Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New RC race parkcoming to Mcdonough, Ga

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jp i feel for you man. dealing with the county can be a pain. it will definately slow progress to a track. i'm sure yall will have it ready for gcs. i can't wait.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

when do you think the track will be ready to race on? this summer you think?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
VRP
Tech Regular

So if Henry County and the Tax Payers are paying for the land, dirt , lights, water ,sewer and Maintenance of this new Track, does this mean there are no Practice or Race Fee's...?

If there are fee's who gets them..?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I'm sure in order to get the County to do all that they have to have a club or Association of some sort. The Club I'm sure will work the the County on getting Kids to the Park to play. This is common knoledge I thought.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRP
So if Henry County and the Tax Payers are paying for the land, dirt , lights, water ,sewer and Maintenance of this new Track, does this mean there are no Practice or Race Fee's...?

It's ok Vince.. we all know where to go when we want our shower :P
Old 05-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if it is ran like the ocala fl rc park then any $ goes back to the parks and rec dept and then redivided for other outlet ie. baseball uniforms practice balls and maintance of the dept. you also will have to have a voted board of comissioners to make decisions like changing the lay out and the schedule of the races. also (in ocala) there is no racing on the days there are scheduled events liek baseball and football games or tennis matches. the guys in fl say that gets a little aggravating due to the busy schedules of the seasons. now this is all off talking with the guys in fl that run the track for the rec dept down there and may be a little diffrent up here.

i dont think jp will be able to retire any time soon though.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flippz
if it is ran like the ocala fl rc park then any $ goes back to the parks and rec dept and then redivided for other outlet ie. baseball uniforms practice balls and maintance of the dept. you also will have to have a voted board of comissioners to make decisions like changing the lay out and the schedule of the races. also (in ocala) there is no racing on the days there are scheduled events liek baseball and football games or tennis matches. the guys in fl say that gets a little aggravating due to the busy schedules of the seasons. now this is all off talking with the guys in fl that run the track for the rec dept down there and may be a little diffrent up here.
How is that Ocala track? I raced with ORCCC from 1999 - 2003 when they were at another county park (1999-2000) and then at A2Z Pest Control (2000 - 2003) in North Ocala. I moved to Atlanta when they were building the current track.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Why not try and get in contact with SCORE. That track has been in Lake Meyer Park, Savannah GA. for years and quite sure would be the best example.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorge3-16
How is that Ocala track? I raced with ORCCC from 1999 - 2003 when they were at another county park (1999-2000) and then at A2Z Pest Control (2000 - 2003) in North Ocala. I moved to Atlanta when they were building the current track.
they have really gone to the electric side (1/10). small track now and hard to run 1/8 on it. nice facility though.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Rookie

dont give up on on road........
we are out here. build it they will come.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VRP

I would hope that that who is maintaining and running the races would at least get paid for their time because there is alot hard work involved in it but that would be between the county and track director.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Do you not think VRP knows how much work goes into running a track since he owns one? Vince is just showing his concern of a Gov't facility having a impact on his private business.

I talked to the head of parks and rec. in Henry county and he told me that anyone can rent the track and hold races as long as they have the knowledge and means to promote the race themselves. Also due to the track being in close proximity to a paintball complex and lawnmower racing track that it would not be able to run every weekend due to scheduling conflicts with the other facilities.

I have learned alot about this track in the last week. Some of it very interesting.

Last edited by hairdog; 05-27-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Need to think before opening the mouth.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairdog
Do you not think VRP knows how much work goes into running a track since he owns one? I think what Vince is trying to convey is that he hopes the people running the track for the county aren't puling the wool over their eyes in order to get personal gain out of it.

I talked to the head of parks and rec. in Henry county and he told me that anyone can rent the track and hold races as long as they have the knowledge and means to promote the race themselves. Also due to the track being in close proximity to a paintball complex and lawnmower racing track that it would not be able to run every weekend due to scheduling conflicts with the other facilities.

I have learned alot about this track in the last week. Some of it very interesting.
Yea it sounds like jamie is looking to pull the wool over somebodies eyes considering all the work he does for the GCS for no personal gain, but since you stepped up why should how it operated be any of vrp's business?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairdog
Also due to the track being in close proximity to a paintball complex and lawnmower racing track
Crossing Henry County off of the places I want to go before I die. *SKIP*

:P
Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I question the motivations of those who do not wish the track in Henry County to succeed.

Last edited by drdsanders; 05-26-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.