Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attn: All Florida Racers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Attn: All Florida Racers!

this is a warning to all of us..i had the chance to stay in my house as a category 2 huricane went over the house. frances is going to be a beast compared to charley. if this thing is predicted to come your way..DO NOT THROW ANY STUPID PARTIES..DO NOT THINK YOUR LT. DAN IN FOREST GUMP AND FLASH YOUR FISTS IN THE AIR AT THE HURICANE. you will not survive to read any more of my stupid posts! these things are alot more damaging than you can imagine. if it hits our coast with 150 mph winds and you didn't leave your house may god have mercy on you..this is no joke...leave town..go to the other coast..as of tonight it doesn't look good for the east coast of florida..this thread by friday could become the last post you read in awhile for many of us..or it could do what 100's of canes have done and go out to sea? let's all keep an eye on this thing and pray it goes away..central florida just doesn't need another cane right now, if ever!

to give you some idea of what has happened since charley..rich (cneyedog) has just had the insurance adjuster out to his house..he left without a check in hand...the roofing people are coming by this tuesday to look at the roof..after the estimate..it will be 6 weeks before they start any work! so rich still has tarps on 35% of his roof! the damage to my house has not been repaired either..there just isn't enough repair people to do the work they have down here. and we didn't live through a monster like francis is shaping up to be...please by friday we will all know alot more...do not play with huricanes..

i think i have posted maybe 3 serious posts in over 5 years on the net...this one is no joke.. stay safe bill
Old 08-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ditto!
Old 08-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

As someone who lived threw Andrew this thing scares the hell out of me. Im with Katfish on this if you've never been threw a Hurricane ITS NOT A JOKE if you are told to evacuate DO IT your life could depend on it.

Rolando Cusine
Old 08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Not looking good http://www.nontoxic-internet.com/Frances.htm
Old 08-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

paul tell troy i'm on vacation starting friday..i'll be over his apt to eat his tub of ice cream and sheot on his couch! i'm not gonna stay here! lol this will realy suck if we get hit with 2 canes in 3 weeks time!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:37 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Yeah, this is insane!!! Now it's the east coast turn to move to the west coast

Well it looks like Troy and I will be hosting open house this weekend!

BTW: I've noticed a disturbing trend in FL lately....The invasion of FOCAR and this left turn only BS.....Hurricanes only turn left....Makes you go Hmmmm....

Last edited by PW; 09-01-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

As someone who went through Andrew (Cat 5) a hurricane is no joke. However scaring everyone will get nothing done. First the hurricane is still to far away to tell where it will hit. With Andrew they said it was going to hit the keys, then they said north miami, then at the last minute it wobbled south and hit homestead. So before wide spread panic is brought upon us lets first keep watching and see where this thing is heading. Also remember charley was "supposed" to hit Tampa. Where did it go? Orlando, Punta gorda leaving tampa untouched. I have been reading and getting as much info as i could today about frances and at 8:00am it was supposed to be at orlando on sunday, then at the 11:00am update it was supposed to be near s carolina on sunday. hurricanes are unpredictable. We can assume where its going to hit but we never know. I am in no way trying to say this thing isnt going to hit somewhere but for all we know it can turn in either direction or go up the coast. Just play it smart and get all the info before saing where its going to hit.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

be safe out there guys.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Being right where it is to make landfall is starting to worry me. I am boarding up today and evacuating tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default kreidel !!!

kevin call me sometime today ,also mike you rock good race sunday
Old 09-01-2004, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanx munchie. I think i could have done a little before in the qualifiers if the pin on the bottom of my front arm didnt keep coming loose. But after I calmed down a little during the main (with bobbys help) i was able to pull off a 3rd place finish. A couple people had to flame out (bummer austin) but a finish is a finish.

Kev, you guys take it easy up there. Just keep watching the news. these things can be very unpredictable. Be smart. If you leave where are you going?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally posted by kreidel
Being right where it is to make landfall is starting to worry me. I am boarding up today and evacuating tomorrow.
ya me too this sucks here we go again!!! good luck out there
Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

PW IT'S FOCARS !!!!! PUNK!
Old 09-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

anyone scared yet? scott meeks ken campbell and kreidel may get a head on impact with frank!

i know wherever it hits i can count on a touring car race!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:02 PM

yup lets race touring saturday night with aquaplane treads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.