Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PrimeTime 05/09/09 Who's Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that 6c/lipo and a 540 motor would be great.

And.....the TCS race has been rescheduled for june, i think the 11th.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Memphis TCS race is June 14th. And they are racing F1.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Had fun on Saturday. Glad the weather held up its end of the bargin all day. I really, really, really got bit by the 2wd Buggy bug today. Thanks FATKAT for letting me run your buggy after the mains. Handles a lot better than my Slash! Look for me to be running a B4 next week along side Mr. Turtle.

Great news!! I tested my KO radio system out and it performed flawlessly in the Slash. It seems all my radio issues were related to that bad cap I removed today. Looks like my B4 will have KO afterall!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I think I should Tech your "KO" before your allowed to use it
Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh lets see where to begin... GT40 stinks...GT40 stinks ... GT40 stinks. Other than that another great day of racing. Only down side is Randy beat me in almost every race we ran. Slash class was a blast as usual the track, wood jumps or not is really coming in great. I like the idea that its a little different every week.

F1's were fun while they lasted, just need a couple more and more to stay around all day, hint, hint. Its too bad the onroad is straglers only but at least the offroad is keeping constant with bigger and bigger classes. Maybe we can add a 4wd class soon.

p.s. No physical pic of you putting me into the track intrance Randy but I have a mental image Can it get any better?????
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

ok i missed this race but I will be there(good lord willin') for the race on the 30th. F1 and MINI, so guys let's talk it up and get some more onroad goin'
Old 05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hairy
ok i missed this race but I will be there(good lord willin') for the race on the 30th. F1 and MINI, so guys let's talk it up and get some more onroad goin'
Which F1 you going to run hairy? The 4 that raced yesterday were all 4cell. I'll be sure and bring my mini too.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

6c/540
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairy
6c/540
So far that is a vote to keep it as 6 cell/LiPo for spec. That is what was decided to start with but I'm easy. If everyone want's to go 4 cell/ 540 then so be it. The only thing is when it gets close to TCS time any local driver that want's to run TCS legal can do so to get some laps in before the Memphis race. Does that work for everybody?
Come to think of it I was giving GT40 a hard time for having the HPI out there but after thinking about it he was the only legal car there unless Tommy was using 6 cells. I love racing, you guys make it more interesting.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

By the way, that was Claytons first time racing and he loved it. He said he was sorry for getting in everyones way. He will be back and will practice more before the race.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay George now your confusing me. Spell it out for someone slow like myself.

F1 Spec 6 cell / 540 = mabuchi or johnson

F1 4 cell / any 27turn motor

"Come to think of it I was giving GT40 a hard time for having the HPI out there but after thinking about it he was the only legal car there unless Tommy was using 6 cells."

GT40 was the only one who didn't have a mabuchi or johnson motor unless you had something else in claytons. Me and Tommy had 540's in ours. Everyone had 4 cell packs. So what class were we running? I had a 27turn epic motor with a 6 cell pack in my other F1 but didnt run it cause everyone was running 4 cells.

I was assuming 540 meant the mini cooper style motors but like I said I only know what I piece together from threads here and there.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm still confused on the F1's a bit too. I thought it was 4 cell 27T or 6 cell mabuchi. But on the positive side, that is the first time I have ever had a faster car than anyone else. I still lost 2 out of the 3 races though.
Randy, I only beat you once out of 3 tries in Slash too, and I am truly sorry for intentionally putting you in the fence! I realized for the first time yesterday that I am a dirty driver! Oh yeah, thanks Randy and Shaun for your help in the pits.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
I had a 27turn epic motor with a 6 cell pack in my other F1 but didnt run it cause everyone was running 4 cells.

I was assuming 540 meant the mini cooper style motors but like I said I only know what I piece together from threads here and there.
I have a lipo pack in my world GT car with a 21.5 brushless, Id be interested to see the real difference in the brushed and brushless motors. Supposedly I should have a 17.5 to be on a level playing field with you but Im willing to bet the 21.5 will still outrun the 27 turn brushed.

I would have ran the WGT car with yall this last weekend but I accedentaly shorted out the lipo pack in it and destroyed it

Guess its time to get the 3200 pack out of the Slash and get a bigger pack for it so I can use the 3200 in the WGT car
Old 05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FordGT40
I'm still confused on the F1's a bit too. I thought it was 4 cell 27T or 6 cell mabuchi. But on the positive side, that is the first time I have ever had a faster car than anyone else. I still lost 2 out of the 3 races though.
Randy, I only beat you once out of 3 tries in Slash too, and I am truly sorry for intentionally putting you in the fence! I realized for the first time yesterday that I am a dirty driver! Oh yeah, thanks Randy and Shaun for your help in the pits.
The only thing I was thinking of after it happened was that if I could of only hit the brake But thats not in my blood, so hitting the wall was as much me as you That to me is just racing, side by side racing something is going to happen. I had a blast, that F1 thing though is getting old. I thought it was going to be a simple class but now I'm not so sure. I may concentrate on slash and 2wd for a while and leave F1 alone.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

sorry i did not mean to create confusion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.