Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Summer Sizzler Points Series @ Superior Hobbies Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SVODude
I really wish we could start using Saturdays before the points series races for test and tune rather than another day of racing. I am no longer going to participate in club races as long as they are back to back like this. Race day is too hectic to set a car up, especially a new one. It also isn’t worth risking the wear and tear the day before the points series race either. I would rather the club race occur on a non points series weekend for additional practice, not the replacement for practice. I also do not have the time to commit two whole days of the weekend to racing.
I am sure some will disagree, but I personally like arriving the Saturday before an event at my leisure to test and tune my car. Just my two cents, if others feel the same way I encourage you to speak up.
Good Luck!
what better way to test and tune the car is during a club race, you have the lap counting system to see if what improvements you are doing

I wish I could make this one
Old 06-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
I would doubt if the weather is bad that it would be the following weekend as there is a state race in Kissimmee (sat and sun).But you would have to ask Superior.
How many WGT are thinking about making the trip. I've still got 1 hour to wait and see if the sc truck shows up. That will make up mine mind.I'll let ya'll know as soon as I can.
My brother and I will both have WGT cars there.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

seems like theres always a COMPLAINER IN THE CROWD !!! YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A PLACE TO RACE AT MY FREIND THE GUYS AT SUPERIOR ALWAYS GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO GIVE PEOPLE A PLACE TO RUN....SO WHY COMPLAIN IF YOU CANT MAKE BOTH DAYS THEN RUN ONE DAY..OR JUST BUILD YOUR OWN TRACK!!!TEST AND TUNE THERE ON YOUR OWN TIMESHOW SOME APPRECIATION FOR THESE GUYS THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY LOVE IT ITS NOT LIKE THERE MAKING TONS OF DOE OF THESE RACES ANYWAY!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you can't make the race on saturday then just show up after it's over. Everytime i've been there on a saturday, several guys stay later and turn laps once the racing is done.

I'd be there today if the weather didn't look sketchy. Two hours one way is a little too far to take a chance.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sunday - race#1 Summer Sizzler

So you guys ready to race??!! Summer Sizzler Points Series is running tomorrow!!

Saturday ended up being an open practice day due to not enough people coming out to join us today....unfortunately. Weather has been great all day and no rain has dropped on us. We will push through as we always due with our current summer weather conditions. Most times we have been successful. We will be running 2 rounds of qualifying and mains.

To the racer that inquired about practice on saturday....you should of came out! Sometimes many don't race but run a few packs to get ready. Most times we don't have practice or racing for onroad due to us having other events scheduled. Also, the sun stays out quite late and many racers enjoy a good evening practice session after we are done with our daily event on saturdays. Hope to see you for sunday and sorry you missed a good practice day today, maybe next month.

Looking forward to a great day tomorrow, the track layout is fast with some technical. Don't forget to pass the word to all your racing friends and we will see you tomorrow at Superior Hobbies!! Registration closes at 8:45am - racing starts at 10am.

Best Regards,
Ken Higby
Superior Hobbies
tel: 407.834.9299
www.superiorhobbies.com
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

one more thing......due to our current situation with permits and the City of Casselberry, IF we do have a raindate, it will run the following month.

We try really hard to complete each race, even during the threat of rain. Many times even when it has rained, we have been able to dry the track and continue.

I would like to thank everyone who continues to support our racing program. We do our best to bring the best R/C onroad racing to Central Florida/Orlando. This is our passion and we continue to strive to bring the racers a great racing program that EVERYONE enjoys. Remember, this is a hobby and we are doing this for FUN!!

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you at the track!!!

Best Regards,
Ken Higby
Superior Hobbies
www.superiorhobbies.com
Old 06-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

please post pics of the event and videos if you can!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Great day of racing! See everyone next time.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I gad a great time racing today! Thank You Superior for putting on another awesome event!

For the record, I do appreciate what you guys do for the hobby and racing!

See you next month!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

did someone took pics?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Race#1 Summer Sizzler Points Series results

Here is the link to the race results for race#1 of our Summer Sizzler Points Series.

UNFORTUNATELY we do not have any pics......*cough* cough* (hint, hint) but maybe next month. (maybe someone will catch that, they know who they are)

It was a great day of racing, we had a big NITRO turnout with alot of new racers showing up for race#1 of the series. We are glad to see you and it looked like everyone had a blast!!

Short Course class......that class is really all about FUN....who cares who comes in 1st! Everyone comes off the drivers stand with a big smile everytime!! Hope to see more of you guys in this class next race!!

Click here for race results: http://www.superiorhobbies.com/resul...06-06-2010.htm

Hope to see everyone out next month!! Race#1 was a big success, don't miss out on the best R/C racing series in Central Florida!!!!

Ken Higby
Superior Hobbies
www.superiorhobbies.com
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

glad to hear that the event went well.

PD: Superhobby you have a PM!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default Summer Sizzler Points Series Race #2

Just a note that we will be racing on July 11th for race#2 of our Summer Sizzler Points Series.

Due to the 4th of July holiday weekend, we decided to move our event back 1 week so that racers and employees could enjoy the holiday weekend.

Again, July 11th! Race#2!!! If you missed the first race, no worries!! It is best 3 out of 4 races to be included in the points!! So you better be at Superior on the 11th!!! No excuses!!!!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July holiday!

Ken Higby
Superior Hobbies Online
www.superiorhobbies.com

P.S. See us on Facebook for the latest news, annoucements, and race coupons, brought to you by Superior Hobbies!!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone want to run either WGT or 12th scale this weekend?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
Anyone want to run either WGT or 12th scale this weekend?
I cannot make it this weekend because I have autocross, but I'd be interested in running 1/12th at the next event!

What rules/classing would we be running for 1/12th if we did it? My car is just kind of thrown together right now, and it has a 7.5t in it and a 4900mAh 1s pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.