Wiki Posts
Search

Coral Springs Dirt Oval

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Wade
It took longer than I anticipated but the track is ready to go in the morning. No corners were cut...what can I say. The track will be fast tomorrow. As a matter of fact should be faster than it has been in a while

Gates open @ 8:00
Racing starts around 10:30
Thanks Wade! I'm sure it's gonna be perfect! Sorry I couldn't make it to help...
Old 10-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Saturday was the last Series race with Bomber's make up run. Time for some regular club racing
We had a lot of fun Saturday. The track was super nice. It was a heavy in the early morning by the 2nd round especially the mains it was really, really nice. The video below was only 1st round of the Mains and speaks for itself.

I will mention the highligths of the day starting with Paul able to get a win over the king of 1/10 sprint Russ S. We had two sprinters and was an exciting race. Russ is still fine tuning his new hybrid sprint but it was Paul's day with his car locked in and some smooth driving.

1/10 Spring Full Screen View

Bomber race was a ton of fun. There were 3 of us in the finale race and were the top 3 in the points chase. 1st place points winner could of been anyone's coming into this one with Paul and Wade both having 200 points after dropping the lowest race and Honcho in 3rd. This was tight all day. Paul and I had matching performing cars. Both qualifying rounds TQ went to Paul. He got the hole shots and got in the lead 1st lap. I stayed on his bumper but the passing lane for these cars are on the inside which Paul kept closed with smooth driving. This guy just wasn't making any mistakes. Each time I slipped inside it was too tight..I'd rub the wall and Paul would pull away maintaining the lead. Going into the A-Main Paul is up on me with the 1 extra point for Tq. I'm thinking if he doesn't make any mistakes for me to capitalize I'm going to attempt a clean pass on the outside which would take several laps if even possible. The two cars are just too equal. With just a few laps into the race Paul gets too close to the inside wall and hits it. I go high and luckily able to check out. Honcho was running strong in 3rd. Honcho switched to a different battery and really woke up his Bomber. Easily his fastest Bomber.

The conclusion of Bomber points was a tie between Wade and Paul. Wade takes the tie breaker with 3 wins over Paul's 3 Tqs and 3 second place finishes. Honcho rounding it out in the 3rd spot. Trophy time for all the series races Congratulations to Honcho for his 3rd finish and to Paul for that really fun competition he gave me.

After the race some of us hung around for a while since the track was amazingly clean and fast. I blew off what little there was on the track and threw on some sauced up slicks. WOW!! Roy and I ran some hot laps and my car had more forward bite down the straights that it every had! I was amazed. The turns seemed to be about the same with side bite although a different feel. Was a bullet down the straights. I could clearly see just what my engine had to offer.

With the better weather coming in we will see a lot of great race conditions and a super fast track. If we have 2 people race or 20...Springs oval gates will be open.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wade that sounds like some awesome racing and and the way you write it up makes me feel like was there congrats on the championship wish I coulda been there but I'm back in fla now so I'll be ready for some soflo dirt oval
Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Johnny. The guys have been asking about you. Will be glad to have you back racing.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default And the winners are...

Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series

1/10 Sprint Car
  1. Russ Smith
  2. Bill Davis
  3. Tommy Dionese

17. 5 Late Model
  1. Johnny Combs
  2. Bill Davis
  3. Glenn Worthington

17.5 Bomber
  1. Team Trinity
  2. Paul Senyk
  3. Mike Honcho

Please take a look at the names, spelling and make sure they're exactly what you want. I will be ordering the trophies by 12 noon on Friday October 9th.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Looks good to me Mike
Old 10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I didn't disappear I was up in Alabama helping out my aunt me and pops took 1st & 2nd up there in a 13.5 class with our 17.5's and thanks Mike can't wait to see my name on that trophy
Old 10-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

When's the next race
Old 10-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Springs will be open Saturday. Tommy and myself are going to get some good track time and have a meeting about the future of Springs Oval.

Could be a game changer.

Johnny, check your pm.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Pops spanked them good in delray yesterday now he thinks he's ready to go heads up with me
Old 10-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Nice. That's what I do the rare times I go there. I heard I was the talk of the morning. Once again I'm honored. Ima have to send some flowers over to them. I'm glad at Springs we just race.

Johnny your car will probably do a lot better now. We done a lot of work. Like I mentioned before when we had dry season we were able to keep any loose sand content off the track. That gave us really nice clay and super, crazy traction. Your car is strong. It seems best when the track is like that.

Last few months the rains in that area made the track tacky on prep day and couldn't get the layer of sand off. Several weeks of heavy rain it accumulated. Track was still fast but not ballistic like before. It made the track fluffy in the early day day too.

Good news is we done a lot of maintenance and found a way to get all the sand that washed to the top OFF the track between Fri and half the day Sat. We moved a lot of it too. We got down to the solid good stuff like we had before. That clay is some of the best I've seen since oval kart racing. We thought it might take several races of no rain to get it back but we knocked it out in couple days

We ran a bunch of laps before leaving and it was sweet. Zero calcium on the track and was hooked up. This means we can have a fast track first thing in the morning without having to clean fluff off your car. We will have some near traction rolling grip in qualifiers and mains.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you can't wait to run it again
Old 10-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by FirstOnRaceDay
Thank you can't wait to run it again
Be great to have you back out Johnny!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

After much thought and careful consideration Springs Dirt Oval SuperSpeedway has decided some changes are in order.
Effective immediately Springs Dirt Oval will no longer be running by its own set of rules. We have decided that it is in the best interest of the hobby as a whole that we adopt the rules set forth by the largest sanctioning body in RC Dirt Oval Racing, DODC, for 1/10 scale classes.
We have also modified the rules in our 1/8 scale classes to fall in line with DLMRA Rules.
The DODC rules can be found at Dirtoval.com in the rulebook tab.
We reserve the right to change or modify the rules as we see fit.

Classes will be as follows...

1/10 13.5 Sprint
Any 2WD 1/10 Sprint chassis w/gearbox
Any 13.5 Motor on the ROAR approved motor list
Any ESC in Blinky mode
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Open Buggy tire
Maximum top wing size is 7"X7"

1/10 Mod Sprint
Any 2WD 1/10 Sprint chassis w/gearbox
Any 540 Motor on the ROAR approved motor list
Open Esc
2 cell Lipo max 7.4V
Any 1/10 Buggy tire or Foam tire
Maximum top wing size
Buggy tire 7"X7"
Foam tire 6"X6"
Front wing optional

1/10 17.5 Late Model
Any 1/10 buggy or Oval specific chassis
Any 17.5 motor on ROAR approved motor list
Any Esc in blinky mode
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Any DODC Approved LM body
Any 1/10 buggy Rubber tire
Maximum rear spoiler 2.5"
Optional Side Dam Specs
Side dam front leading edge must be at least 4" from
center of left front spindle with the wheels straight.
Side dam can be 4" tall from deck at it's highest point,
and cannot extend past rear spoiler. Max wicker 1/2"
Must have two tethers at least 8" apart.
Side dam must be on left side!

1/10 Mid West Modified
Any 2wd buggy or Oval Specific Chassis with approved front Bumper
Any 10.5 Sensored Motor on ROAR approved motor list
Any DODC Approved Midwest Mod Body
Any Esc in Blinky Mode
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Spec Tire AKA Rebars w any compound any foam insert

SC Modified
Any 2wd SC chassis
Battery must run down center of chassis
Any DODC approved SC Mod body
Any 13.5 Motor on ROAR Approved motor list
Any Esc in Blinky
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Any 2.2/3.0 SC tire

1/10 4wd Late Model
Any 4wd Buggy or Late
model chassis
Any approved DODC LM body
Any 10.5 Motor on ROAR approved motor list
Open Esc
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Spec tire CW Street Trac or Stickers

Our SC Bomber class will remain unchanged.
Any 1/10 2WD SC chassis
Battery must run down center of chassis
Any 17.5 motor on ROAR Approved motor list
Any Esc in Blinky mode
Parma SC approved bodies
2 cell Lipo Max 7.4V
Any 2.2/3.0 SC Tire

1/8 Outlaw Sprint
Any 1/8 Sprint or Buggy Chassis with cage,top and front wing
Any Nitro Engine or Electric Motor
Any Lipo Battery
OPEN TIRE
This means ANY 1/8 Buggy based FOAM or RUBBER TIRE!

1/8 Outlaw Late Model
Any 1/8 Late Model or Buggy Chassis
Any Nitro Engine or Electric Motor
Any Lipo Battery
OPEN TIRE
This means ANY 1/8 Buggy based FOAM or RUBBER TIRE!
Approved bodies
C&M-2009 "Atomic"
Losi# losa8096
Ofna# OFN34046
RJ Speed# 1015 & 1030
A+ one piece
2009 Stalker
2010 Stalker SS
2010 Onstat LM
2013 Onstat B-2 Bullet 2
Mach 1
2015 Mach 1
SIDE DAMS ALLOWED
Side dam specs
Side dam front leading edge must be at least 4" from center of left front spindle with the wheels straight.
Side dam can be 5" tall from deck at it's highest point, and cannot extend past rear spoiler.
Must have two tethers at least 8" apart.
Side dam must be on left side!

Last edited by CSDOSS; 10-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Schedule

Next two races will be on Saturday Oct. 31st & Sunday November 15th.
Entry will be Flat $10 with the exception of Nov. 15th race.

Sunday November 15th will be Shootout Racing in 3 classes.
Entry will be a Flat $10 for non-special event classes. Shootout classes will be $10 for first class and $5 for additional. Max $20
Trophies for top 3 drivers in each class awarded on the spot.

Shootout Classes:
1/10 Mod Sprint
17.5 Late Model
1/8 Outlaw Sprint

There will be 3 qualifiers with the Mains in these classes.

**Banquet for the Best of the Southeast Dirt Oval Series will be held at the track in conjunction with our race on the 15th.

Gates open @ 8:00
Racing starts around 10:00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.