Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Space Coast racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Couple more questions about the space coast racing on the 13th.

1. Is there any kind of regulation on the tires/wheels we can use?

2. do we need transponders? If so, where can i get one and what kind should i get?

3. What kind of frequencies will be thier? I'm running on 27.145 and was wondering if i should get another?
Old 04-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default crystals

you should have at least 2 sets of crystals for racing. I have an extra blue and orange set that I will bring with me. I will be the one with the green pan car.
They will have transponders there, so you won't need to buy one.
see ya there

Steve
Old 04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

if i have yellow, what other color should i get?
Old 04-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would wait until you get there and find out what others in your class are using, and try to get what they're not using.

Steve
Old 04-02-2003, 04:57 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Steve, thanks for getting the pancar guys together! We picked up all the wood for the driver's stand flooring last night. It should be cut and installed by Saturday. We should have the remaining "dots" by the week-end too. All the PVC has been bent as of tonight and that leaves us at 95% complete on the track. The plan is to race Supeior this Sunday and get a little insight on the software. We've got a book on it, but we've got a couple questions and such to address.

11 days and counting!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mellon
I would wait until you get there and find out what others in your class are using, and try to get what they're not using.

Steve
Will anyone have any frequencies that I can buy when i get there?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ASM
. The plan is to race Supeior this Sunday and get a little insight on the software. We've got a book on it, but we've got a couple questions and such to address.

11 days and counting!
What kind of software is it? I'm a computer nut and i will help out if i can
Old 04-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know there is no easy answer to this question, but what kind of spare parts should i bring? Glow plugs, Ignitors, fuel (of course..hehe)? what else should i bring?
Old 04-03-2003, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

You might want to pick up a set of upper and lower suspension arms and the pins that hold them in place. Nothing worse than breaking an arm or bending a pin and not be able to finish a race weekend. I also bring a shock rebuild set with me as well, just incase I break a shock shaft. And lastly you might want to get a set of replacement belts if your car is belt driven. Thats about all I can think of, hope this helps you out a little.

Patrick
Old 04-03-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanx, thats helps out alot. I will check my lhs for the parts that way i can be prepared.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi ,Thank you for the response. We drove past the hobby shop late Sunday evening.The parking area for the shop seemed a bit small.Where will the track be and where will the parking be? Would you suggest we use a generator for power?We didn't see any substantial amount of power outlets on the outside of the building. No one has answered regarding the type of timing system being used.We want to make sure we can use our personal transponders and have run into problems at other races. We have been told they will only work with the newer AMB system and certain software. Will the track design be changed every month or stay the same? Are the races in Orlando much bigger? we haven't been to Superior Hobbies.Can someone tell us about the racing there? BTW,we looked in the window but didn't see any RC car goods. Is there any one locally that specializes in cars? Thank You
Old 04-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Superior Hobbies is a host track for one of the Florida Electric State Series races. They have a fairly good sized shop with most of the touring cars and spare parts for those kits. And the track is good sized as well. I have raced a HPI Challange race and a FSEARA race at their track and each time the layout was different. You can use your personal transponders at their track. As for on site electric, we only saw a couple of outside outlets the last time we raced there. We usually travel with a generator so it isn't an issue with us. You can pick up a nice Colmen at Home Depot for under $400. You can visit their web site at www.superiorhobbies.com to see a little more about the race dates and classes that they race.

Patrick
Old 04-04-2003, 03:48 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Xraygal....hopefully this will answer all your remaining questions;
1) The track will be in front of the shop, measuring 100' x 52" and parking is available on the side of the track, on the side of the shop, or in back of the shop.
2) I would always suggest to bring a generator, especially if you bring the trailer you mentioned. As I stated earlier, limited power is available on first come, first serve.
3) Timing system = AMBrc transponder system, Autoscore version 7.26c and this will take your personals as I stated before.
4) The track will stay the same for the time being. Only racing once a month doesn't really constitute a need for repeated changes.
5) The races in Orlando are bigger. Larger pool of racers and more centralized location.
6) For info on their races see their website as was mentioned earlier.
7) You didn't see r/c car parts from the window because they can't be seen from there. No one locally specializes in cars. Superior does however.

Many of your questions will be answered at the track or during the driver's meeting.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Scott, do you have a sketch of the track layout that you could post ?

thanks

Steve
Old 04-06-2003, 05:53 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Steve, I don't have a sketch to post. I think the layout looks pretty sweet though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.