Wiki Posts
Search

Sugarbowl questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sugarbowl questions...

First off, let me introduce myself...

I have been an RC'er for years, but just got into the Nitro stuff about 5 years ago. I have a few good buddies that are in the same boat as me...we just tool around with ours and run them on some homemade junk tracks that we've made. We're looking to get into it a little deeper.

I have a fairly stock T-Maxx 2.5. One of my buddies has a REVO, and the other 2 have the 3.3's.

I live about a mile from the Sugarbowl and it's been about 3 years since I've visited. I actually thought it was shut down. I've seen A LOT of threads here about the on road stuff and it seems as though the off road track may need some work.

So...WITHOUT STEPPING OVER MY BOUNDARIES...

I was wondering who the owner/owner's of the land are. Are there any times/days that people go up and clean/organize/fix stuff on the tracks themselves? My job allows me A LOT of time off and I love working outside. If there is a volunteer group that helps clean the place up, I'd like to help out. I am mainly interested in the off road stuff for now, but am MORE THAN WILLING to help out the road guys because that's where the interest seems to be. CAN I HELP?!

Secondly, Hobbytown USA in Cumming is about 5 miles from the Sugarbowl and I know people are in and out of that store all of the time. Should we/can we post some sort of flyer there to recruit people, or can you have too many people show up on race day?

3) Are there any membership dues associated with the Sugarbowl?

That should do it for now. Yall have me fired up about the track coming back!

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet yall soon!

Eric
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Its really a grey area. The owners live 2 houses up on the left side of teh road. They have the 3 or 4 cars in the drive way. 2 of which are old. Ones a blazer. The owners name is Shelly Bailey. Wife is Jan. Go ask them personally.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I know exactly who you're talking about. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Its really a grey area. The owners live 2 houses up on the left side of teh road. They have the 3 or 4 cars in the drive way. 2 of which are old. Ones a blazer. The owners name is Shelly Bailey. Wife is Jan. Go ask them personally.
The Baileys don't own this any more (I am told). The story is that this property was finally sold and will be eventually redeveloped into something else that is not rc related. Some of the guys met someone on the property that was identified as the owner (?) and he basically said to enjoy it while it is still there.

That is the story I heard

Lee
Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
I don't think it a good idea to encourage people to go to the Bailey's house and bother them with questions about the track. They have retired from this business and moved on with their lives. If they had any interest in it they would be coming by ocassionally, which they aren't.

It is what it is now. Property sold and the bulldozers will be there one day!