there, and its too bad that so many are envolved and have been tainted with disinformation at this point.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modhobby
This post is probably the most profound post in recent time. I couldn't have written it better. I think anyone from Georgia to California could learn from these wise words. Good job Gene.
Amen, Gene that post was great stuff. It neither supported nor bashed either side.. just pointed out the reality.

Originally Posted by off road god
Gentlemen,at the moment in this thread there are some real cheese eating,wine(whine!) sipping jerks......
Psstt.. look closer.. my comment was about LAWN MOWER RACING...

WAY TO FAIL, NUB!

Oh and... Vince.. look.. I just got accused of supporting you #@!!@#!#!! I can't win or lose! :P How can I support you if I'm bashing you? I'm so confused!##!#@! :P
Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

guys i think you are looking at this by paint strokes alone and not the picture being painted.

harry is not vince and vince never said anything about wool or profits or eyes or any of that stuff. vince is being witch hunted here for asking a sensible question,and also for something one of his regulars posted. when you go to the rec dept you dont have to pay to have a 5 on 5 softball game do you? so he was wondering if we were going to have to pay to practice on non-race days and through the week.may not have been worded the best,but hes not in communications hes in racing.

jp does do alot for the support of racers and races and dedicates alot of time to his hobby and his passion and no one and i mean no one should under mine his intentions on what he is doing.

gene glad to see you fell right back into place after being gone for a while. GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!

xeon you need some counsiling. i can almost guarntee any post you wind up on is going to be complaining and whining. not sure why you are critising vrp but grow up or disscuss it with him like a man.

now if anyone wants to read my post on garc about all the tracks that have sprung up lately please go and read. if there was a little more coop between track owers there would be a better turn out. if we didnt have "locals" putting in there two cents they no nothing about and wanting change back we would be better off. if you dont like a facility talk with the owner and then come up with one solution for every complaint and we will get a lot farther. i want a race scene like southern cali,but with all the drama and back stabbing we are set for great failure at this point.

we need to leave jp and vince alone being as none of us has seen or heard a single post from either of them in all these tantrums.

scott ross
Old 05-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flippz
guys i think you are looking at this by paint strokes alone and not the picture being painted.

harry is not vince and vince never said anything about wool or profits or eyes or any of that stuff. vince is being witch hunted here for asking a sensible question,and also for something one of his regulars posted. when you go to the rec dept you dont have to pay to have a 5 on 5 softball game do you? so he was wondering if we were going to have to pay to practice on non-race days and through the week.may not have been worded the best,but hes not in communications hes in racing.

jp does do alot for the support of racers and races and dedicates alot of time to his hobby and his passion and no one and i mean no one should under mine his intentions on what he is doing.

gene glad to see you fell right back into place after being gone for a while. GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!

xeon you need some counsiling. i can almost guarntee any post you wind up on is going to be complaining and whining. not sure why you are critising vrp but grow up or disscuss it with him like a man.

now if anyone wants to read my post on garc about all the tracks that have sprung up lately please go and read. if there was a little more coop between track owers there would be a better turn out. if we didnt have "locals" putting in there two cents they no nothing about and wanting change back we would be better off. if you dont like a facility talk with the owner and then come up with one solution for every complaint and we will get a lot farther. i want a race scene like southern cali,but with all the drama and back stabbing we are set for great failure at this point.

we need to leave jp and vince alone being as none of us has seen or heard a single post from either of them in all these tantrums.

scott ross
It is not between jp and vince. It is between jp and henry county.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

epic way to miss scott, vincey-poo and I have long since chatted out his issues.. he just wants a big manly hug from me.. and who am I to say no?

Don't worry buddy, you're still my favorite AE dork!!!!

Also...
counseling, guarantee, criticizing, discuss

Also agree.. though the drama rages on
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigde2001
Yea it sounds like jamie is looking to pull the wool over somebodies eyes considering all the work he does for the GCS for no personal gain, but since you stepped up why should how it operated be any of vrp's business?

This Gov't facility is in direct competition with his track. Thats why he should be worried about it. How do you expect a private business owner to be able to compete with the Gov't money? This does just affect VRP but any other private track in close proximity.

And for the record I am a Tax payer in the county where this track is going so it is my business. And no where have I said I hope this track fails. My biggest concern is that a Gov't facility putting another private business under. I don't think JP has these intentions but it could be the unintentional outcome if all the tracks don't work together on scheduling races.

Who do you think has the deepest pockets?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairdog
This Gov't facility is in direct competition with his track. Thats why he should be worried about it. How do you expect a private business owner to be able to compete with the Gov't money? This does just affect VRP but any other private track in close proximity.

And for the record I am a Tax payer in the county where this track is going so it is my business. And no where have I said I hope this track fails. My biggest concern is that a Gov't facility putting another private business under. I don't think JP has these intentions but it could be the unintentional outcome if all the tracks don't work together on scheduling races.

I understand you concerns here. I support the new track but by no means do I want vrp to be affected in a bad way. I own Battlefield Raceway and my track was built for a year and then Ed opened up a track named Dalton Raceway less than 30 min away. I and Ed come together and now we hold the NGSNS each year and we have great turn outs. My track is in a city park and Eds is not but we both have premium tracks and work together. If you pay attention to businesses they compete for customers. Home depot and lowes next door to each other, auto zone and advanced auto, CVS and Walgreens, KFC and churches chicken and so forth. You get my point and that is whats great about America no businesses get to monopalize one area. Business will just have to step up there A game.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm glad you see my point. I understand what your saying about the competition between Home Depot and Lowes or Mc Donald's or Wendy's. Thats private business competing against each other.

In the instance with Vrp or Loganville and the Wasteland you have the private sector and Big brother against each other. Like I stated in my last post when the Gov't starts a program or business it usually starts with good intentions but more times than not it's outcome turns bad for the private sector. i.e. private business going under.

I in no way think JP has these intentions. I think he is a guy with a good vision to try and grow our great sport. I just hope this facility can work togther with the private owed ones like you did . That would definately be a win win for everyone.

JP I apologize for any negative comments I might have made. They were made out of misinformation I thought was right. I'm human. I also know how to admit my mistakes too. The info I got from Mr. Coley set me straight. Now I know all the facts and understand the whole situation.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairdog

All the money in the world doesn't count for scrap if you can only run 1 weekend a month because of other parks and recreations activities. Vince will have no problem if he can be as personable and friendly as other's have been in the past. Vince can be personable in person, but online he can be a very different person that turns people off to the sport and his track. If he could be the same person online that he was in person when I was at his track I think people would have a better outlook on him and his track.

I sent a few PM's with another member of the forum whom I applauded for one of his responses and discussed that what we need is more tracks. There are people who wont get into the hobby because there isn't a track within a reasonable 45 minuete or so drive. There are gas guys here in rome that have sold there stuff because we dont run gas cars and they dont want to drive all the way to dalton to race, however those are the same people that would drive to another state to run a big trophy race and pay double the entery fee or run a series race in the state with a slightly higher entery fee if they still had there stuff and a more local track to run a weekly fun club race at.

Now I myself am fairly new at this, I could be very wrong. But thats the way that I have seen things.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

group hug? who needs one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.