Community
Wiki Posts
Search

focar race 5 recap! hot hot hot

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Default focar race 5 recap! hot hot hot

race 5 traveled to superior hobbies in orlando, and the racing was hotter than the weather!we had 55 entries on ahot labor day weekend!traction was great with ever round faster than the last.

first up was the NOVICE CLASS with two drivers battling it out for the win.TQ and race winner steve schowiak was chased hard all day long by aren(the flash) biala. steve and aren finished the main on the same lap! great job guys.

1/10TH STOCK:

the stock class had again two drivers battling all day long for the TQ spot and the win in the main. mike dispenza drove a long way and not only took the win but the TQ as well. mike beat eugene biala in a hard fought race. great job fellas!

SPORTSMAN 19 TURN

greg walsh and tony burruso were actual tied on the scoring sheet going into round three! that's how close the racing was all day with the sportsman racers. in the last round greg broke the tie with a nice 45 lap run. greg also took the win in the main with a 47 lap effort followed by his shadow tony and mike dispenza. these guys have been running side by side at every race and they always come off the drivers stand laughing and having a good time! the series needs a hundred more of them for sure! great job all year long guys.

NOVAK 43K

this one had a suprise ending for sure! taking the win and TQ was dave puliafico followed by jacksonville legend tim koivu. i think this was tims best performance in a long time. michael gitchell finished third with ronie hames fourth. i think dave has brushless locked up for 2006! nice

1/12 19 turn

new location same winner!
mike bean again set TQ and took the A main win. but this time he had a shadow in the form of curt sanderson. curt and mike finished on the same lap!and new to the series for 2006 bob husted has found the handle on his car and took a strong third place finish! great job mike,curt and bob. i think mike bean has this class sewn up for 2006! mike has been the 1/12 champ now 3 straight years! WOW!!!

FACTORY STOCK

the racing in the pro stock class has always been close and clean all year long. race five was no exception,taking the win and TQ is tom pedano followed by a new name in pro stock tom marlowe.taking third was billy bruce and fith went to scott fillingham. i think tom would need to TQ and win the last race to beat billy for the FOCAR CUP! all eyes will be on these two in october for sure!

SPRINT CAR

only three sprints showed up at superior but the racing was still great.
christian(power push) ginter took TQ and the win at race five followed by chris brimmer and carl ross! nice job guys

FACTORY 19 TURN

this was our largest class of the day with twenty two drivers wanting to win.

the C main was taken by greg vick with a nice 48 lap run follwed by mark(GTB) abbott

the B main was taken by doug miller with scott(my pick to win) lafoe and bob husted in third. great racing guys!

the A MAIN was unreal!!!

ernie(i'm retired) bucci took his first focar event in style!

ernie fought his way to the front and with less than thirty seconds to go took the lead for good! he was followed by dave P and rich boehmler who needed a photo to figure out who was second and third! not far behind was the pole sitter tom pedano who had a horrible start due to not being able to hear the starting tone. the top seven cars all finished with 51 laps!! the early race leader finished last with an ill handling and over geared car. less than three seconds seperated first thru seventh! what a race!

thank you all for coming out on a holiday weekend! i want to thank superior hobbies for a great surface with lot's of traction. a big thanks to the focar sponsors for a huge raffel!

last race of the year is at speedline hobbies!

GTB speedo winner : mark abbott
dark cloud award : greg vick
hard charger award : tim koivu

thanks for a great year william sell