Search

First Giveaway Thread ----get prize free from GearBest.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I am definitely not a company rep and haven't been paid to do anything. If and when I decide to do some reviews for GearBest via any free products I receive, I will take the same approach as Hotrod87 and be extremely transparent about it.

As for my comment, I am merely trying to say that GearBest is new here and any raffles or promotions may have some growing pains. That is, unless you prefer everyone to bicker over it and debate whether the contest was rigged? I don't think you do, so why can't we just learn from it?
NO, I repeat NO review that is based on free product can ever be viewed as 100% unbiased, EVER! I respect Hotrod87 A LOT, and honestly you as well as a member. The fact is if you look through this forum and look at the vast majority of join dates for members doing reviews they're all recent. As a long standing member of RCT with a reputation that I'm sure you value, doesn't that strike you as a little bit odd?
Old 09-21-2015, 12:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
You didn't receive this product for free in exchange for a product review?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/gearbest...king-good.html
No sir, I paid $52 for the truck with free shipping. Since that time, I have wanted to order at least two crawlers and I have either missed the flash sale OR I could not get free shipping.

Therefore, I haven't been able to do any reviews of the product. In fact, I finally took the little truck to the track over the weekend and did some filming.

For what it is worth, Robert asked me to include the google link so that he could see how many people visit the website from RC Tech. I didn't receive any compensation for doing so, I just figured it would help Robert, help the forum, and give me something to talk about.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by racer1812
NO, I repeat NO review that is based on free product can ever be viewed as 100% unbiased, EVER! I respect Hotrod87 A LOT, and honestly you as well as a member. The fact is if you look through this forum and look at the vast majority of join dates for members doing reviews they're all recent. As a long standing member of RCT with a reputation that I'm sure you value, doesn't that strike you as a little bit odd?
I completely understand what you are talking about. I have seen reviews spring up on every forum you can name, plus you tube and Facebook. I too am suspicious of all of them.

I did the nice unboxing thread to try and stimulate some activity, hoping that it would help RC Tech's newest vendor. I'm just not equipped to do videos and reviews in exchange for product....it is too much like work.

But yes, I concur as to why you might be suspicious. If everyone handled it like hotrod87' I would feel better about it.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

This will be my last post in this section. I will not be doing anymore reviews for gearbest. I did this so I could donate the product I reviewed to kids. After feeling like I'm put in the middle and having to defend what I'm doing I regret all of this. I have been upfront and honest the whole time. Maybe this is the wrong aproach and I should just not give a crap what people think and let my actions speak for themselves but I'm done. I will find other ways to help kids.
Sincerely
Rod
Old 09-21-2015, 01:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by hotrod87
This will be my last post in this section. I will not be doing anymore reviews for gearbest. I did this so I could donate the product I reviewed to kids. After feeling like I'm put in the middle and having to defend what I'm doing I regret all of this. I have been upfront and honest the whole time. Maybe this is the wrong aproach and I should just not give a crap what people think and let my actions speak for themselves but I'm done. I will find other ways to help kids.
Sincerely
Rod
I'm sure it feels like everyone is piling on you today, but don't feel that way. SteveM just raised some concerns about the giveaway contest, I didn't take it as being directed towards you. Racer1812 is just voicing the things that I know everyone is wondering when it comes to reviews, especially when things might be free or at a reduced price.

As far as me, I've just felt that your reviews have been upfront and impartial, or as neutral as possible under the circumstances.

Stick around and keep posting here. There is no reason to leave.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

hotrod87 - I have no hard feelings and my post on the issues with this giveaway contest wasn't intended as criticism against you. I think you may have been 'played' by a commercial seller using willing hobbyists to market and sell the product they buy from various Chinese manufacturers.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Just not gonna argue when the first to respond is someone who joined rctech just to try and get something free. After I try helping him get a shipping discount because he's in Canada and doesnt want to pay full price. Not that I disagree that shipping is expensive but really ? I try and help you and you come talk crap about me. Lifes to short and I'm not gonna deal with that kinda crap. Racer1812 couldn't offend me. I have to much respect for him to not read the black and white lines he lives in. There's no grey area it is cut and dry. He is the guy on here who's opinion I trust more than anyone else's. Like I said lifes to short to let this suck up anymore of my time.