U.S. Concrete Oval Champs -Ft Lauderdale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Concrete Oval Champs -Ft Lauderdale

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Speedxl, I think the t2 bodies are for the touring car class only. I would have to think that the pan car class would be the truck or the winston cup bodies.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

cad i kinda want to run a truck body or nascar body its an oval race! remember i am a road racer ! i like touring cars but touring body dont belong on an oval!
just thought it would look cool running trucks and the other classes with thier car bodys!
Old 09-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

The primary reason we have said Touring (T2) Bodies or NASCAR (Winston Cup as ROAR labels them) is certainly based on most hobby shops body inventory many racers would find it a challenge to locate Winston Cup bodies to fit their Touring cars.

Personally, I would love to see it be all NASCAR but I want to make it work for the racers without making them shop all of the country for bodies.

More feedback is welcomed!

Bob
Old 09-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

i just thought there was ample time till the race.
plus being a sedan aka. trucks with car bodies
a nastruck bodie would be appropriate!
12 bush!
10 scale pan wiston cup
sedan crapman truck!

just consider it there is still time to post it !
if not thats ok i have plenty touring bodies.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by amusicwiz
The primary reason we have said Touring (T2) Bodies or NASCAR (Winston Cup as ROAR labels them) is certainly based on most hobby shops body inventory many racers would find it a challenge to locate Winston Cup bodies to fit their Touring cars.

Personally, I would love to see it be all NASCAR but I want to make it work for the racers without making them shop all of the country for bodies.

Bob
Bolink and many other companies make NASCAR bodies which are readily available, and while most hobby shops may not stock these bodies, they can easily order them and have them within a week or so!

I will definetly be there racing 12th scale and touring car! Can you please give more details on the insane speed run?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Accord:

I am always concerned for every racer's dollars (except my own).

We will make it NASCAR bodies for all classes AND SEE WHAT FEEDBACK i GET.

The "insane speed run" will be an "anything goes" opportunity to set a speed record. ELECTRIC ONLY.......
Any chassis, any motor, any number of cells, no weight restriction.
For each entry you will be given 3 speed runs.

Hoping to get a real focus on just how fast the track is and how fast someone can really drive the track with this!

Really nice trophy for the INSANE SPEED RUN...hope we have lots of entries

bob
Old 09-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to enter the insane speed run class with my 12th scale, brushless motor, and 12 cells .
Old 09-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

john i dogg you with a stock motored sedan!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Accord:

Great to hear! That may very well be the first brushless motor setup to run on our track. None of the regulars have ventured there yet!

Bob
Old 09-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by amusicwiz

Bob

any protoform nascar body would fit a electris touring car. the snowbirds was made up of losi nascar touring bodies as well as protoform nascar bodies..ex: protoform HD monte carlo body..they look awesome mounted on a touring car! all touring sleds should have to run a nascar style body only..
Old 09-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

musicwiz i went to the track on sta nite to meet with you yes all classes should run nascar bodies including sedans.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default GASCAR Rules

Hello, I Just came across this forum. I race the GASCAR races and I just came back from a race in Montgomery, AL yesterday. While I was there, I talked to JERRY EVANS, VP of the 4WD Touring for GASCAR.

The Engine Rules are:
.12 or .15 Side or Rear exhaust
NO Turbo Heads
NO Modified Engines
3 INTAKE PORTS and 1 Exhaust

(this keeps it competitive. You wouldn't alow mod 19-turn motors to run with stock motors in a race would you?)

The Body Rules are: 4dr Sedan or NASCAR bodies
Pick your favorite driver and paint a body. Would be nice to see a full field. I'll bring my camera!

I am looking forward to coming down and race. I also talked to the President of GASCAR and he is coming down to race the NITRO Pan class. From what I have heard, quite a few racers are going to be there.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

I read a lot of these post and I just don't get it. Who really cares what body you pick to run with. If the guy that is putting on the show wants to run 6 cell touring chassis with T2 bodies, then who are we to tell him he can't. And in none of amusicewiz's posts did I read where he was asking what everyone else in the country is doing when they run oval races. If he wants to run 7 cell touring cars with '57 nomad bodies, then why complain about it. If you don't want to run with that configuration then don't. You don't need to boohoo about what the classes he has picked, just run what you want to run and leave it at that. Maybe he is just trying to apeal to the largest group of racers and not what a small group of people think he should be running. This is why it always seems be be a battle between the onroad racers and the oval racers. I personally don't see a need for it. When you all get the opportunity to hold your own race, then you can pick the classes you want and run it the way you want it run. Until then, just let the man run it the way he and his club want to want to run it.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default No BOO HOO...Just RULES

Races have rules. Rules for NITRO say, "GASCAR RULES" All I posted was GASCAR rule info.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

cadzilla if you are arnt showing up to race dont comment . we were only suggesting it for appearence reasonson and if you read correctly and in between the lines WE ARE SUPPORTING HIM WE ARE SUPPORTING HIM WE ARE SUPPORTING HIM WE ARE SUPPORTING HIM! we are wanting to attend he race because its a locall affair enviting out of towners and i am not a nascar fan but am being open minded about it and thought it be appropriet to run nascar bodies on sedans to make it ligitly an oval race. there wasnt a problem until now that you are attacking the road racers that are in support of the event and want to race with you guys in an attemp to bring both groups together.
plus he said yes to nascar bodies and we are happy no body complained aftert that and we are HAPPY! lets play together and have fun! lets race ! hey buy the way you got a sedan! brfing it out and see if you can hang with the road racers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.