Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Super Cup Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up U da Man Chris V.

Way to tear it up Chris Viesins! Congrats on your win, your kicking serious but around the state...keep up the great driving! Last time I saw you run at SCRC, you were whipping around your SCT like a Nitro Buggy out of HELL

Last edited by G SquareD; 08-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Some will remember this, last year for the SCK and SC at some tracks a group of us would always get together the Friday night before the race after practice and have a cookout. It started very small be would always quickly grow in a large group and great way to enjoy each others company. I spoke with Angel today about doing this again, and he gave approval. The way it has been done is My wife and I would bring the grill and stuff, plates etc. always have a cooler of free soft drinks for anyone. Just bring your steak or whatever you would like cooked and we would handle the rest. We have a frigde with us along with a microwave. This was some of the best times that my family and I know others have had in racing. It is always welcome to anyone that would like to join. There is no reason why it can't return to the fun it was just a few months ago. Let enjoy some good food, good people and the good racing so we can go home look at the calendar and say "crap the next race is a hole month away". Looking forward to putting a rough start to the super cup behind everyone and finishing it as the best ever.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mark Mixon
I'm not sure who yelled, but I was probably the one "coaching". I don't see a problem with calling traffic or giving info to a racer, they can't always see the whole track and newer racers might not know they are duking it out with the leader.

If it was me, just let me know...in a calm fashion...and I'll stop.

They ARE just toy cars, but I spend REAL money to run them. Kinda changes the outlook a little.
Mark, No problem with you.

I don't care if someone is coaching. the problem is when a Driver YELLS the "F" word from the drivers stand, and a group of people seemed to think it was funny. I do not think it was funny and the guy should have been warned about his language... That's all.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
No, I don't remember as there has been and always will be availability issues on products, new or not. How many kits have come out with no parts support in the last 5 years? Heck, how many times do companies divert all their stock to a "large race" so it will be some time before your order is fulfilled? (answer is greater than 1 on both accounts)

Look, if you're so bent on winning the A main every week at your local track that you need the latest and greatest stuff then you're going to cost yourself and your competition out of the whole deal. Hey more power to you but you must realize that it is "club" racing and I think you're missing out on the bigger picture.
Save the new go fast stuff for practice and the big event.

Done on this.

Good luck to every one at the next event and make sure to buy Matt a few chicken strips.. past experience says he doesn't mind if they are dirty.
Mason I think u just like reading your own post because I didn't just
start yesterday I have been in and out for 19 years and stock classes have always been about the flavor of the month big races or club races if I am wrong someone else please chime in.And to all of you that think I was bashing T.Carver he knows I was only yankin his shank.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Jconcepts crew

Paul&Jason I would like to say that I over reacted about the transponder deal at the start of the race you guys have always been cool and ran a tight ship hope there are no hard feelings.I had a bad weekend and when the time was right I took it out on you guys and I am sorry for that.
P.Carlo
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceRoc
Mark, No problem with you.

I don't care if someone is coaching. the problem is when a Driver YELLS the "F" word from the drivers stand, and a group of people seemed to think it was funny. I do not think it was funny and the guy should have been warned about his language... That's all.
I would be the guy you are talking about.I didn't mean to offend you or anyone and I should have not used the f word seeing there was kids around and i appologize. I was there with a bunch of guys and i landed on the d main which is not like me and all the guys were givin me a hard time and over coaching me and that's what lead to that. can't wait for round two.d main here I come! and carver keep on cheating and hacking!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JaderL
although i didnt go to the cup. this subject has never changed since i started racing 3 years ago. the problem isnt that there is a stock class, expert stock or mod. the problem is sandbaggers that want to be big fish in small pond. that dont wanna move up and run a faster class because they dont wanna get their ass whoopings. i think after every supercup season, top 5 finishers in each stock class shhouldnt be allowed to run stock anymore. stock class should be for the people that arent as fast, as consistent and for the entry level, so they could have a chance at winning something. not for the guy running for 3, 4, 5+ years with a list of sponsors. as far as people taking each other out during races, thats always gonna happen, it happens in mod too. the only way to fight this is the race director and the people helping him to call out the people doing it, issuing stop and goes, penalties, etc etc. i think if you ruin someones race, yours should be ruined as well. hopefully ill be able to make round 2.
+1
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kompressor
I was there with a bunch of guys and i landed on the d main which is not like me

Who are you lying to The D main is just like you. "DLEO"
Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe having a distinct class between Stock and Mod would help?
I remember in my on road days, we used to have Stock 27T, Spec-Mod 19T and Open Mod, brushed motors and NiCd batteries, that was a while ago.

19T was a great intermediate class for guys that wanted to move from Stock to a class with more power, but not as powerful as Mod. It was a lot of fun and the competition was great.

The recent on road Nationals had such an arrangement, where local FL driver TJ Bradley was crowned 13.5 TC National Champ.

-17.5 Stock
-13.5 Pro Stock, Spec-Mod whatever you want to call it
-Mod

Just throwing ideas to ponder out there.

-Joel

Last edited by Sanabria; 08-29-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bseckel
Who are you lying to The D main is just like you. "DLEO"
I AGREE + 10000000000000
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM
PW
Tech Elite

The Super Cup will finish out the season as is and like every year, all classes and rules will be under review for possible changes for next season. We truly appreciate everyone's feedback as we are listening, but the childish bickering that has been going on lately needs to stop.

Originally Posted by SC10-2WIN
Paul&Jason I would like to say that I over reacted about the transponder deal at the start of the race you guys have always been cool and ran a tight ship hope there are no hard feelings.I had a bad weekend and when the time was right I took it out on you guys and I am sorry for that.
P.Carlo
Thank you Patrick and we understand the heat of the moment.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

HEY PW
A LITTLE ? WILL ELEC BE RUNNING ON SUNDAY ALSO OR JUST NITRO AT THE CLASH
Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tcarver
HEY PW
A LITTLE ? WILL ELEC BE RUNNING ON SUNDAY ALSO OR JUST NITRO AT THE CLASH
Yes; electric mains will be Sunday at the Clash.

Clash schedule
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

THANKS PW
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Can't wait, Countdown has already started and I put my request in today to get that week off. Now let's just hope I get it Approved!! Clash Baby...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.