Wiki Posts
Search

Central Florida 1/8th Electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Skelly1344,

Not sure how far you are from Daytona. They have free practice on wed night from 6-9 and Sunday pay practice from 6-9. If you ever come out then let me know I will try to make it out.

Have you gotten to run your system much? Any pros or cons you can share are helpful. I would like to share any useful information with others that may want to build and run them around here.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Skelly1344,

Not sure how far you are from Daytona. They have free practice on wed night from 6-9 and Sunday pay practice from 6-9. If you ever come out then let me know I will try to make it out.

Have you gotten to run your system much? Any pros or cons you can share are helpful. I would like to share any useful information with others that may want to build and run them around here.
I'm in Orlando by the airport, so it would be a decent haul for me to make it on a Weds night.

I've run my system in my CRT quite a bit and it's set up pretty well in terms of component temperatures and speed. I should be running the buggy a bit more this Sunday so I'll get to check it out more then.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nichocgn
Skelly1344,

Unless they changed it, the wednesday practice is right, the sunday is wrong. Practice times are each Wed at 6pm-9pm and Sundays at 3pm-7pm. Practice fees are: Wed-free and Sun-$5.00.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Here are 2 websites. Also DC Off Road Park races saturday nights with full stadium lights that are around the whole track. Have pit table with full lighting and power outlets at each table.

http://www.dcoffroadrcpark.org/

http://wayoutwestrc.com/
Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Well I went to Daytona after a long drive back from Coral Springs. They had a 1/8 electric heat by itself with 4 buggies, a full heat of nitro truggy, a full heat of nitro buggy, 7 mod electric 4wds, a heat of 1/10 electric truck or buggy, and a slash class.

Also the track has changed.

Pretty good turnout yesterday.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

there were to classes last night at B&B of elec 1/8 with a total 65 entries from 1/10 2wd/4wd 1/8 elec buggy/nitro truggy nitro
Old 03-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Well I had a blast racing at East Coast. We had 4 electric buggies. I confirmed my driving is lacking some but it will get better. Maybe I can hunt out Kingsbury in a practice and follow around his nitro and get better.

I ended up 2nd and just had fun. Hopefully the guys will run the systems some more. There were no major failures but one person was having some power issues with his ESC but was able to run. So hopefully it will get sorted out and he will run more.

Still want more people to run some of these things. So if you get one let everyone know and maybe we can all get some races together.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Glenn, your Rc8E looked dialed. I was watching your laps during the main and they were really good. I'll be there Wed. with the new TQ SX8. I'm almost done building it and it looks sweet...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

It was actually very predictable for me. I just have to learn how to push it consistently. that should come with time.

I doubt I will make this Weds. I am going to tear everything down and change diff oil and such and see how it is doing. It has been 3 races and 2 practices since I have torn into it. So I need to dig in and make sure I am not killing a diff or something.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Ehh...I ran my rc8 for 5 months with hardly any maint., bearings good, clutch shoes wore but unaffected performance, diffs good. The every few race tear down is overrated.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Probably. But I want to make sure I dont have a tweak of some sort. I have seen some jumping that is a little off. So I just need to go through everything. Nothing major. And as I learn what I have problems or not with I will not rebuild as often.