Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Class Rules for Dalton RC and Battlefield RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91
I ran a 7 Cell the last race, and on the straights I was getting pulled by a guy running Li-Po. Ni-Mh has the handicap.

I ran a 4200 7 Cell, and I could tell when a li-po was coming up on me...

i too ran a 3000 7 cell at the toys for tots race.. took 2nd place.. i could tell who ran lipo but i was still very competitive. i took 1st in the second race running a 6 cell battery and i was not far off the TQ spot if i recall..it all comes down to who rolls over more
Old 12-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

also thank Dion and Ed for losing several Slash racers.
Randy Bailey[/QUOTE]

Not to insult the slash drivers that will be lost because of the rules, But I will lose more by not allowing the proline wheels and tires. All I got to say is were lucky enough to have 2 outstanding racing facilities at our disposal. As for Randy and Josh ya'll couldnt beat me if were using the proline wheels and tires with me still running stock. I aint SCARED!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"This is like deja vu all over again"-Yogi Berra
Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i give up
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

"That boy's got alot of quit in him"-Ron White
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

It sounds like organized RC racing is just destined to die a slow death. There is just no way a track owner can satisfy everyone and make a profit. I feel your pain track owners but I have my own problems. I don't know how anyone could purchase the real estate, set up a track and hobby shop, and make a living off of it. I'll take a look at the Slash racing scene after Christmas if there is one, but it looks like I'll probably be doing more back yard racing than anything else. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but it just seems like the RC community can never agree on anything, the egos are just too big, everyone wants to either win or blame rules, equipment or someone else because they can't. I take that back, not everyone, just enough to discourage the people who want to come out and have fun with their toys.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FordGT40
It sounds like organized RC racing is just destined to die a slow death. There is just no way a track owner can satisfy everyone and make a profit............ Sorry to sound so pessimistic but it just seems like the RC community can never agree on anything, the egos are just too big, everyone wants to either win or blame rules, equipment or someone else because they can't. I take that back, not everyone, just enough to discourage the people who want to come out and have fun with their toys.
Agreed
Old 12-21-2008, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont worry about the forums Randy, I wish I could quit reading them but they crack me up. Its just like at primetime, a bunch of whinning by mostly guys that dont show up. At the track everyone is laughing and helping everyone. Trust me the slash class will be just like the mini coopers. Alot of these guys I'm sure at sitting back laughing at all the arguments they can get started by a few comments.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OH and I forgot, Thanks Ed and Dion. I know alot of people say stuff on here. But you guys still have the best if not the only tracks around. So many will have to talk crap and still race at your tracks however you set up your rules. If it was my backyard I'd make the rules too.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

It sounds like organized RC racing is just destined to die a slow death. There is just no way a track owner can satisfy everyone and make a profit. I feel your pain track owners but I have my own problems. I don't know how anyone could purchase the real estate, set up a track and hobby shop, and make a living off of it. I'll take a look at the Slash racing scene after Christmas if there is one, but it looks like I'll probably be doing more back yard racing than anything else. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but it just seems like the RC community can never agree on anything, the egos are just too big, everyone wants to either win or blame rules, equipment or someone else because they can't. I take that back, not everyone, just enough to discourage the people who want to come out and have fun with their toys.
I'll quote the great Derek Buono. Everyone has the solution to fix R/C, but we would all rather sit here and B*tch about it on the internet, and not fix it or discuss it like reasonable grown men.

If anyone hasn't, go buy this Month's Issue of XRC, Derek has a great piece on a subject similar to this.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Well we have all seen more than one track die when the person behind it just threw their hands up and said,"Im done with this!" And the biggest reason for that is usually whinning and general unappreciativeness. (Did I just make up a word?) I havent run dirt since a few times at the winners circle and something like the slash class is what it would take to get me back in. I havent seen them run, but unless the Proline users are running away from the rest of the field I dont see a problem with the tire rule.

As far as real estate goes you are right! Its about impossible to maintain a mortgage on what you can make in this hobby. Its my understanding that both Battlefield and Dalton RC tracks are built on land thats extended to the sport by grace of the management of such property. Wether that be Brindle Brothers or the city of Rossville. I could be wrong about that. But its my impression that without someones generosity neither track would be possible.

To anyone that is thinking about getting into this sport, when you read this forum please realize that all the dirty laundry is on here. All the grievances are aired on this forum. Its never like this at the track. Go to the track and listen to the laughter and the nitro. Smell the nitro. Smells better than fresh baked cookies.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 34Randy
In all forms of motor sports from slot cars to F-1, the tire is the ultimate performance factor. More so than engine, aerodynamics or even weight. If anyone thinks the Proline tires won't offer an advantage, you will be sorely disappointed come race day. They will make an even bigger difference on lower performing vehicles such as the Slash were corner speed is the key.
And Chris Powers, also thank Dion and Ed for losing several Slash racers.
Randy Bailey
I think before you quit or sell your stuff, you should go race and see what happens. I know that all the extra aftermarket parts don't help some people and I am one of those people. After all isn't all about fun, win or lose?
Chris Powers
Old 12-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NuthinFancy91
I ran a 7 Cell the last race, and on the straights I was getting pulled by a guy running Li-Po. Ni-Mh has the handicap.

I ran a 4200 7 Cell, and I could tell when a li-po was coming up on me...

If your 7-Cell NiMH pack is getting pulled by a lower voltage LiPO pack. It sounds like it's time for some new packs. Even with 6-cell you shouldn't notice a big difference on the track.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You shouldnt get pulled by a 2cell lipo on a straight. In onroad we have raced using 6cells and competed with the 7.4 lipo and they were dead even when racing. Only difference is that at the end of a run the Nimh will die off when lipo dosent.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
You shouldnt get pulled by a 2cell lipo on a straight. In onroad we have raced using 6cells and competed with the 7.4 lipo and they were dead even when racing. Only difference is that at the end of a run the Nimh will die off when lipo dosent.
That shouldnt be the case though either if your reasoning is fact. A 4200 is a 4200 weather its a lipo or NiMh. the fact of the matter is that the Lipos are just a better class of battery. Melvin was pulling me on the straights with his 21.5 brushless lipo setup and I was running a 13.5 4 cell NiMh. according to the VTA rules I should have been able to keep up with him with a 17.5 4 cell NiMh, its just not going to happen the lipo's are a better breed of battery. of course Im new at this my reasoning could be faulty, thats just what Ive witnessed and theres no other scientific reasoning behind it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.