Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009/2010 FSEARA Rule Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dave, I hate to agree with your ideas... but they look solid... I would just drop Mod...

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
lmao @ Roly & PW

format:
i like the idea of a one day event
saturday open practice
sunday 2 qual & mains

classes:
TC 17.5
TC 13.5
TC open mod
TC master
as far as any other classes go if there is enuff cars in that class we run them

tire:
who cares whatever we run will be good

rules:
basic ROAR rules we use them as a guide line now

we could also cut down on the cost with a one day race:
1. most people would not take off work on friday
2. one day in hotel instead of two
3. lower the sign up fee to $20.00
4. only one set of tires per racer / one additional set if you make the main
5. no more banquette it seems to be more work then what its worth
6. no more awards for every race / just the end of the year awards and we could hand them out at the track (the first race of the year)

i just think we could all benefit if we keep it simple but who knows?????????????????
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

--- One day event---
---2 classed 17.5 and 10.5---
No stupid ass mod class that no one runs have two class that everyone can enter
Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Dave, I hate to agree with your ideas... but they look solid... I would just drop Mod...
Hey PW, Tim & Dave:

1) if open mod is dropped, then would the guys that normally run open mod be allowed to run in 17.5 as well as 13.5?

2) What ever happened to developmental system where one moves up the ranks as one's skills progress? Wasn't it like that back in the day?

Novice- beginners run here...17.5 BL. No sponsored drivers allowed here. Masters OK to run here as well. Here is where people learn the ropes of driving and tuning cars, etc.

Super Stock- 13.5 BL experienced drivers can run here along with sponsored drivers and the sandbagging "Master" level drivers as well.

Mod Class- 10.5-2.5T BL motors...only for those w/ skills & experience in 13.5

or just...

Stock 17.5- beginners and intermediate level drivers and masters

Open Mod- 13.5 and below- sponsored and experienced drivers can all run together each with his motor of choice- 13.5 these days can be just as quick as mod motors in our med size Florida tracks, and provides a bit better competition for those running 10.5 and 13.5 classes who should running mod instead from the good mod guys.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i understand what you say about moving up in the ranks and yes thats a good idea if we had the problem with people needing to move up,
one the turnouts arent even big enough to fill one class and its not getting any bigger unless we change something
and two we had a bigger class and what do you know the mod drivers are running 17.5
This shit is SHENANIGANS
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChestyV32
i understand what you say about moving up in the ranks and yes thats a good idea if we had the problem with people needing to move up,
one the turnouts arent even big enough to fill one class and its not getting any bigger unless we change something
and two we had a bigger class and what do you know the mod drivers are running 17.5
This shit is SHENANIGANS
+1

Pblm 1: low turn out per class...way too many classes. Solution: Cut classes down.

Pblm 2: disproportionate competition levels. No developmental classes or format. Learning how to drive and set up a car are not stressed since there's no system in place which promotes moving up in class and earning your way into a class or qualifying for it. Solution: increase competition by cutting down classes and setting them up so that you have a system where drivers race within their skill level and can move up as they progress...

Sportsman level: begginning level w/ 17.5...here people can start out and learn how to drive and work on their cars...once they can consistantly get in mains or turn certain amount of laps or times, they can be allowed to move up into the next level, the Expert Class.

Expert: Experienced and sponsored drivers run here, as well as "sandbagging" Masters. This class should be faster class, and open motor from 13.5 and below, to force those sponsored or very good privateers running 13.5 and 17.5 classes to step up their game and be challenged by those running mod. Anyways, 13.5 is just as fast these days, if not faster, and it will give them much better competition, but not force them to run mod motors...Those sponsored state and national level drivers running in stock and superstock classes that are concerned about running mod because they dont want to tear up their car's drivetrains or rebuild as often, you got two choices:

a) Run in the open mod class, but run 13.5, 10.5, 8.5 or what ever...you're good enough with 13.5 power that you turn just as fast lap times as open mod times and sometimes even quicker, and you don't need to worry about tearing up your drive train, but guess what, now you have good competition from those guys running 6.5 - 4.5 motors. The mod guys too benefit because now they suddenly aren't running with the same old 6-7 guys per class, but rather 20-25 drivers. It's a Win/Win

b) Everyone run 13.5 pr 10.5 as the mod class.

c) No mod/pro class

Masters: experienced masters should be running in the expert class period. It's about driving skills and not age. If you can drive, you should be running in the expert class.

Last edited by yyhayyim; 03-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You mean.. no masters ?
17.5 masters
13.5 everbody else
mod
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

First, I am going to beat a dead horse...

10.5 has got to go...

No use for it, sell all those 10.5 motors. It was a bad call last year to run 10.5's
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Yohan,

Mod is a dead class. Period

We breathed some life back into it with the Reedy format, but it's time has come to remove as a Champ class. You cannot put a sqaure peg in a round hole.. so lets stop. There are 4 or 5 people that run mod well, and we cannot support a class withthat many people.

Lets throw this one on the table, and I admit to pilfering the idea partly from Mike Bruce...

Sportsman - 17.5
Expert 13.5 - Run in the Reedy Format

Old guys class... 17.5 ,and run it concurrent with the Sportsman's class. Just score them different for points. < BTW this is the way Masters was first approved, but never run.

It will consolidate things down, and give the opportunity to run ether format...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Yohan,

Mod is a dead class. Period

We breathed some life back into it with the Reedy format, but it's time has come to remove as a Champ class. You cannot put a sqaure peg in a round hole.. so lets stop. There are 4 or 5 people that run mod well, and we cannot support a class withthat many people.

Lets throw this one on the table, and I admit to pilfering the idea partly from Mike Bruce...

Sportsman - 17.5
Expert 13.5 - Run in the Reedy Format

Old guys class... 17.5 ,and run it concurrent with the Sportsman's class. Just score them different for points. < BTW this is the way Masters was first approved, but never run.

It will consolidate things down, and give the opportunity to run ether format...

Oh well
17.5 master
Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

BTW no more 45 minutes breaks between quals
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

I think mod should stay it was fun to watch at Kraceway get rid of the multiple 17 classes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

What would Marcos do
Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

First, I agree that the racers really should have input or opinions, but not a vote. The final decision should come from FSEARA.

With the turnouts we have seen lately, 1 day events are feasible.

I agree with the lessening of classes, but if we do lower it to just say 2 or 3, I think we need a rookie/sportman/novice/Fraden .5 class as well. Be it a run what you brung type deal, where beginners can get a taste of the track and schedule. (We had some newbie's in 17.5 at Kraceway...Some of them were lapped several times each lap...not fair to them or those trying to qualify).

1 set of tires per class.

10.5 is dead....Use for Mod only....

Let's follow ROAR Rules, PERIOD- Classes, Weight, Tech, Etc!

Another option, that I think might be fun: We can run 2, 1 day events each weekend. Meaning a 1 day event on Saturday, and another 1 day event on Sunday. That way those that can't make Saturday, still can race a full event on Sunday and vice versa. Also if you blowout on saturday, you can collect yourself and have an entire fresh race day on sunday. Like I said, it is an option.......
Old 03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
First, I agree that the racers really should have input or opinions, but not a vote. The final decision should come from FSEARA.

With the turnouts we have seen lately, 1 day events are feasible.

I agree with the lessening of classes, but if we do lower it to just say 2 or 3, I think we need a rookie/sportman/novice/Fraden .5 class as well. Be it a run what you brung type deal, where beginners can get a taste of the track and schedule. (We had some newbie's in 17.5 at Kraceway...Some of them were lapped several times each lap...not fair to them or those trying to qualify).

1 set of tires per class.

10.5 is dead....Use for Mod only....

Let's follow ROAR Rules, PERIOD- Classes, Weight, Tech, Etc!

Another option, that I think might be fun: We can run 2, 1 day events each weekend. Meaning a 1 day event on Saturday, and another 1 day event on Sunday. That way those that can't make Saturday, still can race a full event on Sunday and vice versa. Also if you blowout on saturday, you can collect yourself and have an entire fresh race day on sunday. Like I said, it is an option.......

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love 51 oz
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

For those of you who think the racers shouldn't decide what is best for the series I ask, is there anyone involved in the series who isn't a racer?

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.