Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New track at Primetime?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

We shoud not have to have a on line store. All we need to do is sell some tires and bodys and batterys now and then. I have to listen to guys brag about what they have coming in the mail. And what they bout on line. And see others sell at the track. when i empty the trash i see lots of packages of tires batterys . and stuff that i wish we could sell.We have for the same price. heck i even seen a package where some one stoped at radio shack and bout 12 aa baterys and a 3000 7.2 and paid more than what we have them in stock for. and to top it off they stoped at the radio shack in calhoun..!!!!! NOW THATS SUPORTING YOUR LOCAL PERM TRACK... SO IF YOU CANT THROW A DOG A BONE WITH SOME BUISSNES THEN DONT EXPECT US TO KEEP YOU A TRACK TO COME PLAY ON !!!!!no wonder thers no perm tracks!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Being a track owner myself...

ease up on the man you have no idea the time, money and dedication it takes to run a track/hobbyshop. You get very little thanks and come up short a lot of times on what you need to keep things going.

and he is right very few people buy from the hobbyshop locals or otherwise.
The internet has killed the hobby... good for the racers bad for the tracks that are trying to keep the doors open.

and people blame hobbyshop prices...

Well just to prove everyone wrong I offered a deal that I'd order ANYTHING at 10% over my cost +tax for a month just to see if people would spend more money with me... guess what I had 5 takers period. that's just plain sad. its not even the price its just plain laziness and not wanting to pick it up.

I personally lost $10,000 last year to keep my track open which means I have to work a f/t job elsewhere just to keep the doors open. If I didn't really like racing and the hobby I wouldn't have kept it open this long.

So before you crucify someone listen to what they are saying... If it was coming out of your own pocket you'd view it differently. and if you want a nice track to race at spend your money with the shop b/c entry fees don't even come close to paying the rent/upkeep.

later

Michael
.............. ............. ............. ............
Old 02-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Being a track owner myself...

ease up on the man you have no idea the time, money and dedication it takes to run a track/hobbyshop. You get very little thanks and come up short a lot of times on what you need to keep things going.

and he is right very few people buy from the hobbyshop locals or otherwise.
The internet has killed the hobby... good for the racers bad for the tracks that are trying to keep the doors open.

and people blame hobbyshop prices...

Well just to prove everyone wrong I offered a deal that I'd order ANYTHING at 10% over my cost +tax for a month just to see if people would spend more money with me... guess what I had 5 takers period. that's just plain sad. its not even the price its just plain laziness and not wanting to pick it up.

I personally lost $10,000 last year to keep my track open which means I have to work a f/t job elsewhere just to keep the doors open. If I didn't really like racing and the hobby I wouldn't have kept it open this long.

So before you crucify someone listen to what they are saying... If it was coming out of your own pocket you'd view it differently. and if you want a nice track to race at spend your money with the shop b/c entry fees don't even come close to paying the rent/upkeep.

later

Michael
I AM GLAD TO SEE SOME ONE CAN SEE THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tommy you have a pm
Old 02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Well, if you know your customers(racers) prefer to order online/mail order. Why in the world wouldn't you want to be online getting all their business?

People are getting lazier and lazier these days. This isn't any big surprise. It's become the American Way! Online shopping IS taking over! There's no way around it. There are very few(if any) businesses these days that aren't also online in some way, shape or form. As a business, you need to look at ways to use online shopping to your advantage.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Well, if you know your customers(racers) prefer to order online/mail order. Why in the world wouldn't you want to be online getting all their business?

People are getting lazier and lazier these days. This isn't any big surprise. It's become the American Way! Online shopping IS taking over! There's no way around it. There are very few(if any) businesses these days that aren't also online in some way, shape or form. As a business, you need to look at ways to use online shopping to your advantage.
Because Dion (Battlefield R/C ) is a friend of mine i get what i can through him, bodies, wings, clutch bells, etc.. but if i didn't go the friend route i would shop online because they send me discount's via email and it's not a lazy thing it's called i work and time is hard for me to just run to my L H S whenever i want parts
Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have to say this. If I break my car and need a part or if it's something that I want and it's not in the store at that time I'm there, guess what? I'm going to go online and I'll have it in 3-4 days. It takes me nearly 1 hour and 45 mins to get to PT. I'm not going to drive that far to pick up a part. Sorry I just can't do that not when all I have to do is point and click. I buy at the shop all the time but what am I supposed to do during the 2 weeks that I don't come?