Wiki Posts
Search

Fseara Race #5 May 17 /18 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTTim
The new tires r for sale Saturday. They will not be available on Friday for practice. I will have 21 sets of the jack blues on dish rims available for sale Friday for $20.00 a set while they last. Come see me if u would like to purchase some. Ands its two sets of tires per class like always. U guys should be very happy with the new tires and rims. Just remember to bring ur glue!!!!!!
OMG the new Jaco blues are here!!! I think everybody's gonna love these...the best looking wheels/tires in the market now

Brian...dont forget the garbage!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i guess that will give the guys that tested the tires a unfair advantage
First of all this is Butter not Tim Potter.... A few things I wanted to comment on..

1. I ALONE tested the tire

2. I think if you and I raced it wouldn't matter if I even used tires.

3. It's the same for EVERYONE

4. I'm not racing

and last but not least..

5. You always say you are coming to a race, "see you there", Blah blah blah and then..YOU NEVER SHOW UP!

Warm regards,

Butter
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Tim it depends on turnout.... we have limit tires, and if we cannot have them for all, then it would be unfair. I was thinking of proposing to Tim that we glue up a few of sets , so people can put a couple of minutes a piece on them .. to get a feel...
Either way is fine with me, Thanks.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

First of all this is Butter not Tim Potter.... A few things I wanted to comment on..

4. I'm not racing

and last but not least..

5. You always say you are coming to a race, "see you there", Blah blah blah and then..YOU NEVER SHOW UP!

Warm regards,

Butter
jeez all of this just because i asked for practice tires?? ill be there just for you butter

if i recall i was at the daytona race and on both days too??what a shocker

just to refresh your memory i was at the PnP race in january,i was at the race in superior hobbies in march, and the daytona race last month , i missed mdi race because it was too darn far for me
Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

4. I'm not racing

and last but not least..

Warm regards,

Butter
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
jeez all of this just because i asked for practice tires?? ill be there just for you butter

if i recall i was at the daytona race and on both days too??what a shocker
Now, Now you two, You both know better!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Now, Now you two, You both know better!
sorry tim
Old 05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
PW
Tech Elite

WOW...I've kinda been out of touch with on-road lately, but this all sounds a little crazy!

If we can't actually try the new tires before the first qualifer then we really shouldn't be using them until we have adequate supply

I don't mind that one or two persons got to test the tires (has to be done), but I really don't like the fact that the first round will be everyone's first test with the tires. I'm really hoping that this was a blindside from Jaco and FSEARA didn't make this decision for us?

I'm looking forward to a new tire, but you gotta find a way for us to practice with the new ones.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WOW! I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys are never satisfied. You would rather run a product that has a known defect, instead of trying the company's revised and improved product becaue you can't test it?

It's the same for everyone, no one has the upper hand. There is no oversight by FSEARA it's just an unwillingness of people to ever be satisfied. Damned if the tire is not right and damned if they fix it.

No wonder this hobby and FSEARA in particluar have dwindling attendance.

What would be a better solution? Everyone have a set of tires they can test, before the first Qual? Isn't everyone runing the tire for the first time SIMULTANEOUSLY the same thing?

Jaco sent the new tires because we serve as an ideal test group for the product. We have good drivers, we have great tracks and we have the heat which is the tires biggest enemy. Instead of people being pleased that a change was made and Jaco was courteous enough to send pre-production un-assemebled tires for FSEARA to test before ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY gets to trun them, and I might add, AT A REDUCED COST over ANY other tire including the JACO first version, people bitch and moan....

I Love Nitro.

Butter
Old 05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I’m excited about the new tires. Anything can be better than the old JACO blues (I hope). I don’t see what the big deal is with the new tire, if you’re that worried about them being that much different go out and run them before qualifying starts. One of two things is going to happen:
1) your going to find out the tires are completely different and you will need to make set up changes to your car, and you will have an advantage over the people that didn’t go out with them,
2) your car could be dialed with the tires, and you put one run on your tires.

Either way most likely the fastest time will be put up Sunday morning in the "rocket round".

I think its going to be nice with this curve ball that got thrown at use it’s going to put a little bit of strategy in this week end.

This is just my opinion.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

FYI-in testing this tire had wear patterns and demonstrated wear times like a CS-27..... The stuff I tested still showed the "bead" after (2) 5 minute runs.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm also excited about the new tires! If they hold up for just 1 run more than the current tire I will be happy as hell! Frickin tires are expensive when you're on a budget!

I'm just going to practice for a very short time on the first set before the qualifiers start. No biggie to me.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:54 PM
PW
Tech Elite

I feel like I lost the last race because of the current tires; so I most certainly want to run the new tire!

I was just showing concern regarding running a brand new tire in the first round. Remember modified is heads up and the first round is VERY important with the Reedy Race format (we only get 2 sets for 6 runs). First corner should be interesting.

Instead of people being pleased that a change was made and Jaco was courteous enough to send pre-production un-assemebled tires for FSEARA to test before ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY gets to trun them, and I might add, AT A REDUCED COST over ANY other tire including the JACO first version, people bitch and moan....

I Love Nitro.
I think the Nitro racing is getting to you already; talk about over reacting...LOL j/k I've only read peoples concerns regarding FSEARA's decision; not bitching and moaning.

Maybe like your follow up post you can gives us feedback regarding the tires and the reasons why we should feel confident in your's and FSEARA's decision to run this tire without any practice. Let us know what type of sauce works best, tire warmers, etc... Instead of trying to belittle us for stating our concerns and opinions on the situation.

Last edited by PW; 05-15-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Tires?

Originally Posted by TeamButter
WOW! I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys are never satisfied. You would rather run a product that has a known defect, instead of trying the company's revised and improved product becaue you can't test it?

It's the same for everyone, no one has the upper hand. There is no oversight by FSEARA it's just an unwillingness of people to ever be satisfied. Damned if the tire is not right and damned if they fix it.

What would be a better solution? Everyone have a set of tires they can test, before the first Qual? Isn't everyone runing the tire for the first time SIMULTANEOUSLY the same thing?

Jaco sent the new tires because we serve as an ideal test group for the product. We have good drivers, we have great tracks and we have the heat which is the tires biggest enemy. Instead of people being pleased that a change was made and Jaco was courteous enough to send pre-production un-assemebled tires for FSEARA to test before ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY gets to trun them, and I might add, AT A REDUCED COST over ANY other tire including the JACO first version, people bitch and moan....

I Love Nitro.

Butter
I have to agree with Butter on this...people are complaining about a Better Tire? Cause they cant practice with them before they race...we are All in the same boat on that one. I know alot of you drive better than I & I understand the point of wanting to practice with the set before the race but thats not how it is....O well in my book. Me ... myself Im very happy that the have come out so quickly to fix the tire problem. I am about to the point also of dropping 10th scale & start running 8th scale... thats why I didnt run the series last year(bought a brushless set up to be told it wasnt legal) & now this year its tire issues...like I said before...O well...I just grin & bear it...I just love running my car... & thats why I support the series
Old 05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
I feel like I lost the last race because of the current tires; so I most certainly want to run the new tire!

I was just showing concern regarding running a brand new tire in the first round. Remember modified is heads up and the first round is VERY important with the Reedy Race format (we only get 2 sets for 6 runs). First corner should be interesting.

I think the Nitro racing is getting to you already; talk about over reacting...LOL j/k I've only read peoples concerns regarding FSEARA's decision; not bitching and moaning.

Maybe like your follow up post you can gives us feedback regarding the tires and the reasons why we should feel confident in your's and FSEARA's decision to run this tire without any practice. Let us know what type of sauce works best, tire warmers, etc... Instead of trying to belittle us for stating our concerns and opinions on the situation.
Not sure how you can classify my post as a way to "belittle" your concerns. I have a difficult time understanding what the problem is with running a superior product period. Whether you run it before your first heat or not has no bearing because everyone is in the same boat.

You write how important the tire strategy is and I agree. Valid point. However, if everyone is running them for the first time, my question then is what's the problem. Everyone has 2 sets, everyone will run 6 heats (mod)

I had NO influence or did I have any decision making power with regards to the tire. I was testing tires for JACO and as a side note provided my findings to FSEARA. I think when company X decides to "blindside" the series to use your word, and another steps up with a low price and attempts to fix an issue that they never denied, that perhaps is what helped make up FSEARA's directors minds.

As for nitro getting to me..you are 100% right. Less gear to haul, less crap to carry.

Oh and by the way, tire warmers ALWAYS work.

Last edited by TeamButter; 05-15-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:16 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Not sure how you can classify my post as a way to "belittle" your concerns. I have a difficult time understanding what the problem is with running a superior product period. Whether you run it before your first heat or not has no bearing because everyone is in the same boat.

You write how important the tire strategy is and I agree. Valid point. However, if everyone is running them for the first time, my question then is what's the problem. Everyone has 2 sets, everyone will run 6 heats (mod)

I had NO influence or did I have any decision making power with regards to the tire. I was testing tires for JACO and as a side note provided my findings to FSEARA. I think when company X decides to "blindside" the series to use your word, and another steps up with a low price and attempts to fix an issue that they never denied, that perhaps is what helped make up FSEARA's directors minds.

As for nitro getting to me..you are 100% right. Less gear to haul, less crap to carry.

Oh and by the way, tire warmers ALWAYS work.
Not sure how you can classify my post as a way to "belittle" your concerns.
Your taking peoples opinions and saying that its "bitching and moaning" because its not inline with your opinion. Its one thing to argue your opinion (as you are doing now), but to say we are "bitching and moaning" because we question FSEARA's decision. That's belittling our opinion.

I have a difficult time understanding what the problem is with running a superior product period. Whether you run it before your first heat or not has no bearing because everyone is in the same boat.
After thinking about it some more, I'm really looking forward to running the new tire, but my concerns are still the same. Some cars may work much better than others in the first run giving them a huge advantage; or some cars will be horrible causing a huge mess. I do feel confident that they will work really well, but its still scary thinking about the first few laps in modified on the years fastest track.

what's the problem. Everyone has 2 sets, everyone will run 6 heats (mod)
If your car works awesome and you win then everything is great and no problem, but if your car suddenly sucks (previously good in practice) and your not competitive then its a problem. Waste of 1 new set.

I had NO influence or did I have any decision making power with regards to the tire. I was testing tires for JACO and as a side note provided my findings to FSEARA.
Agreed to a point. If any one of us believe in something then we damn sure try to influence the decision Tim respects your opinion

I think when company X decides to "blindside" the series to use your word, and another steps up with a low price and attempts to fix an issue that they never denied, that perhaps is what helped make up FSEARA's directors minds.
I apologize for using blindside and I shouldn't assume anything, but I do question not having enough tires for everyone to at least have 1 extra set to practice.

Maybe I'm reading to far into your post, but are you saying company X blindsided the series when they could no longer recieve tires because it was 100% out of their hands?

Hmm...

Nitro: Car (engine etc), transmitter, starter box, glow igniter, chargers (batteries for igniter, starter box, and reciever), tire truer, tires in several compounds (38s, 40s, 42s), parts, fuel, fuel bottle, temp gun, and pit guy

Electric: Car (motor etc), transmitter, charger, 1 battery for car, 3 sets of tires (1 compound and no chunking), parts, and warmers optional.

Oh and by the way, tire warmers ALWAYS work
Several of us have actually not been using warmers

Alrighty; now back to working on my car for 4-5 hours to run it for 5 minutes without it spinning out That's the real reason on-road (nitro & electric) is dying!

I was doing so well staying off these threads, but I guess we all fall off the wagon once and a while...LOL I'm done with this subject and will be ready to strap on new kicks for the first qualifier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.