Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA - Superior Hobbies Orlando - April 1st - April 22

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What time will the track be open for practice on Sunday morning?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I can tell you that the guys that want to race LEGENDS will be the Sunday. Also last call for Boylan soda requests. I'll have what's left from the Saturday show.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Bill if there are some racers left (includes myself) to run VTA on Sunday I will get the Legend ready to go too. Had some motor issues last night at PHS but think I have it worked out now.
VTA, is there a final decision on which rules package? Don't care which but looking for to know how to finish the car.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Isn't there only supposed to be one promoter's class? So either VTA or Legends, not both.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can't wait to try out some electric this weekend !
Old 04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrage
Can't wait to try out some electric this weekend !
that's a lot of dust to knock of
Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Acftually on march 18th at the kissimmee race i asked Rob about the Legends being the optional call. And he okayed it them. Then on post #7 I mentioned to bring the legends on March21st. Then last week the mention of the other TC class with different rules. Are we not already running RCGT which is very similar to the guys saying that they will be there "Saturday" for the club race only.
Besides with the Small turn outs lately why not. It puts more money into the promoters pockets. And we need to keep the promoters happy so we'll have places to race next year.
Breaking news from ROAR: the battery voltage has been lowered 1 cell is now 4.20 and 2 cell is 8.40. Got the news via a friend up north running the tech for their regionals this weekend ( they have 111 entries).
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

If one can believe the weather forecast, which classes may not be the issue.

I race Legends nearly every week so it's ready if that's the decision. Actually 2 cars are ready and I can pass the word to my fellow racers at Pro Hobbies as well although those cars are setup for oval and it might be too short of notice for most.

I'm not usually considered one to race on-road and usually race oval so I don't have anything that fits the regular FSEARA class lineup although if GTP pan cars were to make a comeback I might become real interested again. I have built a VTA car and it's almost ready. Saw that there has been discussion about USVTA vs ROAR rules package. Just would prefer to know which configuration so to have the correct equipment (ESC) installed in the car before I load up and head to the track.

I'm prepared to run both Saturday and/or Sunday just want to know what the plan is.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

PLEASE NO LEGENDS!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Champion

Get one and race one- they don't bite.You might have some fun.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geno-Machino
If one can believe the weather forecast, which classes may not be the issue.

I race Legends nearly every week so it's ready if that's the decision. Actually 2 cars are ready and I can pass the word to my fellow racers at Pro Hobbies as well although those cars are setup for oval and it might be too short of notice for most.

I'm not usually considered one to race on-road and usually race oval so I don't have anything that fits the regular FSEARA class lineup although if GTP pan cars were to make a comeback I might become real interested again. I have built a VTA car and it's almost ready. Saw that there has been discussion about USVTA vs ROAR rules package. Just would prefer to know which configuration so to have the correct equipment (ESC) installed in the car before I load up and head to the track.

I'm prepared to run both Saturday and/or Sunday just want to know what the plan is.
Geno, not trying to give you the run around, but we don't normally run VTA, so FSEARA doesn't have a clear set of rules from either organization. Michael Bruce called me and said they had a large group of VTA guys running nearby, Tim K. asked for clarification and Pete responded with what they were running. So, clear as mud. Between the two sets of rules they seem similar, outside of the Novak motor rule. Will try to clarify by Friday. Sorry for the late info.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
PLEASE NO LEGENDS!!!
+1

So does anyone know what time the track will be open on Sunday?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

As soon as you get there.I'm sure they don't take it down over night. LEGENDS........
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Okay, VTA. Remember, we want racers to participate, hopefully we can reach a decent compromise so no one has to purchase anything to race.

Any 2s battery
Any blinky ESC
Any 25.5 motor
VTA tires and wheels,
Vintage body
Driver figures not required
1550g running weight.

I hope this sounds reasonable.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Regional Moderator

On another note, Bill has brought to my attention ROAR has modified battery voltage levels. We will finish our season with the current levels and reassess in the off season.

Rain, rain go away,
With RC cars we want to play....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.