Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW-N-H/DTRC Mandan 2011 Summer Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

We could argue all day over this and we wouldn't get anywhere. I am being very nice about everything so I expect the same from.you. This will be the last of my conversation with you about this but I was tq after the first round so it must have been counting.
Have a wonderful day.
Tyler
Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You're done arguing? Tyler, you don't know what you're talking about. I was running that round and your transponder came up as unidentified. I got lucky in assigning it to your car. I forgot to mention that in the frenzy, my fault, but then, I thought the computer would remember the assignment. Nevertheless, laps can be reassigned so for you to not get the problem taken care of in the second round is your fault. Surely you know you led that race?

Like I said, take care of these problems well before the next round is about to start. I know you have run races and so I know you know better than to be yelling at me from the driver's stand about something you could have easily remedied well beforehand.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Ok I think you just like to be in the middle of arguments hahaha. I am sure 99% of the people on the fourm would agree whith me that if my laps counted the first round and nobody said anything about a problem with my transponder you wouldn't even think about it in the second round why would you?. All I have.to say is don't piss off the racers who come and support the club and WWNH over stupid matters like this. WWNH is a great place to come and race and I enjoy it very much.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

So you had no idea you were leading the race? Most guys go up and check their results. 100% of people would agree that if you're dominating by that much you will know that you're leading the race so when you get the results and you're not the winner you know something went wrong and you fix the problem immediately.

Ah yeah, ok. So you and your followers are going to boycott the DTRC races because you couldn't keep track of your race results? Nice.

Why don't you admit you were in the wrong? We do the best we can but we will not keep track of every racer. In the end it is your responsibility to keep track of your racing. Without a dedicated manager who's only responsibility it is to make sure everyone is taken care of you have to take care of yourself.

If you're not comfortable with that you should not come to DTRC races because we simply do not have the resources to watch every tiny detail.

I am out there trying to have fun and when you're yelling at me from the driver's stand for some problem that you obviously did know about or you would not have known to yell, my fun is being taken away. You can expect that every time you take away from my fun time we're going to have problem. I don't care what 99% of your people say about it.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedchic
Sorry to report that I didn't have TQ last Saturday, that honor goes to Tyler Lynn. He also had the fastest lap too. That computer system obviously is very blonde!! Congrats Tyler
I was looking over the results, the 26.838 second lap was definitely yours.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Ok so you obviously didn't look at the results from.round one I had 12 laps and I was the leader for the entire race and I knew I was because you.were anouncing it so yes I most certainly check them. Secondly I am not going to boycot the dtrc series. I didn't even yell or for that matter even say anything to anybody about loosing the tq to a computer glitch in round two because the computer didn't save my transponder number from round one because it really wasn't a big deal. like I said I told terry about the transponder being inside my radio box and I didn't know.the number he said no problem we will drag it to.you in round one fair enough. So round one went off without a hitch and everything was fine so you tell me how I was supposed to know that I had to come check my transponder when everything was fine.on.the sheet so explain that to me?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

OK, I get it. You are never ever ever ever wrong. What a crock of... in round 2 you must have known that you were about to have at least a lap up on everyone. I would know if I were racing that well, anyway.

So I guess nobody cared until I said "drivers ready" for the main and suddenly it was a big freakin deal to have all the cars checked in manually. There is no need to be yelling at the guy trying to operate the computer.

I will say it again, make sure your car is checked in before the guy running the race says "drivers ready?!?!?!?!!" At least we'll have a much better computer this weekend, but the software is still archaic so we need as much help from you guys as we can get.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WTF! At what point did this matter? I know from my point of view and those around me this was no big deal. We joked about the TQ and had fun and moved on with our lives. We understood that there were computer issues and accepted it. We had crappy weather, oncoming flood waters and perpetual unpreparedness, but we got to race and life was good! Don't take that away by bringing up past issues or we might as well start raving about bad track marshals again. Get over it and let's go racing!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Let's remember that racing is fun, and mistakes are made, even by computers. Not a big deal. Let's let it go and have fun this weekend.

And there was no yelling at anybody either, so just drop that out of your conversation please.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

OK, lets just make the same stupid mistakes again.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

I should say folks need to be prepared to pit outdoors since Jeff has been flooded out of his house he's had to use the garage to store a bunch of his things from home. We may try to pit up front where the carpet track is, but I just thought I should let everyone know.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pmes
Yes, we still have them if we got them from you before, but folks like Janet and Tyler who had conflicts should definitely come up to one of us a few minutes before their race so that we can get their number stored in the computer.

Nothing worse than some idiot yelling at you because they don't know their own transponder number.
It didn't work the first round either ... must be a conspiracy
OK, lets just make the same stupid mistakes again.
Pete- I will say that as a representative of WWNH and DTRC you are not conducting yourself in a very good way. You may want to refrain from the name calling at least.

As for the other matter... I've run a race or two as well and while computer glitches are very annoying I would expect the transponders to be assigned to the same person from round to round.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

did someone say marshals??? boy don't get me going on that one...see you all saturday, I expect a group hug before we start...haha
P.S. I know what speed chics secret is to the fastest lap....
Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pits

So will we need Pit,Tables, Chairs, Power Cords, Hows the weather/track looking
Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
did someone say marshals??? boy don't get me going on that one...
Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.