Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Post your Race Resutls/Turnouts Info for new racers! >

Post your Race Resutls/Turnouts Info for new racers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Race Resutls/Turnouts Info for new racers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb Post your Race Resutls/Turnouts Info for new racers!

OK,
Hopefully some offroad guys read the threads, Tell us where you raced last weekend and what type of turnout you had! This will give people information on where to go with their cars.
At Battlefield there were 3 classes: (here are some rough figures)

1/8 scale buggy had 20 entries
Truggy class had about 8 entries
1/10 scale electric had about 6 entries
two of those were nitro stadium trucks.

It was a very nice day, with alot of very nice and helpful racers in attendance.
There were a few big Dogs racing, at least one of them was sponsored by horizon. The other guy Ed is there quite a bit, I'm not sure who sponsors him but he drives a losi 8 VERY FAST!

If for raced at any other track please post a report like this so people will have more race options/info on the weekends.

Dirt!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:18 PM

I raced at Dion's this past weekend and was having a rough day, but my day proved how nice people can be, first my batteries died on the first heat and the guy (i am bad with names) next to me let me use his charger to charge my battery while jabari was racing since I needed his car battery and sold my friend a pair of shocks that would of cost him a lot brand new, for 20 dollars , then the second heat my anti-squat was set past the shock travel and pulled my rear shock apart I managed to find my spring, but after walking the track several times looking for my spring retainer Ed was nice enough to supply me with a new one . Thanks Ed. However, on the warm-ups b-main race after 1 minute left was called some guy turned around on the straight and destroyed the hinge pin, hinge pin holders, hinge pin covers, reamed out my a-arm, and snapped a rod end on my 8ight, this ended my day and really infuriated me because most people can finish a lap in 40 seconds and you can skip half the track by jumping the turns, my car was the only one on the straight and it is about 5 feet wide, and mainly because its a big no no to run the opposite direction on the track... he gave me one front hinge pin cover and a hinge pin... leaving me to have to buy 15 dollars worth of parts, and that 15 dollars came from the money i get doing chores all week just so i can race at Dion's. Bottom line is I think we need to put arrows on the track to let people know not to go the wrong way, and I think there should be a new policy that if there are several witnesses, it was completely the other persons fault, and they were breaking a rule in the process they should have to either give you the parts you need or pay for the parts you need. Oh and my bud Jabari gave me a rod end. ok i am done venting.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Talking Hmmm

Ya know,
The guy that ran into you is actually a real nice guy. (He screwed the pooch)! but he is still very cool. Before the races he came up to me and handed me a bunch of spare parts from the Losi 8 that he sold. He didn't have to do that but he was just being cool. I could tell he was sorry about hitting your car, and he did give you as many parts as he could to fix it. Ed helped me out with a part that I wouldn't think anyone would have on hand. (and he doesn't know me from Adam) The guy that was sponsored by Horizon gave me free o rings for my shocks. So when you showed me your carnage I was happy to give you whatever I could spare! Dude everybody was helpful and nice out there, it was cool.
For the record, driving the wrong way on the track is a really bad thing to do... But it happens sometimes when newer racers don't know the rules yet... I don't know if he is a new racer, I think he was trying to get back to the starting line for the start of the race..... It was a bad judgment call on his part. But I can KINDA see why he thought it was safe to go bass ackwards on the straight in that situation. I'm sure he learned the hard way.
Dirt
Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 PM

I am not mad and didn't intend to give him a bad name, I just really needed to blow of some steam. It is over now, and all is well. I don't hold a grudge against him and understand it was an accident, but the only part that made me cringe was that I knew I was done for the day, I just wish it never happened...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default hehehe

You took it better than I would have.... Heh! Crap happens though!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM

Lol, I can only imagine!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Randy baily would not like yall talking smack about his driving. Lmao
Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default hehehe

He will understand.... This time!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

yeah i seen the crash it was pretty bad, but brendon did mean no harm like jabari said hes a real cool dude but i did hate seeing that happen but i get hit all the time and sometimes my stuff gets broke but what can you do? has for me this weekend had a pretty good first run 2nd behind ed and in the second heat ed and i got threw all the crazy start and after the table my throttle servo burned outand i ended up 5th in the a and got 1 lap and screw come out of my shock but i was really looking forward to that race they was some pretty fast guys in there it would of been fun but Keith and the rest of the guys will be back to race with us agian.but i am really impressed with the way the ocm drives it handles very good, hopefully they will be a good ground for the money race i think cody and garrett will be there next weekend garrett made the a at the pro series this weekend and i think were going to go to nashville saturday for a race hopefully we can make it sunday who all will be there.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxdawg
Randy baily would not like yall talking smack about his driving. Lmao
Now the name is out. Doh!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It usually Dpowers that runs over everyone. At least he was on TQ pace be fore OCM (old crappy machine) failed on him. You better be down here on sunday because I want to beat you again.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:45 AM

Haha I love seein yall talk smak! Well I don't know about the a-main but I sure as heck will be in the b-main! Oh and Randy if thats the name of the person who I had a collision with... I am sorry for acting a lil immature and hope to see you there on Sunday!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigde2001
It usually Dpowers that runs over everyone. At least he was on TQ pace be fore OCM (old crappy machine) failed on him. You better be down here on sunday because I want to beat you again.
bigd the only thing you were beaten was the flys off your foodlike i said bring it on good buddy.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Obviously, you guys didn't fair well in reading comprehension. The name "Brendon" was used to name the driver at fault. How I got drug into this is beyond me, but bad publicity is better than no publicity. That being said, my opinion on the subject is if you do something stupid or blatenly hack someone, apologize and offer to fix the situation. On track contact and damage is part of it and should be expected, as we are not all pros and have all made mistakes. Furthermore, because there are really no physical risks involved in RC racing, bonzai moves and over driving is common, but we should be accountable for our actions on and off the track.
Randy Bailey (that's my real name mxdawg)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.