Search

FORGASS 2016/17 RACE 1 ARCADIA, FL OCTOBER 1st & 2nd, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gesser26
The idiots that boycotted the race.
The race over its 5:45 and it's now raining.
You lose.
Greg this is not the way to go about it its not good for anyone or the hobby
I did not hear about any boycotts very simple forecasts looked bad & drivers made a decision not to chance it dont take it personal
Old 10-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Idiots???

Who boycotted your race Greg? I think you are looking to much into the no shows. I have not attended the Florida races on any consistent basis in a while. But it looks to me like you are making vague statements for no reason. I like your track, but with a long event last week and Nationals around the corner, some of us just have to make choices. Nothing personal, so please do not make it personal.

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Race 1 Arcadia

Just wanted to tank everyone who came out to the race this weekend inspit of the weather forecast.
We all got very lucky and had 3 great days of racing and mother nature granted us one for a change.

To the comments for Greg I have to stand up here because this was what we heard, there was a group that was boycotting the race because we went to one drop this year and this would be their drop and I do not believe either of you were part of this group.
They were upset because they did not get a vote and felt they should have.
Problem is we have always done the voting at the Sour Grapes dinner and last year was so poorly attended Forgass decided the track owners would decide the normal things we vote on.
Now before people get their panties bunched up this is completely fair, as an X motorcycle racer we the races never got a vote on the rules but were allowed to submit suggestion to AMA and the comity decided what was fair for all.

I personally do not think there should be any drops because those that can and do race every race are the ones being penalized by not receiving points.
Those that can and do race every race paid for that race and should receive points as it is not their fault that others could not or did not attend.
(NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT HERE JUST TELLING MY OPINION)

Lastly for those that did not attend for the reasons stated above I personally feel hurt I worked my ass off this summer to improve the track for all of us and if nothing else you should have came for me.

We all have a need to get along as the sport is just not big enough for us not to. We will all get upset with someone at some point, it is racing after all but we should also be big boys and get over it.
Have a beer and relax

We have the Cow Patty coming in November and I hope everyone can make it this year, rain or shine I will be there working my ass off for you so do not let me down.

See everyone in a couple of weeks at the Nationals

Thanks
Tod

ps. Everyone should thank the gods above that we have four track owners that give us such great places to race at.
They spend thousands of dollars for very little return (very little) and if we bad mouth what we have others will not join and soon we will all be back to parking lots.
THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!

Last edited by tdr170; 10-02-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed couple words
Old 10-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tdr170
Just wanted to tank everyone who came out to the race this weekend inspit of the weather forecast.
We all got very lucky and had 3 great days of racing and mother nature granted us one for a change.

To the comments for Greg I have to stand up here because this was not what we heard, there was a group that was boycotting the race because we went to one drop this year and this would be their drop and I do not believe either of you were part of this group.
They were upset because they did not get a vote and felt they should have.
Problem is we have always done the voting at the Sour Grapes dinner and last year was so poorly attended Forgass decided the track owners would decide the normal things we vote on.
Now before people get their panties bunched up this is completely fair, as an X motorcycle racer we the races never got a vote on the rules but were allowed to submit suggestion to AMA and the comity decided what was fair for all.

I personally do not think there should be any drops because those that can and do race every race are the ones being penalized by not receiving points.
Those that can and do race every race paid for that race and should receive points as it is not their fault that others could not or did not attend.
(NOT LOOKING FOR A FIGHT HERE JUST TELLING MY OPINION)

Lastly for those that did not attend for the reasons stated above I personally feel hurt I worked my ass off this summer to improve the track for all of us and if nothing else you should have came for me.

We all have a need to get along as the sport is just not big enough for us not to. We will all get upset with someone at some point, it is racing after all but we should also be big boys and get over it.
Have a beer and relax

We have the Cow Patty coming in November and I hope everyone can make it this year, rain or shine I will be there working my ass off for you so do not let me down.

See everyone in a couple of weeks at the Nationals

Thanks
Tod

ps. Everyone should thank the gods above that we have four track owners that give us such great places to race at.
They spend thousands of dollars for very little return (very little) and if we bad mouth what we have others will not join and soon we will all be back to parking lost.
THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!
Tod,

I think it is fair to say we racers appreciate your hard efforts and the efforts of all the track owners, but that does not mean we can make every event or even most of them. And if we can not, calling racers "idiots" is just in poor taste. You say this based on what "you heard". Be careful, as we all know this is how rumors get started and racers act like little elementary kids. You ask the racers to support the track owners, but then that same track owner comes on an open forum and calls the racers IDIOTS for not attending his race. I love how you compare forgass to the AMA. I hope things get better for Forgass and hope they have a good idea of how to promote the sport/Hobby. But I think calling racers IDIOTS is not the way to go, even if you do support Greg in that regard.

Glad the weather held out for you guys and hope all had a good time. Just seems sad and unfortunate that the first thing Greg thought of was to get on this forum and air his dirty laundry of rumors, instead of maybe just calling the racers he is referring to and ask if there is something wrong.

I do not want to go back and forth, as I know it can turn into that. So I leave you with a Thank You for all your hard efforts and hope the racers that made it out had a great time!!!

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Greg this is not the way to go about it its not good for anyone or the hobby
I did not hear about any boycotts very simple forecasts looked bad & drivers made a decision not to chance it dont take it personal
Hmmmm. When I talked to you Friday you weren't coming because you were to busy at work getting ready for Holloween. Ok fair enough. Now it was the forecast.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Who boycotted your race Greg? I think you are looking to much into the no shows. I have not attended the Florida races on any consistent basis in a while. But it looks to me like you are making vague statements for no reason. I like your track, but with a long event last week and Nationals around the corner, some of us just have to make choices. Nothing personal, so please do not make it personal.

DJ Apolaro
You weren't even mentioned in regards to it. Yes I said "Idiots", I'm not one for being afraid to call things out.
If I hurt someone's feelings, to bad.
Respect is earned and lost.
I have lost all respect for those idiots.
Oops I said it again
Old 10-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Tod,

I love how you compare forgass to the AMA.

DJ Apolaro

Not sure if that was good or bad but Yep I did that. LOL
Old 10-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Hmmmm. When I talked to you Friday you weren't coming because you were to busy at work getting ready for Holloween. Ok fair enough. Now it was the forecast.
That was for Friday do you recall i asked you keep us updated on the forecast cause it does not look good
Or you just wanna hear what you want to hear
Old 10-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

That was for Friday do you recall i asked you keep us updated on the forecast cause it does not look good
Or you just wanna hear what you want to hear
Right!!!!!!! You were updated.
How many times did text or call Roniel? I say BULL--HT

Last edited by gesser26; 10-03-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Can't let this sit.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

See ya @ the Nats & stop acting like an ASS
Old 10-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

See ya @ the Nats & stop acting like an ASS
This response I find interesting.
I respond to you with things that happened, even about what we talked about on the phone. Maybe you are the one that forgot what was said.
So you finally tell me to stop being an "ass".
To me it looks and sounds like the kid that gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
But I'm sure I'm just being an ass.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It sucked we had to work this past weekend. That just made us look like idiots. But we made lots of money that weekend and like Trump says, "that makes us smart".
Love what you guys have done with the track and miss you all. Yes, All.

Its been too long and can't wait to smell the nitro.

See you at the nationals and many more FORGASS races thereafter.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Results are HERE

Photos are HERE
Old 10-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs down

The idiots that boycotted the race.
The race over its 5:45 and it's now raining.
You lose.
Wuaoooooooo......
Old 10-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am selling my IGT8 Pro, please see the link below. This car won the Panamerican race in Homestead FL.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-rtr-sale.html