Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5-5 Saturday Night On-Road Race at Primetime

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default 5-5 Saturday Night On-Road Race at Primetime

This Saturday May 5th "Cinco de Mayo" will be On-Road racing under the lights at Primetime Hobbies for Minis, F1 and Touring.

Since the last night race went a little late this race will start at 5:00pm. Sign up ends at 4:30pm.

3 qualifiers and a Main. - will run 4 qualifiers if time permits.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like alot of fun.

I was up at Primetime yesterday. I was checking everything out and really liked the place. Its nice haveing a shop and track that close to home.

I do have a question though. I have not raced in several years and sold my touring car before I quit racing. I am not looking to spend a fortune to race twice a month. Would I be able to grab a Losi XXX-S brushless RTR and come out and run? I just want to make sure that the brushless system in that car will be allowed in the club races. If its going to be troublesome then I will buy a TC4 or something like that(JXR-S's are pricy) and build it up as I have most of the stuff I would need but is quite out of date by today's standards.

Thanks,

Richard
Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately the XXX-S RTR Brushless combo has the Novak 4300 included. That brushless motor is more like a 19T. Stock 27T is pretty much the biggest class everywhere. The Novak 13.5 Brushless motor is the only BL stock motor available right now. Tekin, LRP and Orion will have 13.5's coming out shortly.

The Novak XBR Sport/EX 13.5 Brushless System for $179 is a good deal on a brushless ESC/motor combo. I would really reccomend going brushless. Many of our current racers are planning to switch to BL real soon.

If you're looking at economically priced Touring cars, here are some suggestions:
- Xray T2R if you can find one IN STOCK
- HB Cyclone S
- HB Cyclone from StormerHobbies for $249 on closeout! It's a great car.
- The Losi JRX-S can be bought for around $259 if you like Losi.
- As far as getting a TC4 goes, I would reccomend waiting for the new TC5. It is a huge leap forward compared to the TC4.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

I like Losi and Associated cause I have all the tools I would need to work on them. I would have to buy metric tools for the other kits.

I have many brushed motors but I don't want to deal with the comm cutting and brush changes. This is going to be my weekend relaxing. I want to charge a pack, throw it in and have fun. I still want to be quick and brushless will let me do that without having to worry about motor maintience. I knew brushless would be the ticket when they dominated the large oval scene(remember the velodromes aka bicycle tracks).

I still have my M8 transmitter, recievers and servos. I still have all my brushed ESC's and motors too.

Do you know where I could find a JRX-S that is not the new type-r? The type-r is over $400 and I think that is nuts for just a kit.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check the For Sale forums for good deals.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Old 04-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If a few more brushless guys stat coming maybe we can split the class and we can call you "Pro Stock"
Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I am going to try the impossible and find the Xray T2R. Does Primetime stock parts for them or will I need to order spares online?

I doubt I will make this night race but will probably bring the RC10GT out to play and watch the night fun.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ihave yet to find anyone who has a T2R in stock. however, if by some mirical you find one, Nexus Racing is your source for Xray parts GL out there.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
Ihave yet to find anyone who has a T2R in stock. however, if by some mirical you find one, Nexus Racing is your source for Xray parts GL out there.
Yeah, thanks for the info. If I can't find one I will goto Stormer and get the Cyclone. $500 for a car and brushless seems like a good deal to me.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
Do you know where I could find a JRX-S that is not the new type-r? The type-r is over $400 and I think that is nuts for just a kit.
www.ampdraw.com has the JRX-S for $259

If you get the $249 Cyclone from Stormer, you might want to get a diff for the front end, fixed center pulley and direct layshaft.

Part #'s
-HOT70725 Hot Bodies Cyclone 16T Center Pulley
-HOT70743 Hot Bodies Cyclone Center Shaft for Direct Drive
-HOT61393 Hot Bodies Cyclone Complete Ball Diff for Front or Rear -this can later be converted into a spool.

A diff or spool in the front will make the car much easier to drive and will give you 4 wheel braking as opposed to only rear braking with the stock one-way.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac

www.ampdraw.com has the JRX-S for $259

If you get the $249 Cyclone from Stormer, you might want to get a diff for the front end, fixed center pulley and direct layshaft.

Part #'s
-HOT70725 Hot Bodies Cyclone 16T Center Pulley
-HOT70743 Hot Bodies Cyclone Center Shaft for Direct Drive
-HOT61393 Hot Bodies Cyclone Complete Ball Diff for Front or Rear -this can later be converted into a spool.

A diff or spool in the front will make the car much easier to drive and will give you 4 wheel braking as opposed to only rear braking with the stock one-way.
I used to drive my xxx-4 like that. It was freakish but fun.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

There is a used X-RAY touring car at Primetime for a $100 . Not to sure which one it is , all I know is that it uses saddle packs.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff john
There is a used X-RAY touring car at Primetime for a $100 . Not to sure which one it is , all I know is that it uses saddle packs.
its a T1 then, and if its $100, I would guess its probably a T1R. Could be wrong tho.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

that car is an xray fko4 it is my dads
it is a pretty good running car
Old 04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Talking You have to download this!

OK I hope this works! Let me know! Go to this address and right click! You wanna right click to download it! It loos like ish on you tube!
http://24.98.179.102/Jabari_Movies/touringshootout.mov

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.