Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA On-Road Banquet/Dinner?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default FSEARA On-Road Banquet/Dinner?????

Is there any details on this dinner/banquet for last years trophies? I thought I heard it was going to be Saturday Night at The first series race at Speedline, but was wanting more details if there are any yet? Thanks. I can't ever seem to get the FSEARA Site to work properly to check here on my apple mac......
Old 01-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

hay whats going on tim the banquet well be on the saturday night of the state race i'm not to sure where yet but john was thinking about having it at the dog track......................but dont hold me to that john is at the novak race right now and he will be back on monday so we should have all the info by then i hope this helps you out

thanks Dave
Old 01-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Suspended

let me tell you what FORGASS does.

We have a post season non-points race at the end of the season called the "sour grapes race" it's kind of a tradition and it's where we hold the annual meeting to vote on officers, rules, etc. and we have a BBQ and awards right there at the track. it's always a good time!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Recently our banquet/awards dinner for the year has been held the Saturday night of the first race weekend. Joe can you comment on what you have been working on ?

Thanks, and we will be seeing you soon.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool Track Time

Turbo(Peanut,Tim) are you going to be up on 1/16/04
for track time at Speedline?
Johnny
Old 01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Okay why do they call it the ""Sour Grapes" Race?Do you know the answer?I found out last friday night.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Johnny, I will be at the track friday am. Staying up there the whole weekend.
I am bring the pit trailer with me...
Old 01-08-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

The dinner banquet right now is planned for Saturday the 17th , at 8:30 pm . There is a local place kinda like race rock called Quaker steak , they have an outside patio for us , and even an inside room if weather doesnt cooperate . The place has excellent food , great racing atmosphere , 3 bars , hundrerds of TV's . It should be a nice deal . We will have the cost arrangement worked out this week . I will post as soon as i have the details .
Old 01-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Sounds Great.... what's the drink special... 10w40 ?
Old 01-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 10w 40

Quaker Steak? Is it an Amish place? Do they only serve two mennonite? Johnny G., looks like I'll be able to go up Fri. day too, will call. Heard from a reliable source that it's a great place. Thanks Joe!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

I went to Quaker Steak and Lube during the Region 4 Races, it was cool and the food was good. Great Idea!!!!! Thanks! Joe
Old 01-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

It really is a neat place !!!!! Quaker Steak
Old 01-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool MMMM MMMM GOOD

That sound good(Turbo do you thing we can get Ed to buy again?)
Old 01-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Johnny are ya hungry? lol. Those hot wings are awesome!!! lol. It's great living only what, 1 mile from the place? lol.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Suspended

Default FORGASS Sour Grapes Race

Well, Bill Fraden called me yesterday to give me a reason to why they call it the "sour grapes" race. I had to validate it. I asked Doug Mcneely (works for serpent and a FORGASS founding father) the other day via email. He replied with this strange excitement, I must have caught him at a good time....

"The “Sour Grapes”. It has nothing to do with a specific incident or any person in particular

It is very simple, when we first started the Fuel Series we needed a reason to get everyone together to receive their racing season awards and have a meting to elect new officers and discuss rule changes for the next season.

One evening and morning at a Series race in Orlando, we were bending our elbows downing several beers at a topless club, thinking about the year end awards and meeting. Talking about having your priorities wrong! Anyway, the more we drank the more frank our discussion became about how to get people together. It is not hard to get the winners to attend because they know they will get really nice awards. It’s the rest of us that need to be coaxed to attend. We needed to come up with an event that would be a lot of fun and really bring a lot of the Series participants together.

The more beers we consumed, it became crystal clear, like fog, and our conclusions were spot on. As all of us know, sometimes we do not do as well as we expected at the races. However, it is never our fault that we had bad results and could not beat the winners. You know, “I had a bad set of tires.” “This car is a piece of sh$t , how can it possibly break after I only tapped the wall at 40mph for the 19th time.” “My pitman wasn’t fast enough and couldn’t replace the right front corner in 15 seconds”. “If only the turn marshall would have ran a little faster and jumped over 6 cars and put my wheel back on as I was gunning the throttle, I could have won.” We all have heard and used these excuses in probably a 1,000 different versions after the races. It is our way of keeping our sanity and realizing it was not our fault that we did not win. These stories make for great bench racing after the event and are part of the bonding process that we all go through when we are involved in this wonderful hobby/sport/industry.

We decided to make this event a race. It would be lower key and really promote friendship and camaraderie among our racing friends. This race would be our last chance to get even with winners for the season and get that “Sour Grapes” taste out of our mouth and show the world how good we can really be!

Viola! The “SOUR GRAPES RACE” was born and has been around for over 25 years!"

There you have it folks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.