Wiki Posts
Search

Moving to North GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Moving to North GA

Hello,
I am getting ready to move from Central Florida to North GA. I will probably be moving to the Calhoun, Adairsville area. Are there any clubs around that I can join. I would really like to meet some good folks and just have fun.

JT
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lucky you, you have a RC trak in your new city. Prime Time Hobbies. There is an offroad, on road, and dirt oval tracks all at the same place. also there are slot car tracks inside if you want to race on them. Cant wait to meet you! What classes do you plan to race?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I have a tmaxx with a OS .18. And I am building a big block Maxx. Does primetime offer a monster truck class? What kind of cars do they run on the dirt oval, b/c that sounds like fun. I might need to start working on something for that kind of racing.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by devil7257
. Does primetime offer a monster truck class?
yes they do run M/T,S/T,1/8 buggy,and Truggy, we are trying to get a bigger crowd of (electric) 4wd buggy 2wd etc..... Hope to meet you at the next off road race
Old 04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I found out today that I got a house in Calhoun. I am really fired up about this move. Sounds like the local racing scene is real fun. I have never run on-road, or dirt oval, but I would sure like too. Can anyone suggest a good on-road set-up, maybe a kit. My new job requires me to travel alot, so I could build something while sitting in a hotel at night. How about dirt oval cars? Sorry for the silly questions but I really do not have any experience with either type of racing.

Also I may be able to help you guys with track stuff when I get there, I have a bobcat and several tractors.

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to meeting ya'll soon.
JT
Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boy did you ever move to the right location! We got onroad tracks, we got offroad tracks, we got dirt oval tracks, we got drag strips we got rock climbing. We have series races for everything from local shop series to ones that cover the southeast. We may even have a local R/C F1 team going to GoodWood next year! We got stuff! Welcome aboard! And the Calhoun track is a cool place to hang out at...very nice people there.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

We have a state series in Florida as well. And my local track is on county property where he have a off-road, sand drag, and a hill climb course. I went to Primetime a while back while visiting my in-laws but they where still in town. From what I understand they have moved...???....With that being said you are correct they where very nice people and had a great store. I am looking forward to getting there and setting up shop.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, they are south of town now on hwy 41 about a mile south of the airport on the right. Much better location with onroad, offroad and dirt oval tracks to chose from. Huge hobby shop now with a party room and slotcar tracks of different types. Mo' better for everyone!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a few pics of the current tracks at Primetime Hobbies. They are planning to bring in more dirt for the off-road track.

Come on out when you can and check out the tracks and watch some racing. If you need any help with anything on-road just let me know. All I race is on-road! Touring cars and Mini Coopers are most popular around here.

www.primetimehobby.com
Attached Thumbnails Moving to North GA-primetime-off-road.jpg   Moving to North GA-primetime-road.jpg   Moving to North GA-primetime-oval.jpg  
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Wow those tracks look great. The dirt oval is really big. Can you race MT's on there? I know exactly where Primetime is now, my in-laws live off of 41.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

They run just about anything on the dirt oval.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

here's my weapon of choice on the dirt oval :P rc10gt EDM it keeps up with most of the 1/8 scale guys and im trying to get some EDM and latemodel bodies together for the oval cars. welcome to the area and i look forward to meeting you soon. i should be at all the races here coming up especially the oval :P
Attached Thumbnails Moving to North GA-img_7343.jpg