Wiki Posts
Search

NEWRED HOBBIES BADLANDS SCALER COURSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default NEWRED HOBBIES BADLANDS SCALER COURSE

good morning loyal r/c people. today is a special day, it is the start of a 3 race series on NEWRED HOBBIES oval track gates open at 10 am. also thanks to sean and his band of brothers for there work on our BADLANDS SCALER COURSE, offroad track will be open for paid practice, and our stocked hobby store is just waiting for you. we still have 15 just stock esc,s in stock, so please dont wait, at $49.99 it is a gift from the heavens to be able to run mod or stock for that price. well we fell short of our 50 plus mark so nobody won the complete 17.5 system, i heard melanie say we would try again next week. put it on your calender next sunday dec 14th the biggest scale event in FLORIDA, and what a way to close out 2014...NEWRED HOBBIES BADLANDS SCALER COURSE is host for the TTC=TOUGH TRUCK CHALLENGE. There will be camping allowed sat, so be ready to run the different courses. a ton of prizes, plus someone is leaving with new scaler kit. alot of people work very hard behind the scenes, and dont get anything for it, but they are here to make sure each and everyone of you and your family have FUN, so thanks to all who drive stupid long miles to come help
Old 12-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED, 12/14/14 NEWRED HOBBIES AND ITS BADLANDS SCALER COURSE are proud to host The FLORIDASCALE TRAILRUNNERS TTC=TOUGH TRUCK CHALLENGE . gates open at 8am hobby store opens at 8am, and full breakfast and lunch will be available at concessions. this should be the largest event of the year, and i want to say thanks to all the guys for building a new course, it looks great. sean hand built some incredible trophies and there are a ton of prizes including the donation of the chevy blazer kit from NEWRED HOBBIES. offroad track will be open for practice. cya in a few. dont miss this one...WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWW.NEWREDHOBBIES.COM
Old 12-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

fIRST I WOULD LIKE TO THAT everyone who came and ran the rigs, we hope u had fun. we would also like to say thanks to sean and the guys from FSTR FOR HOSTING THIS GREAT EVENT. I have heard some complaints about scoring and other items which are being addressed. Everyday we learn something to hopefully make things better for the next time, also it is real personal when someone puts his or her heart and sole into something to then have someone complain on an open forum, listen i have been to plenty of races where i was pissed off crazy, but remember not only is a business being impacted, alot of feelings are being hurt. sean and i have spoke about alot of items and we will have some changes coming real soon , to make it more fair and fun, thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

come on by to NEWRED HOBBIES 1PM SAT INDOOR OFFROAD AND SUNDAY 1PM OVAL SERIES RACE #2 OF #3. U DONT HAVE TO BE IN THE SERIES TO RUN AND POINTS WILL NOT BE TAKEN BY OUTSIDE DRIVERS. LAST CHANCE FOR SOME GREAT XMAS SHOPPING. NEWRED HOBBIES WILL BE RAFFLING OFF A BRAND NEW B5 KIT, 1/2 THE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, it has recently been found that owner Melanie will need open heart surgery very soon, as her husband i have had 3 heart attacks myself and live with only 30% of my heart capacity. We have always donated to some charity or another to only find that 98% of the money goes into someones pocket. tickets will be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 u dont have to be present to win, winning ticket will be drawn dec 24th at 2pm. u must put your name and phone number on your ticket. we will even take donations , we also will take credit cards for payment, thanks for ALL your support through these hard times www.newredhobbies.com
Old 12-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Latest info. Owner Melanie Hitchcock is having open heart surgey on Monday, This is a shock to both of us. She is having a aortic and mitral valve replacement. because of this NEWRED HOBBIES will be going back to its original schedule. she will be out for at least 3 months. new schedule
closed MON AND TUES
open wed ,11 to 6
open thur 11 to 9 racing indoor offroad starting 7pm
open fri 11 to 6
open sat 10 to 5 racing indoor offroad starting 1pm
open sun 10 to 5 oval racing 2nd and 4th sunday 1pm .scalers/crawlers 1st sat night run and 3rd sunday 10am day run.
i will keep u all informed about her condition. thanks to bobby, mason and the NRH,S crew
Old 01-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

For all those who missed it. Here is a video from the TTC.

http://youtu.be/LcWaBioZMxg

Best wishes for the surgeries....
Old 01-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Another great video. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

well we had a descent turn out on sat and 1 of our racers cleaned up as well as moved up. Tony Dorin was one of our new novice /RTR drivers, and with so many new people showing up sat we put up some 5200 30c lipo,s if they could tq and win either novice or RTR, well tony smoked the competition and won BOTH lipo batteries, he has since purchased a losi s/c truck and is going to give the stock class a try, we moved 2 people out of the novice ranks this weekend, with nothing really going on on sunday, we had all 3 tracks getting a work out on sunday practice day, it looked like a race day. so this week we gave away a 17.5 brushless motor and 2 lipos, along with 6 TERRYS BAR and GRILL, gift cards. It pays to race at NEWRED HOBBIES. This sat is a scaler night run and sunday the oval guys are back at it 1pm .. always something going on ar central floridas #1 R/C FACILITY www.newredhobbies.com