Wiki Posts
Search

newsletter

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
Not so much from Alabama but we do get regular TN drivers here from the Cooper Motorsports onroad and the Cleveland TN area for offroad. Gary Williams in Cleveland is working on a new onroad course there also. Most of them are regulars at PT on any given weekend. I guess I could help in that department since I live almost on the state line. Oh boy! Back to typing.

People want info as soon as they can get it. Even when they were there and know who won each class. Maybe some online results and coverage every week that are sent in from local racers with the whole package once a month? Just a thought.
great, thanks for the offer...the magazine biz is pretty rewarding to be involved in and I look forward to getting back into it a bit.
When we did the monthly short track mag we would not do too much results for that very reason but would do features on larger events. I think you would be right...local weekly stuff on the support website.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mxrich
I like the way you want to do the different pages. The spotlight and news shorts are a good idea.
I am thinking about only allowing Georgia hobby shops to advertise so they are not competing with the mega shops. With the exception of having national manufacturers sponsor the departments, etc. Example....Nitro Tech sponsored by.................
Old 12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could have on section on Test/Reviews so when someone bought a car or product they could tell you how it is and that would help the people who are considering buying one.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xray XB8
You could have on section on Test/Reviews so when someone bought a car or product they could tell you how it is and that would help the people who are considering buying one.
Will your just saying that because you wish someone told you before you got an XB8, not too.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow! Looks like you've stirred up a lot of interest here Mark. It's great to see all of this brainstorming on this topic. I would like to help if I can...maybe an occaisional freelance article or something. Maybe we could send some of the coverage to local newspapers also to increase exposure of the hobby. The Calhoun Times appears to be desperate for printed material from some of the stuff I read in there. If we could send them some articles with pictures they would probably print them. Especially something like Primetime's Toys for Tots race. If you tie something in with a local charity they love to print that kind of stuff. Great exposure for the hobby plus helping the needy is a win-win situation. Let me know if I can help.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Xray XB8
Good idea
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FordGT40
Wow! Looks like you've stirred up a lot of interest here Mark. It's great to see all of this brainstorming on this topic. I would like to help if I can...maybe an occaisional freelance article or something. Maybe we could send some of the coverage to local newspapers also to increase exposure of the hobby. The Calhoun Times appears to be desperate for printed material from some of the stuff I read in there. If we could send them some articles with pictures they would probably print them. Especially something like Primetime's Toys for Tots race. If you tie something in with a local charity they love to print that kind of stuff. Great exposure for the hobby plus helping the needy is a win-win situation. Let me know if I can help.
Keep watching this thread...lots of good ideas being mentioned and help offered. Kind of starting to take shape.
I would like to be able to get the first issue out in January.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by genesisG4
I am thinking about only allowing Georgia hobby shops to advertise so they are not competing with the mega shops. With the exception of having national manufacturers sponsor the departments, etc. Example....Nitro Tech sponsored by.................
I am all for keeping it local and not allowing the super big hobby shops in. But I dont want to use the state line as the criteria. I just dont want Cooper, T/A or Rick or any other middle TN shop to be ruled out just because they are above that line. Those shops all have people that race in Rossville/Dalton and Calhoun. Extend the limit to a hundred miles from GA and I think you will have it covered.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I am all for keeping it local and not allowing the super big hobby shops in. But I dont want to use the state line as the criteria. I just dont want Cooper, T/A or Rick or any other middle TN shop to be ruled out just because they are above that line. Those shops all have people that race in Rossville/Dalton and Calhoun. Extend the limit to a hundred miles from GA and I think you will have it covered.
I have been thinking about that. Looking at the larger picture I am thinking this could be a template to "franchise" the concept so I am trying to figure out how to handle that potential. Should it be strictly state by state or should it be flexible to the point of calling it a regional newsletter/magazine? This being the Southeast R/C Racers...or whatever? The only problem with regional is it starts getting a lot more involved and time consuming which may or may not be a problem.
Or maybe TN needs to be next on the list for the "franchise"?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

This is what we in the hobby industry have been waiting for .ga and the surounding race tracks has sufford frome lack of intrest for years.there are several tracks in ga that are abandoned.mine including . its a shame that northern and southern are kicking but midle state has no entrest. we need to help this news letter becaus it is one step closer to boosting ga,s dead intrest in the hobby . we have one of the bigest dirt tracks in ga we may see two people a week on it but no racing at all. and its a great track .is it because thers two many tracks or not enouth racers? as a shop and track owner help us find the intrest so all shops and tracks can suport the hobby. or could it be the on line shoping thats making it hard for the shops and tracks. you have my suport any way you look at it. if i can donate to the cause let me know. tj.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PRIME TIME
This is what we in the hobby industry have been waiting for .ga and the surounding race tracks has sufford frome lack of intrest for years.there are several tracks in ga that are abandoned.mine including . its a shame that northern and southern are kicking but midle state has no entrest. we need to help this news letter becaus it is one step closer to boosting ga,s dead intrest in the hobby . we have one of the bigest dirt tracks in ga we may see two people a week on it but no racing at all. and its a great track .is it because thers two many tracks or not enouth racers? as a shop and track owner help us find the intrest so all shops and tracks can suport the hobby. or could it be the on line shoping thats making it hard for the shops and tracks. you have my suport any way you look at it. if i can donate to the cause let me know. tj.
I will try and come up to your shop next Saturday and maybe we can talk a little. I have a lot of ideas and I think the mini magazine/newsletter can be a driving force for the hobby in Georgia. The hobby will continue to struggle without some way to bring new and old people back into the shops and tracks. I think I can structure some advertising/marketing programs that cater to the local hobby shops. We can talk about your concerns as a shop/track owner to help me better understand exactly how to put these ideas together.
It really surprised me that there was not much intersest in trying to run an on road series at Andretti (if they agree to it). This would be like marketing 101...exposing the hobby to thousands of people on a weekend. These are the kind of things that need to be done along with the publication. At the very least some exhibition races need to be run at some high profile events. Maybe even on a Road Atlanta race weekend...who knows. At these events the publication is handed out for free to all interested.
Oh, and why not do some exhibition 1/10 nitro dirt late model races at Dixie Speedway...guarantee that will get enough people interested to run a late model series at your dirt oval!!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

This is great to see some real help with intrest in GA any thing we can do just call on me.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Graphics is where I can help. So let me know if I can make a header, or logo, anything like that.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PRIME TIME
This is great to see some real help with intrest in GA any thing we can do just call on me.
we will talk....thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Graphics is where I can help. So let me know if I can make a header, or logo, anything like that.
that would be very helpful...my wife can do some, but she has little time. I am trying to get her to do a logo tonight, but I think I am wishful thinking! I will let you know in a day or two if she can't get something put together.
We need to figure out if we can all get together at Prime Time or somewhere in the next week or two and get all interested in helping on the same page.
I am going to work on printing prices this week and see what the nut is that the advertising will have to cover to print a decent product...then I/we can work on getting some advert dollars chased down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.