Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live from the Nexus Racing pits ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rpstar
Well, I'm not new to RC's at all but am new to the 1/12th. Maybe just tell me what you all are racing in the 1/12th. I see that there is the car Nexus sells, the Hot Bodies Cyclone 12 (although strangely absent from their website), the Team Associated 12R5. I see nothing from Tamiya, Kyosho, or Losi in the 1/12th Electric. Who else?

Is it pan cars only?

As long as the races are not on Sunday this stands a pretty good chance of getting me to come so the more information the better.
1/12 is pretty much pan cars only. Your choices would be the Hot Bodies Cyclone 12, the CRC Gen X, Associated 12R5, Speed Merchant, or BMI DB12. Or my Associated 12L3. If you're new to 1/12, its a cheap way to get racing. 1/12 cars have not changed all that much. Driver matters more than the car. I'll sell you mine for $50. It would need electronics, tires, and a body. I'll even throw in 2 4-cell practice packs.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpstar
Well, I'm not new to RC's at all but am new to the 1/12th. Maybe just tell me what you all are racing in the 1/12th. I see that there is the car Nexus sells, the Hot Bodies Cyclone 12 (although strangely absent from their website), the Team Associated 12R5. I see nothing from Tamiya, Kyosho, or Losi in the 1/12th Electric. Who else?

Is it pan cars only?

As long as the races are not on Sunday this stands a pretty good chance of getting me to come so the more information the better.

Yes, it's pan cars only. Due to the nature of the cars, 1/12 scale is a racing class. With the low clearance and driving nature, they are not suited for playing on the street; therefore, the only kits that you see are racing spec. You won't find a starter car. Your choice comes down to which car you like. One thing to remember though is that Nexus will have the replacement parts for the CRC car if you get it from them. So in my opinion, you're best off with the CRC or getting a used car. Any of the associated models are good, and alot of the CRC parts will fit. I don't know much about the cyclone, but if nobody around here is driving one, you would be on your own for parts and setup. If you go with CRC or Associated which are the most popular, you can find plenty of help at the track.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

F-1's F-1's F-1's
Old 09-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hopefully we can run some laps next weekend.....
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alphacat
F-1's F-1's F-1's
Speaking of that, Andy and I were talking about the series and he want's to know if the tour can race there. Probably 4 cell only. Gimme some thought on this.