Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PBRCRC Nitro Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Whats the number i will put you in the puter before you go!!

Also spell out your info here if you want

Frequency #1

Alternate Frequency#2
" " # 3

Name first ,last Mi

Class you run

Transponder number #

Thanks Don
Old 06-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Default Directions to the track.

Here are directions from some different
locations:

From Lakeland: Take 60 to the turnpike and go south into palm beach
county.

From Fort Myers: Take Palm Beach Blvd (80) east. Keep following the
signs to point you in the direction of 80. There are two or three
turnoffs where you need to do this. Follow 80 all the way out to the
turnpike and go south.

From Naples: Take I-75 across Florida into broward county. Go north on
the sawgrass expressway (or go all the way to the turnpike, but it'll
take much longer) and take that to the end where it meets the turnpike
and head north into palm beach county.

From Miami: Take the turnpike or I-95 north into palm beach county, get
off at Atlantic and go east (turnpike) or go west for you I-95'ers.

Then follow these directions:

Get off at Atlantic (just south of Boynton Beach Blvd) and go east. Go
down quite a ways till you reach congress avenue (light) and make a
left. You will pass a light for lake ida road. not very far after that
will be a street light that directs you into a development
called "Hunter's Run" on the left. About 150 feet or so after this
light is a little service road on the right with a small rectangular
sign for Bethesda. Turn down there and you will see the track!
Old 06-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Whats the number i will put you in the puter before you go!!

Originally posted by indydrt
Also spell out your info here if you want

Frequency #1

Alternate Frequency#2
" " # 3

Name first ,last Mi

Class you run

Transponder number #

Thanks Don
Frequencies - 61 and 66

Name - Michael Sidnam

Class - 1/10 Nitro Touring 200mm

Transponder # - 3512405
Old 06-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It was a long first day at Bethesda. Thanks to Don for organizing the whole affair. Alot of people showed earlier then 7 am to start build a HUGE track. Ross was out there... sick as dog, drilling boards. Mark, John Erik ,Rubin and Jarrod were all bustin thier butts. The track was finally built by 4pm. And the first laps were put down. I had to leave before breakdown, but I am told people were out there till 9pm. This is really going to be a top notch place to race Nitro. Thanks again..... Don

There were more people helping out, sorry if I missed ya
Old 06-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry i missed the first day. I was up in Cocoa. I'll be gone every weekend for the month of july except for maybe the 12th and the 13th. If you are all going to race on any of those days, lemme know and i will do my best to get there early and help out. I live in miami so i will do my best in getting up there early and staying as late as i can.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Totally Exhausted,,,now monday 9 am

I still have to get that Billy goat returned,,,ohho not a muscle in my body says do it now...no way hahah

Thanks to all that helped that i can remember now for such a successfull day for the first Build track test day and,
Especially to ROSS,JOHN,JARROD,ERIC,RUBIN,TIM,Howard Stamen and son,and if i left anybody out you know who you are so thankyou all ,,i hope you liked the track..and thanks to the guys that showed up but were not able to stay all day to get there cars on the track, it was only a 3 hour set back,,NExt time or next week for race day i should say ,,it will be ready for practice at 9:30 am. Now that all the Hard work has been done,

Thanks all that showed, back to bed now,,

Don

i took pictures,,but for moment i cant do anything,will,,try later today tuesday etc ... to post etc.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Race day jujly 6th Bethesda Rc

We will be going as sheduled for the july race july 6th

get your cars ready ,,and call me saturday to be sure Don

561 441 5319

Roar card and Personal tranponders are a must
Old 07-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track Setup

Who can volunteer to help with track setup and breakdown?

Last edited by Marktur; 07-03-2003 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default pictures please???

Does anyone have pictures of last weeks debut track at Bethesda to post here,,i still do not have my cam and software working on my puter yet thanks Don

i have a camra digital for sale if anyones interested a Olympus

take 275. inlcude all that i have 561 441 5319
Old 07-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Racing is cancelled for tomorrow. We were not able to secure help to move the trailer to the location and we are not prepared after running into an obstacle with securing the track properly to the race surface. we have the plans laid out, just not enough hands to get it going for tomorrow...
Old 07-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks jarrod

Also if anybody knows anyone that is willing to get paid to help set up this track early sunday and help tear it down and load it please let Don ASAP know otherwise no one can race at all .
now we have the track built and all the materials we need to do it like computer Drivers stand all the right tools now i just need dependable reliable hard working people that want to race and the set up time if work steady is only going to be between 2- 3 hours in the a.m. and the evenings on Sundays possiblity of doing set up very early sunday mourning while still dark also ..it would be alot kooler...so play that by ear

561 441 5319 cell number Dons
Old 07-06-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Track Schedule

Edit by moderator

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-06-2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Go ahead Mark you have all the ideas

edited by moderator

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-06-2003 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default woops sorry

Iam sorry i did not give you credit M i was very exhausted and could not remember all that helped. so i want thankyou for being there last sunday when everybody else had to bail out you think you were sore,,haha!..omg!!!
As far as the holes,,your right i did make a big mistake i sure did i should have asked first. I openly admiited that.
Then i had a day of running around to drop off a map and inurance papers to PK at bethesda and still no answer from him ,maybe cause of the holiday weekend.
Which brings up a point i have had the schedule for fort myers and i thought it would be better to run today because next week is fort myers.
Thank you for the use of the generator you will get it back asap and the printer, and the track would have been together if not for the holesfilling and re designing and rethinking it cost me alot of waisted time and money.

Generally speaking that i cannot depend on anyone but myself
You have been very communicative more than most so i respect that you have other obligations and i know thats fine ,What i have a Big problem with is the people that say there gona help that day and then the day before i dont get a call or no answer or no call backafter i did reach them nothing thats not good i dont understand that .. if i had a answer earlier that day on saturday i would have cancelled or even fri but i was lead to beleive that help was there,So i did then try to follow my july 6th #1 raceday,,so my fault for counting on people... thats what i mean. And i know this other person has family also and things to do i was already informed of that but if they say ill be there then they cant call oh well i have to try to work it out someother way but i have to set a time limit as to when i have to make the decision to race or cancel, so until i have a truck iam not racing at all iam done for now TRACK CLOSED . i knew from the start that i had to have a simple track not too big...but we did test a bit dont you remember ,,,the testing i did and from that i broke a chassis and also had a steering servo get waisted so iam doing the best that i can and i dont have all year to get it going ,,,remember 6 mo to a year before Bethesda starts building a new second story lot there so yes iam in a rush M iam sorry i spent alot of money and i want to get the use of it while i can,and get it back.
Promo ideas yes the plan the worksheet all that you did..great i thank you for all that ,

Now do you have a Date in mind when you may want to do this if you still do ?? so that we both have a comon goal to reach..thats why i posted a race shedule for all to see and to work towards .. i thought that was the way to do i t to keep me motivated and keep to it. ,,,also now i think you see how hard it is just to get a simple race going let alone a large promo idea i think i remember saying something about keeping it simple, and iam still trying to do that . So M iam sorry if i directed alot at you but you were there to yell at SORRY man,, i know you have been helpful as you could be , and i do appreciate all that you have done. ok my fingers hurt from typing and iam going back outside to seat some more on the wood work,,,like it never ends,,haha oh well i have time now so gona try today to finsih it . just to let you know i had 3 people commit to helping this sunday with me it would have been 4 enough to get it done but not 2 people . No way to tow the DS it was the real killer so .
Old 07-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Ooops

OK, here's the idea...
Don, you laid out the cash up front, which by default puts you in position to make final decisions. Nobody is questioning that. However, just having the stuff doesn't cut it, as you can see.

We need to work as a TEAM, or nothing will get done.

That was the whole point of all of this. When you shot down the opportunity to work this out as a group, you made it clear that this thing is you and only you. When you scheduled today's race date, you consulted with nobody about it. Believe me, I'm the one who usually speaks out loud (and takes the heat), but I'm not the only one thinking it.

We all want this to work. This is the common goal. I still want to be part of this - if - we can stick to a plan. Hold on to the generator, and the printer is donated to the club -- I don't want it back.

We have to take into consideration the following things:
1. State Race dates
2. LHS Race Dates
3. The core team's availability

This leaves us with fewer than expected choices for race dates. So the race dates need to count...

Then we need to decide which of these dates most of us can commit to. (Most important).

What I think it comes down to is that we will not be able to race more than once or twice per month....so we should do a couple of practice days - both to play with our cars, and to time the labor involved, so we can schedule races accordingly. Once we have it "down", then we should plan on a big race, once per 45 days, until Bethesda runs out. That gives us time to get it right, too.

In 90 days from our first real race, you get paid back, Don. I have not once lost focus of that, nor how much cash you have laid out, and I am sensitive to your urgency to recover the investment.

I asked in the beginning that we make everything work, and have all our ducks in a row before we let the world know what we're doing. At this point we've lost the element of surprise for creating a "big bang", and because of the last 2 weeks, we had some very "public" set backs. We have got to be really ready the next time we invite "outsiders" to race, and we should not invite anyone else who is not going to HELP the first few times.

This has been very frustrating to me, as I knew we were going to have technical issues in the beginning. It is going to be very hard to raise advertising capital at this point, until AFTER we've run a few successful races, IMHO.

I know you've been working harder than anyone, Don, and we all respect that. But as I've learned (usually the hard way) is that no matter how hard you work, if you're the leader, you need to maintain communication with the team at the highest level, or things just start to fall apart.

So these things can be easily fixed if we work together....see my next post....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.