Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL VALKARIA RC RACEWAY OFFROAD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Suspended

Default OFFICIAL VALKARIA RC RACEWAY OFFROAD THREAD

This is the "OFFICIAL VALKARIA RC RACEWAY OFFROAD THREAD"

Any, and ALL info will be posted here from this point forward.

We had a club meeting last night, and our future is Looking Bright!!!

Mark will have some things to post, as we move forward....

The Catron Brothers have been Hard at work Grading the site, and we look forward to our opening day soon!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

looking forward to seeing it. you guys gonna run 1/5 scale?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

It will be big enough to run them.....

Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

very cool , I'll start saving for one.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tom Catron spent a full Sunday running Valkaria R/C Raceway's Offroad track's first laps stockpiling 20 loads of the darker upper sub-base and laying down 55 loads of the lighter lower sub-base. I collected actual site measurements while holding up Tuesday's meeting (track length side of site is 300' long! x 200'). Now I just have to re-layout the site on ACAD and hop into a skidsteer or pull a smooth dozer/operator into this effort and start shaping the straightaway's big bank (on right side of straight) and shaping some lane grades of the final 1st layout.

It's 160' of track to the edge of the light sub-grade where remaining 40' will level off for access, drainage and viewing from bleachers. There's enough room and 3-stockpiles of rock for a rock-crawling track over 50' wide to the left side of this track (on left side of entrance). Plus more good news pulling together on the surface material! We're designing this track to DRAIN! While still providing plenty of bite and bind .

On July 26th there will be a fund raising casual Gayla at the Brevard County Zoo with catered food, wet bar, an awesome live classic rock band (Vintage), and Giraffes as company off their atrium's outside deck. It's in support of Toys for Kids, Extreme Cheer and Valkaria R/C Raceway (united onroad & offroad club). It's $75 per ticket that includes food & drink so please mark your calendars and make a hot date with your lady. If you wish to attend one of this State's hottest onroad clashes Valkaria R/C Raceway's Onroad track is hosting the ROAR Onroad Regionals during the weekend from June 6-8th. It's a good opportunity to check out the offroad track's progress live too.

Since we're back down to 12-13' wide lanes, this track will be designed for 1:8 nitro buggies & truggies, 1:8ebuggies & truggies, 1:10 SC Pro4 and even 1:10 4wd buggy to rail (high speed technical with high speed drop-offs, lower speed drop-offs w/kickup, and near vertical kicker and a big bank as given features. 1:5scale may be considered but the kickers may be too tall unless it's got juice.

Last edited by SSCLCG.com; 03-09-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

This is the beginning of GOOD things to come!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

It's already been a pleasure meeting you, Tom & Doug Catron, Steve, and getting to know Pete a bit better. Not just because of the variety of cool personalities involved, but because the entire crew is near silently acting in similar common directions without the influences of any dictator figure or any signs of potential chaos & mayhem. And so good to hear local kids & families have already enjoyed the temporary track on a daily basis. That was all Tom & Doug, all I did was chase them around for a few rip-laps. It'll be a riot to chase their nitro truggies on the full scale track.

The final 'product' will be a good thing for the local community, regional R/C community and even dare I consider national R/C community/events. There's a lot of work to be done but all we each have to focus on is the next logistic in the nice staggered formation we've been naturally taking already. If a local community member can step up with a big skidsteer, I'll be waiting to hop in and shape the sub-base & spread the transitional surface material pile so we can arrange the drivers' stand's ocean container drop & some stand/pit construction......... The view from up there will be amazing.

To the Rock Crawlers - I put an APBA out on Facebook's "Florida RC Group" and Dave stepped up to help express the grading & rocks you guys seek so we can move them in their general places to let you have at it after. I do not qualify myself to lead that design/layout & group but we'll pitch in with effort/piping you guys express would make for a great track both kids & adults will enjoy (maybe a hybrid crawler/lane layout that young ones can bypass the crawling part readily).

Last edited by SSCLCG.com; 03-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mark
I think the biggest reason why we are ALL working together so well is, this Track is being built by Racers for Racers.
There are No personal gains for anyone involved other then having a place to race and call home.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

It sure is nice when there's no "Hitler-potential" (one man acting on his own personal will/gain on the backs of contributor's and their selfless fruit).
I'm looking forward to shaping the sub-grade after Tom arranges the skidsteer and maybe even himself on a loader as we work together to shape the parking area too. He even offered a bed but with Race (my Golden) I may just opt to use my pop-up camper with a nearby water & electric connection if available (it has a shower and toilet). I could use a good stomach workout anyway and just not into lifting dead weights.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Meeting

Meeting 4/8 Tuesday 6:30pm

Picnic Tables

Agenda;

Club Race this weekend 4/13

Off Road Track

ROAR Race 6/6-6/8

Fund Raiser with Timmy V July 2014

We would like to see everyone attend this Meeting.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Meeting 4/8 Tuesday 6:30pm

Picnic Tables

Agenda;

Club Race this weekend 4/13

Off Road Track

ROAR Race 6/6-6/8

Fund Raiser with Timmy V July 2014

We would like to see everyone attend this Meeting.
When is the next club race?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastford
When is the next club race?
Off road is just set up for practice right now.
Race date will be sometime in the fall.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

When are your practice days???
Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ryanc33161
When are your practice days???
every weekend.....
Old 05-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

pics of the track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.