Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll be there with my TC5 one way or another. Just pick a day
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I will be running the races this weekend at PT. I feel that feedback from the racers is the best way to make the event as fun as possible. I'd like to know how everyone feels about some things so I can quickly set up the lap counting software at the track and run things as smoothly as possible.

1-Race length. Quals and Mains will be the same length.
2-Number of qualifiers.
3-Type of starts for qualifiers (IFMAR vs group start)
4-B Main bump-ups.
5-Or any suggestions you may have.

Thanks guys.
I vote for shorter Quals. and Mains. I don't have all that fancy LiPo stuff most of you have.

I would'nt even know where to start.

Last edited by FATKAT; 03-25-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: :)
Old 03-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Adam - You mean I don't need a deluxe $300 set-up system for a $180 truck?

I found an old adjustable camber gauge for off-road in some of my old RC junk today. That should be enough to keep me busy in between races. That and some carbon fiber tape and I'll be all right!! Oh.....can't forget the mini shop vac to keep my pit space nice and clean!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Ill probobly show up with a slash and the world GT car if it looks nice sunday or saturday. Till then...

The old off-road track re-vamped and the soon to be new short course off-road track built specificaly for the slash and other slower electric off-road buggies/truggies (thanks to Shaunmac, TeamTurtle, and Eddie C.)
Is the course not going to use the oval?

I say cut the grass as short as possible, figure out how to add jumps that would be weather proof(or easily moved to protect them from rain), and lets rock that new course and the old.

On a related note, how many people do we have that have something to run other than a slash, specifically 10th scale 4wd buggies?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

We decided to only use the inside of the oval. The dirt on the oval is rocky and the traction is poor for the electric vehicles. The dirt in the infield is nice top soil that will be perfect once we wear down the grass. We were planning on scalping the grass as short as possible before we race. As far as the jumps go. We will eventually bring in some clean dirt to build the jumps. Until then we were talking about building some smaller wooden jumps like they use indoors on carpet. Then when the race is over, just store them in the pit area out of the weather.

All lanes in the infield layout are at least 8ft wide. Plenty of room for side by side racing. Even for the larger Slashes. I have a couple of small tweaks I'd like to do to the layout to better take advantage of all the infield space and provide a bigger staging area for side by side group starts if we decide to do so.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey shaun are you going to run onroad on sunday ?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Start

How about about a self-regulated IFMAR start? Have the computer set up for IFMAR counting with the starting grace period. Then, let everone start as they like on the horn. Those that want to jump out front and race can, and those that want some clean track can wait a bit. This way everyone is happy.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nicholas cline
Hey shaun are you going to run onroad on sunday ?
My touring car is parked for the summer. I'm going to get a Slash and play in the dirt for a much needed scene change.

Originally Posted by BBRoadRacer
How about about a self-regulated IFMAR start? Have the computer set up for IFMAR counting with the starting grace period. Then, let everone start as they like on the horn. Those that want to jump out front and race can, and those that want some clean track can wait a bit. This way everyone is happy.
I think that's more of a nitro racing thing. Racers run a few laps to get engines up to temp and top off right before the track is HOT. We could use this start in electric. Once everyone is out on the track and has checked in, the horn will sound and then it's up to the driver when to start. That way the lazy announcer(me) doesn't have to say: Go Fred, Go Hector, Go Jack and so on....

Good suggestion Bernie. Do you have a Slash?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
My touring car is parked for the summer. I'm going to get a Slash and play in the dirt for a much needed scene change.

I think that's more of a nitro racing thing. Racers run a few laps to get engines up to temp and top off right before the track is HOT. We could use this start in electric. Once everyone is out on the track and has checked in, the horn will sound and then it's up to the driver when to start. That way the lazy announcer(me) doesn't have to say: Go Fred, Go Hector, Go Jack and so on....

Good suggestion Bernie. Do you have a Slash?
Can I be Hector?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Team Turtle Hectooooooooooooor
Old 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slash question, anyone running lipo's? If so what lipo safety are you using? I've seen a couple of differnt ones but don't know enough to know which one I need. I found one but it says its not compatible with the blue traxxas ESC and thats whats in my truck. I was wanting to run my orion cabon 4800's.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
Slash question, anyone running lipo's? If so what lipo safety are you using? I've seen a couple of differnt ones but don't know enough to know which one I need. I found one but it says its not compatible with the blue traxxas ESC and thats whats in my truck. I was wanting to run my orion cabon 4800's.
I am not running one. Me and eddie ran the GCS race sunday with a 10 min main. After running I recharged my lipo and only used 3300mah from a 5000 pack. Just don't run it more than that and you should be fine. The motor in these things are crap so the don;t pull alot of juice.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Alright guys you know you have'em so bring them out Sunday. As of now the weather looks pretty good for sunday. The track will be european so say the least but will be nearly slash specific. We will run electric only on the infield of the dirt oval. 90'x40' plenty big enough for slashes and othe 1/10 scale electric. The jumps will be built out of plywood (by ME) so no trashing them til you see them.. It will be fun close racing for all. So get them out charge them up and lets get this offroad season kicked off right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
LVA

time for Sunday?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

track opens at 10am. I'll be there earlier to get things ready. Still watching the weather but looks good right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.